superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are intentionally well over the cap. I think Jerry forgot to factor in Romo getting pile-drived and the defense going into a coma when he did his cap projections and return on investment though. Maybe he should hire Miss Cleo.

Reaction score
I asked that same question the other day, what is the criteria? None of the people really offered an explanation other than "Jerry is the worst"

You are incorrect, you may have chosen to ignore what was presented or you may disagree with what was presented, by myself and others gave you a list of things that attributed to our opinions of Jerry as a piss poor GM.

Reaction score
This is a pretty talented roster by almost all accounts.

There are some talented players on this team with very little depth or just good role players. There is a ton of players on this squad that I would label as money grabbers and entitled bitches.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are some talented players on this team with very little depth or just good role players. There is a ton of players on this squad that I would label as money grabbers and entitled bitches.

Definitely, and it's been that way since Wade took over. No one respected him. They just did the least they possibly had to do to get a check every week.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Objection, your honor. Hearsay.

I will clearly show that these players did not care about winning and were simply there to collect a paycheck and nothing else (whenever I get around to it).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You are incorrect, you may have chosen to ignore what was presented or you may disagree with what was presented, by myself and others gave you a list of things that attributed to our opinions of Jerry as a piss poor GM.

I'm not incorrect. I asked what the criteria was and nobody had a legit answer, including you.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not incorrect. I asked what the criteria was and nobody had a legit answer, including you.

Bringing in the right players for the team's system (if there is one), hiring the right personnel people (who can draft offensive lineman), oh, and hiring the right head coaches. He's batting .333 in that department (not including Garrett).

Reaction score
Bringing in the right players for the team's system (if there is one), hiring the right personnel people (who can draft offensive lineman), oh, and hiring the right head coaches. He's batting .333 in that department (not including Garrett).
He was given those reasons, apparantly they aren't legit. lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Thats only part of it, but if the main job of the GM is putting talent on the field, we do have talent on the field.

As for your comment about drafting OL, its been somewhat of a problem for a long time, but we have drafted some exceptional OL as well. Guys like Stepnoski, Erik Williams, Larry Allen, Flozelle Adams and Andre Gurode. Doug Free appears to be one we've hit on too. That said, trying to say that a GM is good or bad based on his success or failure of one position is pretty lame.

Hiring the right HC's would be the #1 job IMO of the GM, and there really isnt any defense of his hiring of Switzer, Gailey and Campo. Jimmy was a great hiring, Parcells was the right hire at the time and while I still think he was mediocre as a HC, he did turn around the scouting department and did start bringing in some quality talent. I dont think the Wade hire was anywhere near as bad as the Switzer-Gailey-Campo trio. I think Garrett will be a homerun.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wouldn't credit Jerry with drafting Erik Williams and Mark Stepnoski. Those were Jimmy's picks when he ran the draft. We all know what happened after Jerry fired him. As far as Flozell, Allen, and Gurode, they were 2nd rounders so you expect them to be good. Adams and Allen both fell into our laps too. Free was a good pick. We finally hit on one mid round lineman. Jerry's draft record has been atrocious and was one of the big reasons why the dynasty crumbled.

He's been bad at hiring coaches and even worse at drafting players. Up until a few years ago he's been a loose cannon, drafting and signing players like he's playing Madden - no system whatsoever. Sure there's talent out there, but look what it's gotten us in the last 15 years: one playoff win. Another GM definitely would have been fired for this several times over.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd say Jerry is not only in the bottom half of the league, he's in the bottom 25% no matter what you use to judge him by, imo.

What's his job? Bring in talent that fits, draft well, hire coaches that can coach.

Jimmy built something special, who knows what Jerry had to do with it. Jimmy leaves, Jerry face fucks the franchise into the ground.

Until. . . Jerry is at the end of his rope, doesn't know how to dig out of the hole he dug himself into.

He hires Bill Parcells. BP knew what to do. That's what he specializes in. Taking shitty teams and building them back up and stocking them with talent.

BP leaves Jerry alone to play with his new toy. Jerry comes to the conclusion that there are two men for the job. Neither had any head coaching success in their collective lives, but what the hay. Norv Turner or Wade Phillips.

Wade gets the job. Takes everything BP instilled in the team and threw it out the window. He turned them soft. That's what Wade is/was, that's what his team slowly turned into.

I believe Wade was another puppet in the long line of coaches that came after Jimmy. There's no other reason you give Wade the team for that long. Wade was on cloud 9. He was the headcoach of the Dallas Cowboys. I doubt he gave a shit how involved Jerry was in the day to day. When the GM makes comments like, "I can't coach that out of that player", does that not tell you just how involved he is?

It's plain as day for me, when Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells is not around, this team goes backwards in a hurry. I really hope Jason is as good a coach over the long haul as he showed the last half of 2010.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

Switzer won a SB with Jimmy's team. What's your point?

13-3 had nothing to do with Bill leaving Wade a stacked roster that was maturing. Nothing?

I guess you guys don't see the pattern. Good coach leaves, team does well for a year or two, then turns into piece of shit.

It's happened twice.

Top Bottom