Round 5, Pick 27 (163) -- Ryan Russell DE
Round 7, Pick 19 (236) (from Chargers) -- Mark Nzeocha LB

Round 7, Pick 26 (243) (from Ravens) -- Laurence Gibson OT
Round 7, Pick 29 (246) (from 49ers) -- Geoff Swaim TE

Shitfest.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By the way I threw up in my mouth a little during Garrett's interview on the NFL Network today, because there's a new term now. RKG? Meet RKE - "Right Kind of Environment."

God, I hate this guy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So what the fuck about this guy that they just had to have him? WHO STOOD ON THE TABLE FOR THIS?
I'm flummoxed. Other than not picking a RB, until this they managed not to do anything overtly idiotic.

Reaction score
I thought draft picks for next season were generally worth the round before them in the current season... Like a 5th rounder this year was worth a 6th next year?

We gave up a 6th next year to get a 7th this year so we could have rights to someone from Texas who we could have signed as a UDFA? :wtf

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought draft picks for next season were generally worth the round before them in the current season... Like a 5th rounder this year was worth a 6th next year?

We gave up a 6th next year to get a 7th this year so we could have rights to someone from Texas who we could have signed as a UDFA? :wtf

That's not how it works when trading pick for pick.

Philly traded With someone and gave up their 4th this yr for a 3rd next yr.

Bobby Beathard several times traded the next yr number 1 for current yr 2.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
appears to be the only pick that did not have a private workout with any Cowboys' personnel, nor was invited to VR.
To keep their secret, they didn't work him out?

32 teams in the NFL, all have scouting departments, but only our genius one knew about this guy!

The process, people. LOL

Reaction score
‏@DMN_George·57 mins57 minutes ago
Jerry Jones says this draft "as well as we've ever been prepared."

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
And not only that... appears to be the only pick that did not have a private workout with any Cowboys' personnel, nor was invited to VR.

So what the fuck about this guy that they just had to have him? WHO STOOD ON THE TABLE FOR THIS?

Exclusive rights! No competition for his services!! That's why it was smart!!!

:facepalm

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You're right, that will be the excuse... Or have they already claimed NE or Seattle were just about to draft him?

Funny thing is, though, that one of the advantages we have is that Jerry typically spends big on UFAs. So we have a competitive advantage there. Don't know why we thought we couldn't use it in this case.

On the player, I kind of laugh at the idea of how valuable a great blocking TE that can't catch a cold could really be. The whole reason a TE is valuable is the ability to do both. If his hands are as bad as everyone claims, might as well put a backup tackle out there.

Reaction score
For the Cowboys to draft Swaim, he must have generated UDFA interest (from other teams). The Cowboys wouldn't have been a particularly attractive destination to Swaim given the the three TEs currently on the roster. Parting with next year's 6th round choice isn't a big deal, particularly given the compensatory picks expected next year. Seems obvious that the Cowboys are looking at Swaim as a potential cost-saving replacement for Hanna, who is due a new contract at the end of the season. The trade and pick did come as a surprise, but it also makes sense.

Reaction score
Been reading up on the Purdue DE we took.

General consensus is he's an underachiever.

Whatsamatter... does he not love football?

Top Bottom