Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
There's a day where Jerry is dead and Jason Garrett is fired.

We're one day closer to both today.

Reaction score
Randle is out and the RBBC nonsense is over. For now. McFadden looks pretty good.

I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he's been.

He's playing better than I think even Murray would be for us had we brought him back.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
McFadden is a bright spot. He looked like shit ran over twice earlier in the year.

Its a real shame that they didn't have a better back up plan than Brandon Weedon coming into the season. I'd kill for Matt Hasslebeck right now.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is exactly what Jerry should be doing, schmoozing free agents to sign here. If he just did that, and let football people GM and coach the team, he'd be the best owner in sports.

Reaction score
As a Mavs fan, I can tell you that Jerry is a pure gem. Cuban has been getting left at the altar for about a decade straight now. That doesn't happen to Jerry ever.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As a Mavs fan, I can tell you that Jerry is a pure gem. Cuban has been getting left at the altar for about a decade straight now. That doesn't happen to Jerry ever.

No doubt Cuban has gotten the shaft but I'd chalk that up to brand distinction vs anything special jerri does

make jerri the owner of the jaguars and Cuban the owner of the Lakers and lets see who gets left at the altar

Reaction score
Free agency definitely has evolved differently in the NBA but how many brands have you seen destroyed by shitty ownership over the years? Look at SF. There's a lot to be said about maintaining and enhancing a brand (Cowboys) vs ruining one due to incompetence. I doubt Jerry would have even bought a shitty brand like the Jags but regardless, he's solely responsible for Collins. He didn't let him leave Dallas without a contract. I don't think any other owner/GM has that kinda influence on coveted players.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Free agency definitely has evolved differently in the NBA but how many brands have you seen destroyed by shitty ownership over the years? Look at SF. There's a lot to be said about maintaining and enhancing a brand (Cowboys) vs ruining one due to incompetence. I doubt Jerry would have even bought a shitty brand like the Jags but regardless, he's solely responsible for Collins. He didn't let him leave Dallas without a contract. I don't think any other owner/GM has that kinda influence on coveted players.

I'd agree about Collins and think thats right in the wheelhouse of what jerri should be doing, sell players on the Cowboys and convince them to play for less so more talent can be had. I give kudos to jerri for that but lets be honest, how hard can it be to sell players on the Cowboys?

Certain brands never die, they simply dim. I'd put the Cowboys, Lakers, Niners, Yankees, Celtics, Packers and probably a few others in that category. I cant think of one thing jerri has done besides winning 3 super bowls that has increased the value of the brand, he merely bought a brand in a down market and milked it for all its worth. Business wise he deserves credit for cleaning up the finances and taking advantage of the myriad of ways to monetize the brand. Aside from this giving them the money to pay salaries, it does nothing for me as a fan. The Cowboys will always be in the news because its a great brand created by Landry/Tex that was enhanced when they won 3 super bowls in the 90's, not because of big screen tvs, dancers on poles, art on the walls of the stadium or any other gimmicks jerri has tried to come up with.

IMO, winning always has been and always will be the most important asset for an NFL team and it should always be priority #1.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Watch Collins:

[video]http://gfycat.com/UnnaturalNegligibleAmericancreamdraft[/video]

Dooms, can you figure how to embed this video?

Speaking of blowjobs, that's pretty much what Beasley's block on that play amounts to.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't stand Cuban. He actually turned me off from the Mavs after years of being a serious fan going back to my youth during the Aguirre/Blackman days. Maybe that's stupid, but it's true. I just can't stand his out-front, attention-whoring personality, which is probably even worse than Jerry's. (Maybe it's simply that he's younger.)

But he has done one critical thing that Jerry hasn't: He hired a truly excellent coach in Carlisle. Carlisle is a top-3, probably top-2 coach right after Popovich. Jerry has never respected head coaching. He thinks the players are the show and head coaching is overrated.

Jerry is a great salesman and is respected by the players for his sheer wealth and power in the league, but the problem is situations like the Collins one are so rare. When is a top-15 type player ever just a free agent open to wining and dining like Collins was? I can't ever remember it happening like that. Usually free agents just come down to money and how much cap room a team has, so his salesmanship advantage doesn't help much, if any.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah he's good. Still cant believe we lucked into him.

Imagine what he'll be like in another year or two.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thank God they put Romo on IR designated to return instead of possibly having him back not this week, but next.

wait. . .

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thank God they put Romo on IR designated to return instead of possibly having him back not this week, but next.

wait. . .
At this point you'd almost wish he would tweak his back knocking off a piece of ass or something, something that ends his season only just, to save him from this debacle.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The return of Romo is all I have to look forward to in football this year.

Our team was a nightmare this year. Our defense played lights out but our QB play killed us. We lost one game this year 24-21 where the QB threw 2 pick-6's and fumbled another ball for a defensive TD.

The Trojans are a debacle this year. If they win a few more games they might get the bright idea to keep Helton and this program will be mediocre another 5 years.

As far as the Cowboys & Romo, him coming back and winning games proves Garrett's incompetence even more.

Romo is why the Cowboys win games. Period. The fact that he can win with an ass clown of a GM and a spineless head coach only proves how clutch he is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom