Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As far as the Cowboys & Romo, him coming back and winning games proves Garrett's incompetence even more.

Romo is why the Cowboys win games. Period. The fact that he can win with an ass clown of a GM and a spineless head coach only proves how clutch he is.
I just don't want to seem him come in when it's hopeless after a seven game skid, and get fucking hurt.

I submit that the defense only LOOKS better, because teams know they can stay super conservative and win, with our total lack of offensive threat. Romo returns, this defense gets exposed.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we lose because of the defense I fully expect Hardy to start exposing the coaching staff.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If we lose because of the defense I fully expect Hardy to start exposing the coaching staff.
Jimmy created positive team chemistry. Jerruh has what right now is the chemistry of a thermonuclear device!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

We lost the Atlanta game because of the defense. Throw in New Orleans too to a certain extent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank God they put Romo on IR designated to return instead of possibly having him back not this week, but next.

wait. . .

Dude, there's plenty to complain about with the decisions the team makes, but this is not one of them.

he might be able to throw in shorts and pads, but he isn't ready to take a hit. It takes a certain amount of time for a bone to heal completely. They arnt going to expose him to any contact until the bone is completely healed. Also, isn't this the 2nd time he has broken the same clavicle?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just don't want to seem him come in when it's hopeless after a seven game skid, and get fucking hurt.

I submit that the defense only LOOKS better, because teams know they can stay super conservative and win, with our total lack of offensive threat. Romo returns, this defense gets exposed.

Eh. They are better than last yr and it isn't because of the above. There's more talent out there now.

Honestly I don't think they've played up to what most expected and what they are fully capable of, and I'm sure most of the players and coaches would admit to that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Eh. They are better than last yr and it isn't because of the above. There's more talent out there now.

Honestly I don't think they've played up to what most expected and what they are fully capable of, and I'm sure most of the players and coaches would admit to that.
"Talent" out there that really hasn't done much. Few sacks, even fewer turnovers. Spotty beastly play by Hardy and that's about it. When we again become a threat to score, teams are gonna rape this D.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Talent" out there that really hasn't done much. Few sacks, even fewer turnovers. Spotty beastly play by Hardy and that's about it. When we again become a threat to score, teams are gonna rape this D.

we'll see...last yr your story was "the d is only better because the offense keeps them off the field"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we'll see...last yr your story was "the d is only better because the offense keeps them off the field"
Which, was true then too. Near league record 3rd down conversion rate. Seasons change.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We'll get to play a last place schedule next year!

Seriously, that's one of the many reasons this team will probably be very good again next year, besides lowered expectations and killing the sense of entitlement this year's team had. Next year the team will be hungry to prove itself again, the coaches probably won't run such a Camp Bubblewrap, the players won't hear all summer how wonderful and great they are, etc.

Only worry to me is that Witten is getting up there and can't go forever. Romo I think is still okay as long as he doesn't take any big hits or get his back twisted again.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We'll get to play a last place schedule next year!

The impact is only 2 games. The other 14 games (6 NFC east, 4 NFC North, and 4 AFC North) are already set.

The only "bonus" of finishing last in the NFC East would be getting to play the last place teams in the NFC West and NFC South, most likely the 49ers and Buccaneers.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
dbair missing. I'm worried.

tumblr_mzmrycURBd1tqohp6o1_500.gif

Top Bottom