Reaction score
No to resigning Murray.

No to resigning Jason, yet. And if we finish the year strong, only still resign him if Marinelli and Linehan stick around.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
No to resigning Murray.

No to resigning Jason, yet. And if we finish the year strong, only still resign him if Marinelli and Linehan stick around.

I don't agree with it, but I think Jason will keep his job as long as he wants to. Lifetime contract lol

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Dez is a must sign.

Murray has to be reasonable.

McClain should be extended soon, gets more and more expensive every day. We get a discount now since we took a chance on him.

I'd sign some backup guys like Sterling Moore and Dwayne Harris, as long as it's reasonable, to show the team hard work and determination is appreciated and rewarded here.

Carter maybe if he plays well when he gets back.

Garrett can wait til the off-season. No rush on him, he isn't going anywhere.

Stephen Jones is supposed to be a guru at signing all of these guys and working the cap. Time to put up or shut up.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Also, can you imagine how scary good this defense could be if we could get to the QB? I'm anxious to see what Lawrence can do. If nothing else, hopefully he can get some penetration and allow others to get some sacks.

Reaction score
Just say no to Murray. Add to the fumble issues, theres the stat out there how RB's fall of precipitously immediately following a 400 carry season - which hes on pace for.

Then the injury concerns.

Naw... our Oline is going to be dominant. They'll have another year experience together next year. Replace Murray with another RB and use the $ on defensive upgrades.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The only way I want Murrray back is if he re-signs before the season AND if it's team friendly.

I do not want to Franchise Tag him because it will be at the expense of at least 2 other starters. Loyal (dumbass) Jerry will probably go this route thinking guys like Nick Hayden and Jeff Heath can get the job done.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Just say no to Murray. Add to the fumble issues, theres the stat out there how RB's fall of precipitously immediately following a 400 carry season - which hes on pace for.

Then the injury concerns.

Naw... our Oline is going to be dominant. They'll have another year experience together next year. Replace Murray with another RB and use the $ on defensive upgrades.
I agree with your take. I would use a very high pick in the draft to select a top RB and spend the other draft picks on defense. I think Murray will be physically spent after this year and once a big contract is given to him, injuries will return as a problem. I think they should use him up on a playoff run with intentions of letting him walk. The oline is very good, but I would replace Murray with top RB talent and continue with a great rushing offense. I don't want a repeat of Barber's contract situation.

Reaction score
Sturm was batting about 5 for $25m with $20m guaranteed for Murray... Would he do that deal? I might take that.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Two things have to happen for the 2015 offense to keep doing what they are doing.

1. They have to replace Murray with talent, can't just think Dunbar or Randle is going to make the leap. Adrian Peterson makes a ton of sense. Perfect storm with Jerry's adoration of Adrian, Adrian's Cowboys fandom, legal issues, and huge contract the Vikings won't want to pay. He will cost a third of what Murray is going to. Draft wise, Gurley, obviously, or Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon would do the job.

2. Same philosophy with Free. If they move on from Free's contract, you have to replace him with talent. If that means sliding Martin over and going out and finding a guard, then do it. Don't just assume Jermey Parnell or Mackenzy Bernadeau is the answer.

Reaction score
Two things have to happen for the 2015 offense to keep doing what they are doing.

1. They have to replace Murray with talent, can't just think Dunbar or Randle is going to make the leap. Adrian Peterson makes a ton of sense. Perfect storm with Jerry's adoration of Adrian, Adrian's Cowboys fandom, legal issues, and huge contract the Vikings won't want to pay. He will cost a third of what Murray is going to. Draft wise, Gurley, obviously, or Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon would do the job.

I'd prefer a rookie RB. Obviously he's gotta be good at picking up the blitz too. Without that, it doesn't matter how well he runs.

2. Same philosophy with Free. If they move on from Free's contract, you have to replace him with talent. If that means sliding Martin over and going out and finding a guard, then do it. Don't just assume Jermey Parnell or Mackenzy Bernadeau is the answer.

The good news is that Parnell is auditioning now. It shouldn't be much longer before the Cowboy know whether Jermey is ready to start.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I agree with your take. I would use a very high pick in the draft to select a top RB and spend the other draft picks on defense. I think Murray will be physically spent after this year and once a big contract is given to him, injuries will return as a problem. I think they should use him up on a playoff run with intentions of letting him walk. The oline is very good, but I would replace Murray with top RB talent and continue with a great rushing offense. I don't want a repeat of Barber's contract situation.

I wouldn't go higher than a 4th on a RB.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

You make some damn good points.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't get too carried away with how "easy" he'd be to replace.

There a shit ton of good RB's who ran behind great OL's that haven't done what Demarco Murray has done this year.

There's a reason it had been Jim Brown's record for 45+ years.

Top Bottom