dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
12-4, although 10-6 or 11-5 might be more reasonable.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we did finish 10-6 or 11-5 but had a better team and went deeper into the playoffs than last yr.

If all the key people (especially Romo) stay healthy and the pass rush is as improved as we hope, we will be playing in the last game of the yr with a chance to win #6

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If the coach abandoned the running game during the years they had Murray running for 3.6 ypc
He never had a average even that bad. He was always up very near 4 and over 4. So that strengthens your very valid points in the rest of your post.
I just don't see it. If the unproven RBBTIOMT (Running Back By The Island of Misfit Toys) has imperfect results or gets nothing even close to last year (which is tragically possible), the passing game will have to go into its panic mode. There is only one outcome and that is too many pass attempts and Romo being bludgeoned. Last year where Romo's number of passes decreased and accuracy improved because of the 1800 yards and 90th percentile rushing attempts, he was still sacked 29 times. That's only 6 less than his worst year in his career. He was knocked out of a game and pounded by Haslett who knows the repetitive weakness of the offense in its obvious and uncamouflaged pass mode (particularly as Bob Sturm labeled it: the empty backfield). If Romo gets pounded in such a scenario, that's it. If the coach abandoned the running game during the years they had Murray running for 3.6 ypc, how much more rapidly is he going to pull the plug on a running back committee featuring a bunch of hasn't beens and never weres.

6-10.

Is it really unlikely?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I could see Dez Bryant saving us from an alien invasion. Gets in his jet, out maneuvers an alien space ship. Punches him in the face and drags him back to Area 51 where he meets up with his stripper girlfriend.
Ha. That movie was on again, just the other night.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Last year I said 10-6. This year I'm gonna have to say the same.

I felt like last year we were better than people were giving us credit for and felt we could sneak some teams. Obviously I didn't see 12 wins coming.

This year I think the expectations are a little high so I don't see any teams sleeping on us early. Actually I think there's gonna be a lot of dline's trying extra hard to beat this "great" online that the media keeps hyping up. So while I feel like we do have a better team this year and could potentially be better off in the playoffs, I think we'll do it at two less wins.

As mentioned previously in this thread by others, this team never handles success well. Their heads get blown up and they end up thinking they already made it. So that's probably my biggest concern heading into this season. Moreso than not having Murray. Otherwise on paper we easily have one of the most stacked teams in the NFC.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Big difference between this thread from last year, and this year's "premature" prediction thread...

dude

Spectator
Reaction score
Christ, I almost don't care......
Where is the thread on the Jerry Jones Death Watch???? Did we have to give up on that?

EDIT:
Nevermind..... the blind mouse found the cheese..... god damn...

Top Bottom