Will and should the Cowboys obtain Adrian Peterson?

• The Cowboys will obtain Peterson and it'll turn out to be a bad move for the team.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Cowboys won't obtain Peterson, but I definitely think they should.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
300+ for the one, featured guy? Or for the whole team. I am saying that's whole team, regardless of who the back is or how healthy he is. I am saying it's even if Murray had stayed, or if we got Peterson.
If we have a lead RB who is worth his salt and healthy, this team will have 300+ no problem. Murray would have by himself, Peterson will if he comes, if it's Gurley or Gordon, then they probably have 250 and the rest of the backfield gets over 300.

Homers really think what we saw offensively last year will continue. It's hilarious. You actually TRUST Jerry and Carrot Top. I don't trust any of them, for shit. We'll find out.
Homers? Holy shit. I only go off the most recent performance to indicate future performance. If Linehan just couldn't help himself and had to go away from the run, then we would have seen it happen at some point last season. It NEVER happened over 16 games.... sure you can pick a play call here or there where we should have run it... but the team's identity for the entire season was pound the rock, and they were as successful as they have been since Wade was here. Not saying I trust them in all aspects, but I don't think they're going full ****** just cause Tony has a healthy offseason under his belt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I only go off the most recent performance to indicate future performance.
And that's what I did too, but take the longer view. Murray had 217 carries in 2013 out of the 336 total for the team. You have it bass ackwards as far as his workload that year. He had more carries in the EARLY part of the season, than the latter part. From week 1 to the week 10 bye, he had 111 carries. That includes two games missed with injury, the truncated one where he was injured, and the truncated one which was his first return. From there the rest of the way he had 106 carries and only one game where he carried 20 times.. Hardly a huge increase in the commitment to the run.

I have no trouble saying your argument is reasonable - not necessarily right, or agreeable - but reasonable. Mine is too.

I see NO evidence we will see a big running game next year no matter who the back is. There is PLENTY of recent history which says we won't. I firmly believe the ONLY reason we saw it last year is they didn't have any other choice due to Tony's back. They WILL have a choice (or will believe they do) next year and will revert to the same shit we saw in 2010, 2011, 12 and 13.
If Linehan just couldn't help himself and had to go away from the run, then we would have seen it happen at some point last season......but the team's identity for the entire season was pound the rock
No man, because Tony was still quite delicate even on his best day. He forgoes his pain shots for the Thanksgiving day game and was shit. That's pretty late in the season to still be relying on the pain shots to that degree. They weren't about to go away from the run to any great degree, even if Murray got hurt and lost for the season. They would have just pounded the ball with someone else. Whether it still would have worked or not is another question entirely.

You think it is identity, I think it was necessity and recent history proves this was WAY out of character for Carrot Top's tenure. We'll find out, right?
I don't think they're going full ****** just cause Tony has a healthy offseason under his belt.
And I didn't say anything about full ******. I merely pointed out the history, how last year IS a aberration, and I strongly suspect they will revert to the 500 pass, 300 run ratio next season like they had for years up until Tony's surgery.

Tony Romo IS the star. HE is the guy they are invested in. A running game is NOT what Garrett calls football. It's anathema to him. He won't do it unless he just has to do it. We are San Diego in the Fouts era.

Leopards don't change their spots. They might change their hunting methods if they have a foot injury or something, but will go back to their old ways as soon as they think they can.

Most everyone thinks Dallas found a identity last year as a pound the rock team. I'm just saying, I don't think so as a cautionary note. I do NOT trust these fuckers.

What was it Garrett said, about running the ball and championship type teams? Something like, "Running the ball may be a hallmark of a championship type team." That tells you right there his philosophy. MAY be? When in history wasn't it? He doesn't believe in pound the rock as a core offensive identity. It's not him. Unless forced.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
New England last yr. 609 pass attempts, 438 rush attempts.

Pound the rock team arnt they Dooms?

Reaction score
I think Garrett grew as a head coach last year. I think the focus on the running game was his plan. He is a young coach, he had to settle into his role and i think he did that.

Will the Cowboys be able to run again next year? If they can stay healthy upfront and convert 3rd downs, yea doubt about it. Cowboys will be able to do anything they want on offense.

Top Bottom