dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know preseason really doesn't tell us much. And I know there's one game to go and we still have the final roster cuts looming. But just for fun and for the record, let's post our season predictions now.

I'm pessimistic. I think Romo's back is alot bigger of a problem then they're making out, and truly I see little improvement personnel wise, for this defense. This schedule is brutal and I have, NO faith whatsoever.

I think they start something like 1-5, Redball gets fired and the team finishes 5-11. And this is "best case" meaning Romo doesn't go down and plays comparably well to last year.

What say you?

I'm thinking no way Romo survives the 50 pass attempts he's going to have to put up each week and at best, we end up 6-10.

While he's healthy I expect big numbers from Romo, along with Dez, Demarco, and a lot of completions for Witten. The O Line will be as advertised.

I think this defense is going to be BAD and it will cost people their jobs. I feel it will be the kind of disaster that forces Jerry to bring in a big name and give up control, or more specifically, forces Stephen to force Jerry to give up control.

6-10. I think 8-8 will be an accomplishment.

I think 7-9, but that's probably a little hopeful.

The run defense is going to suck and 4 of the 5 best rushing attacks from last year account for 6 games.

I think the entire NFCW is gonna give Dallas trouble because they're far more physical. The Saints will probably set all sorts of records while Rob just waves towards Jerry's luxury box.

The Skins or Giants will steal one. They almost did last year.

I think we start the year 2-6 or something similar. But then finish strong on account of a weaker schedule, and jerry incorrectly thinks it's a sign of improvement and points to our 2nd half 5-3 record as his reasoning to extend the red headed dipshit.

I think Romo stays healthy and the back is a non issue, largely.

I think we lose both Murray and Dunbar to injuries for various periods of time.

I think Lawrence is a non-factor. 3 sacks max.

Spencer is a non factor and if he's active on more than 4 game days I'll be shocked.

Melton will be a lone bright spot but like Glover in the early 2000s, it won't matter in the win column.

Offensive line doesn't live up to fan expectations, but comes together as the year end.

We finish 3rd in the division. Redskins and Eagles fight for 1st.

7-9 to 8-8

This division sucks

With Bradford out, I think they can beat the Rams

Wins: Tennessee, Rams, texans, jags, at least three east games
Losses: SF, saints, Seahawks, cards, bears, colts

5-11 to 6-10

Swept by Philly, split with Washington and NYG.

Beat Texans, Rams, Jags... If we beat the Titans, 6-10, if we lose to them 5-11.

Oh look,the Cowboys have 4 of their 6 division games after the bye,plus Indy and Da Bears.
Shit we got this.
7-9.

6-10

Thats if Romo plays 14 games.

4-12
Win against rams, redskins @ home and sweep the giants. That's it

Forgot about the jags.

5-11

After what we've seen in the preseason, hard to picture more than 6 or 7 wins

Entire organization is a fucking joke right now.

Fuzzy Lumpkins is over there predicting 11-5.

Limping into December with a lot of injuries, losing all four games of that month
Winning one in September, maybe 2 in October and 2 in November.

Rams - win
Skins @ Home - Win
Jags - win.
Split one with the Giants and a question mark with the Texans..

Teetering between 4-12 and 5-11.

we are going to be terrible.

i think we're lucky to win 6 games. there is just no talent.

3 to 5 wins

picking in the top 5 of 2015 draft - should be Leonard Williams, DE, USC

6-10

Garrett will get another year too, thanks to a letter from Hostile to Jerry stating he sees what is being built here.

3-13.

The player development is so bad that anyone off the street is an upgrade at safety and DL.

6-10 simply bc of Romo. Would be 2-3 win team otherwise.

7-9 at best

Five wins, maybe six. This is the result of stacking good days on top of each other with RKGs. I am ashamed to be a fan .

Schizophrenic team leaves us with schizophrenic predictions.

Message board prediction FAIL

Reaction score
I think we start the year 2-6 or something similar. But then finish strong on account of a weaker schedule, and jerry incorrectly thinks it's a sign of improvement and points to our 2nd half 5-3 record as his reasoning to extend the red headed dipshit.

I think Romo stays healthy and the back is a non issue, largely.

I think we lose both Murray and Dunbar to injuries for various periods of time.

I think Lawrence is a non-factor. 3 sacks max.

Spencer is a non factor and if he's active on more than 4 game days I'll be shocked.

Melton will be a lone bright spot but like Glover in the early 2000s, it won't matter in the win column.

Offensive line doesn't live up to fan expectations, but comes together as the year end.

We finish 3rd in the division. Redskins and Eagles fight for 1st.

#nailedit

#likealways

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
There wasn't a single so called expert that had us over 7 wins

The only people that predicted 10 or
More wins are the delusional idiots that have made the same prediction the last 20 years

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There wasn't a single so called expert that had us over 7 wins

The only people that predicted 10 or
More wins are the delusional idiots that have made the same prediction the last 20 years

Noshameingame said 10-6, I think he was the only one in the thread here who predicted a winning record. Props to him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nobody in their wildest dreams could have imagined Dallas would feature the running game and make it a staple of the offense, or these predictions wouldn't have been nearly as dire.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We had this type of season because we didn't make it all about Tony. Predicting this type of season means nothing if you didn't predict the correct circumstances that led to it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol, I love this free willing, no holds bar, censor free forum

I didn't write my prediction in a post but put me down for 6-10

Reaction score
bring me my plate of crow... mmm... mmm..

~awkward smile where you can't tell if I'm retarded or really enjoying eating crow~

Reaction score
Almost every year for the last decade I have optimistically posted the Cowboys win at least 10-6 or 11-5.

Unfortunately, every year we as Cowboys fans are sadly disappointed.

Even the year Captain Kangaroo (Wade Phillips) boasted a record of 13-3, our hopes were dashed with the Cowboys playoffs meltdown that eventually let the NY Pissants win the SB.

I took off the Rose Colored glasses this year. I see Carrot Top being lucky enough to get an 8-8 record this year. Even if the Cowboys make it to the playoffs, they will blow chunks and get beat badly in the 1st round.

:cool

This is one situation I dont mind being w..wr...wrrrr.... WRONG!

So, I m looking forward to a victorius run to the SB.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dude,I already admitted my inaccurate prediction long ago,
I was going to post all yours but eh,wrong is wrong,mea culpa.
Also don't have that much spare time.

Mine's in there too. I was part of the FAIL

BB posted an old poll from prior to training camp and I had us at 10-6, but then I changed to saying we'd be a 6-8 win team after seeing what we saw in preseason.

Reaction score
Who the fuck knew the Cowboys would be this good? Give me a break. Anyone who claims to have known is just blowing smoke up your ass. Not even fuckin Jerry Jones saw it coming and he put it together.

Top Bottom