sbk92

Reaction score
BTW, that info I quoted is like common knowledge to any fan who follows the draft. No team has a board of 400 prospects. They all tailor it down to fits within their system and I haven't heard of a team that ever had a full 32 players in their first round.

sbk92

Reaction score
To steal SBK's term, Jerry Jones is a con man and the worst part is that our stupid fanbase eats it up.

He swore that that ONE playoff win would not be enough and that they wouldn't be satisfied or sit on their laurels because of it. He talked all offseason how he wanted the coaches and players to pretend how they hadn't won anything so that they'd still remain hungry.

The problem is that HE didn't take his own advice. He did nothing to help this team get better or keep them motivated. He signed no free agents and didn't do anything to improve an offensive line that was the main culprit in our loss at Minnesota.

Just like when he pulled that ridiculous act when he hired Wade. He weeped and said "We had.to.get.this.right".....oh the drama. But there were his dumb supporters

"You see! Jerry cares!"

The sooner Jerry Jones stops having any say in football matters, the sooner we'll be able to build true contenders.

Yeah. Pretty much.

He uses the Dallas Cowboys to feed his own ego. He cares about winning, but only his way.

But I'll tell you right now that I actually have some hope for once. I think there's a chance that Jason Garrett is the guy that can save Jerry from himself. That's how highly I view Red. He's young, bright, innovative and he's a Cowboy. He's also Jerry's guy. Parcells wasn't. He was a hired gun. If Garrett wins here, Jerry looks good. He can invest in a guy like that. Make sure he does everything possible to respect his head coach again.

I'm almost convinced Garrett is that good. To me it's a question of whether we can get the players he needs in here. I have no idea how good of a talent evaluator he is. He may need a guy to do that for him. The league is littered with past and present great coaches who needed someone to find them their players.

We don't have that here. Not even close. I'd rather ask my mom about the prospects than the GM and/or Director of Personnel of the Dallas Cowboys.

sbk92

Reaction score
If we go corner I want to grab one in the later rounds.

I still think we can have a few good years with what we have.

Newman is aging, but Jenkins and Scandrick are good enough, let's concentrate on the trenches in this draft.

Offensive line and defensive line is what we need the most.

You can always find capable corners in the 3rd through 5th rounds of the draft. I honestly don't recall a single year of the past 20 where that wasn't the case.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really hope we stay put and take Tyron.
As much as I love defense, and as much as I think Peterson will be a great player in this league... we need to fix these lines. We can't keep ignoring them.

It's going to be real interesting seeing which way Jason Garret decides to go in his first draft.

Who?? Oh, oh, Tryone.

sbk92

Reaction score
I would put center above cornerback. We have to find one soon. They usually take a year or two to get comfortable. Gurode won't be here after 2012.

Jenkins, Newman and Scandrick are all good players. They all were made to look like shat for reasons not in their control. A real camp, real practices, a better front seven, an offense that can run the ball and control the clock, and those cover guys look much different.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding another in the middle rounds but I would look at it as not filling a need but adding to a position of strength. We have three starting caliber cornerbacks, IMO.

At center we have an aging Andre Gurode and

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But I'll tell you right now that I actually have some hope for once. I think there's a chance that Jason Garrett is the guy that can save Jerry from himself. That's how highly I view Red. He's young, bright, innovative and he's a Cowboy. He's also Jerry's guy. Parcells wasn't. He was a hired gun. If Garrett wins here, Jerry looks good. He can invest in a guy like that. Make sure he does everything possible to respect his head coach again.

Same here.

As I'm sure you remember, I was very critical of Garrett the play caller and OC. I thought he got too cute at times when it wasn't necessary and some other little issues I didn't always agree with. But with that said, I always said that I thought he'd make a fine head coach even when my criticism as an OC was at its highest.

You can just see it in his demeanor and the way he carries himself.

He gets it.

Like you said, he's Jerry's boy so there's an excellent chance that Garrett can convince him to do or not do things that he is accustomed to. If ever Jerry was going to give his head coach the final say, this would be it.

The very first thing on his agenda is convincing that idiot that training camp needs to be in one location and it needs to be all business. That issue alone is enough to prove to anyone how much of a moron Jones is when it comes to football.

He still doesn't think the world tour circus that he took this team on last year affected them in anyway.

I don't care if it's in San Antonio, California, or China...just pick a place and stay there until camp is over.

I'm confident that Garrett will stress the importance of this to Jerry.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
lol

Welcome,Sir.

cryptjones.jpg

It's uncanny!

lol

Thanks.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Smart man.

Our corners struggled a bit, but there is talent and ability there so I think they can bounce back, especially Jenkins.

Safety is the much bigger issue and I guarantee you that the corners would magically look better if we had some decent safety play behind them for once.

I would however, like to have Ras-I Dowling.

Top Bottom