Reaction score
I don't think he's done, but lets be honest.... two major back surgeries and a twice broken clavical in the past three years, and he'll be 36 years old next season.

He's about at the end of the line.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But - and I even remarked on this at the time as I was watching - Tony looked out of it, dazed, maybe even a bit drowsy or sleepy, during the National Anthem. Looked like most all of us probably do after too much Thanksgiving feast and beer. Looked like he was ready to go crash on the couch, not like he was ready to play football. I had a really bad feeling of impending disaster creep right the fuck in after seeing that.

Dunno what it means or even if it was a thing. Just a observation. Pain meds maybe?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But - and I even remarked on this at the time as I was watching - Tony looked out of it, dazed, maybe even a bit drowsy or sleepy, during the National Anthem. Looked like most all of us probably do after too much Thanksgiving feast and beer. Looked like he was ready to go crash on the couch, not like he was ready to play football. I had a really bad feeling of impending disaster creep right the fuck in after seeing that.

Dunno what it means or even if it was a thing. Just a observation. Pain meds maybe?

I heard people on the postgame show saying the same thing. Wonder if that could also be why he kept pouring water on his head, to try to sort of wake himself up?

Tony himself said in the PC that he felt mentally slow in the game, that he wasn't processing things as quickly as usual. Now he chalked that up to mostly not having weeks of practice, preseason, games, etc. after a layoff, so that doesn't sound like the same issue.

I wondered a little about the pain med possibility myself. Last year when the Eagles killed us and he had a bad day was when he refused the pain shot for the first time. Wouldn't think it would be related, but is there any way it could have something to do with playing on such a short week?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I heard people on the postgame show saying the same thing. Wonder if that could also be why he kept pouring water on his head, to try to sort of wake himself up?

Tony himself said in the PC that he felt mentally slow in the game, that he wasn't processing things as quickly as usual. Now he chalked that up to mostly not having weeks of practice, preseason, games, etc. after a layoff, so that doesn't sound like the same issue.

I wondered a little about the pain med possibility myself. Last year when the Eagles killed us and he had a bad day was when he refused the pain shot for the first time. Wouldn't think it would be related, but is there any way it could have something to do with playing on such a short week?
I dunno Man but he looked as bad as he played. And yeah, kept dumping water on his head. Just bizarro stuff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Even before the injury against Philly, not sure he has ever looked "right" this yr. He didn't play that great in either of those games (other than final couple drives vs NYG)

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If you have paid attention to Romo over the years, you can always tell when he feels it is his fault. That water cup on the head thing is a dead giveaway. Never saw that last year. That's probably his way of trying to tell himself to quit trying to be a hero.

I think the short week is part of it. Physically, he did not look like he had it. Mentally neither. And this was a bad opponent to face on a short week.

But let's be honest, the gameplan was not for us to have a way to ease him into the game. The plan was for him to drive the passing game against a good defense. And the Panthers have one of the best and smartest defenses in the league right now. It was an aggressive gameplan and it played into their hands.

Reaction score
He should be tired of having to wait 5 seconds in the pocket for plays to develop. Ginger's offense is ruining his health once again.

Top Bottom