bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Me too, a lot of Cowboy fans love to scoff at Chip Kelly and the Eagles but I think they're gonna give us fits and if both Dallas and the Eagles stay healthy, one of these two teams will win the division

I respect the hell out of him. He got the Eagles to double digit wins with two QBs inferior to Romo. Think we would have done that with Weeden?

Reaction score
So you have them making it the championship game and losing (to who)?

Let's go with a loss to the Packers.

This result will prompt people at CZ to draw parallels between Garrett's losses to the Packers and Landry's losses to the Packers ("Tom had the same problem, but he broke through it just like Jason will.") Many at DCU will find such reasoning to be excruciatingly painful.

Reaction score
One thing that I do hate about this team is all the SB talk. Brandon Carr was talking about it according to tweets I saw this AM.

This team, and it comes from Jerry, just has this sense of entitlement as if if we have one good year, we just know were going to the SB the next year and we talk about it endlessly. Happened 2008, 2011, and now this offseason.

Reaction score
I just don't see it. If the unproven RBBTIOMT (Running Back By The Island of Misfit Toys) has imperfect results or gets nothing even close to last year (which is tragically possible), the passing game will have to go into its panic mode. There is only one outcome and that is too many pass attempts and Romo being bludgeoned. Last year where Romo's number of passes decreased and accuracy improved because of the 1800 yards and 90th percentile rushing attempts, he was still sacked 29 times. That's only 6 less than his worst year in his career. He was knocked out of a game and pounded by Haslett who knows the repetitive weakness of the offense in its obvious and uncamouflaged pass mode (particularly as Bob Sturm labeled it: the empty backfield). If Romo gets pounded in such a scenario, that's it. If the coach abandoned the running game during the years they had Murray running for 3.6 ypc, how much more rapidly is he going to pull the plug on a running back committee featuring a bunch of hasn't beens and never weres.

6-10.

Is it really unlikely?

Reaction score
Can't see nine and seven making the playoffs

It isn't so unusual. A quick review of the past 10 seasons:

In 2014, 1 playoff team had a sub 9-7 record (Panthers were 7-8-1).
In 2013, 2 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record (Chargers, 9-7; Packers 8-7-1).
In 2012, 0 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record.
In 2011, 3 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record (Bengals, 9-7; Broncos, 8-8; Giants, 9-7).
In 2010, 1 playoff team had a 9-7 or worse record (Seahawks, 7-9)
In 2009, 2 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record (Jets and Ravens were both 9-7)
In 2008, 2 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record (Chargers, 8-8; Cardinals, 9-7. The Eagles got in with a 9-6-1 record.)
In 2007, 2 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record (Redskins and Tampa Bay were both 9-7)
In 2006, 3 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record (Chiefs and Cowboys were both 9-7; Giants were 8-8)
In 2005, 0 playoff teams had a 9-7 or worse record.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Overrated O line.

they have trouble with big bodies on D (see Thanksgiving and the Detroit playoff game). Green Bay's o-line is just as good or better, yet receives a fraction of the hosannas

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You guys are all crappy fans.

We will go 19-0 and teams won't even score against us. The only way anyone scores on us is if the Cowboys are out defending the earth against alien invaders, and even then it will be a 4th quarter garbage score.

TRUE FAN!!!!111111 Wooooo hoooo!!!!!!11111

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One thing that I do hate about this team is all the SB talk. Brandon Carr was talking about it according to tweets I saw this AM.

This team, and it comes from Jerry, just has this sense of entitlement as if if we have one good year, we just know were going to the SB the next year and we talk about it endlessly. Happened 2008, 2011, and now this offseason.

Makes me sick, STFU, its a long ass season and talking doesn't get you anywhere. Hate the overhype that comes with the team as well, the minute we get a few good players, they rocket to the top of the league and all we hear is how are the Cowboys not winning it all with the best ______ (fill in the blank)?

Now its the offensive line, whom I think is very good, but I hate hearing about how they're the best line in the league ad nauseam. The good thing about those guys is they aren't eating the cheese and that gives them the best chance to live up (or close) to expectations.

The most delicious part of last year for me was when the season started, it was the only time I can ever remember hearing jerri talking negative about the team and not proclaiming a Super Bowl was in sight. He thought they were gonna suck and I don't think he liked having to refrain from taking Johnny Football. He wanted the world to know he didn't believe in the way players were selected or currently assembled and he would have don't things completely differently. I think he was setting up to be able to say "I told you so" and he got that shit rammed right up his stupid, self glorifying ass and it was awesome!

Reaction score
I could see Dez Bryant saving us from an alien invasion. Gets in his jet, out maneuvers an alien space ship. Punches him in the face and drags him back to Area 51 where he meets up with his stripper girlfriend.

Reaction score
Now its the offensive line, whom I think is very good, but I hate hearing about how they're the best line in the league ad nauseam. The good thing about those guys is they aren't eating the cheese and that gives them the best chance to live up (or close) to expectations.

I love it. I love that fans of other teams are so envious, lol. Bottom line is it doesn’t matter what any of us thinks. Doesn’t matter what Osi thinks. What they do on the field is what matters. These guys haven’t eaten the cheese. All you hear is about how they are the hardest workers on the team. That’s where my confidence is. The team goes where they go. I think the players are hungry. I don’t sense entitlement. Anyways, talk is cheap and we will see on the field in 4 days.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I love it. I love that fans of other teams are so envious, lol. Bottom line is it doesn’t matter what any of us thinks. Doesn’t matter what Osi thinks. What they do on the field is what matters. These guys haven’t eaten the cheese. All you hear is about how they are the hardest workers on the team. That’s where my confidence is. The team goes where they go. I think the players are hungry. I don’t sense entitlement. Anyways, talk is cheap and we will see on the field in 4 days.

agreed about the players, these guys don't seem like the players we've had in the past who let it go to their heads and started acting like they could just show up on Sunday and kick it into gear.

The other reason I don't like all the hype is its just more motivation for other teams. Every team already gets up for the Cowboys because of the America's team label. Its hard enough to win under the salary cap and free agency without giving teams any extra motivation.

I like lying low, keeping the eye on the prize and showing up on game day

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You guys are all crappy fans.

We will go 19-0 and teams won't even score against us. The only way anyone scores on us is if the Cowboys are out defending the earth against alien invaders, and even then it will be a 4th quarter garbage score.

TRUE FAN!!!!111111 Wooooo hoooo!!!!!!11111

dbair made that joke last year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
10 and 6 because of Romo. Not sold on the RBBC and the D has a lot to prove.

Top Bottom