Reaction score
How about this, why doesn't Garrett lead the team to the SB and then see who gives him his due?

If you don’t give him credit now, why would you give him credit later? Only if the team fucks up, then those people will blame him. I don’t care either way, i am not a Garrett fan. I just think the logic behind it is retarded.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don’t give him credit now, why would you give him credit later? Only if the team fucks up, then those people will blame him. I don’t care either way, i am not a Garrett fan. I just think the logic behind it is retarded.

What should I give him credit for exactly? It was a good season. Could have been better but it also could have been much worse. I won't anoint him until I see more with a franchise QB.

Now can answer my question?

Let me ask you this and I'd like an honest answer. When's the last time you walked away from a game and thought to yourself, "damn, that Jason Garrett just outcoached so and so (insert opposing coach here)?"

Reaction score
So what? The Saints game was the 10th game of the season and we were 5 and 5 after that game. How is that any consolation or prove anything?

The point is that they were more focused on the running game. Not sure what other point you are wanting me to make.

And the GB debacle was after the Saints game and Garrett completely fucked the 2nd half. I may never see such a debacle in my lifetime.

Now you are changing the subject. Everyone knows Garrett has had issues with his game management although last season i think he was better. From what i remember about the GB game was that Romo made a costly sight adjustment.

Reaction score

Sorry, i didn’t know you demanded all your questions to be answered. I think you are looking for something that makes you go “wow!” I don’t think Garrett is that kind of coach. Listen to his press conferences, he doesn’t “wow!” you. It’s very process oriented. Players have to play hard and be consistent. I liked that he was aggressive in the Washington game (onside kick) and he went for it on 4th down against the Lions (the Witten play).

Let me ask you this question. When was the last time you thought the team quit playing hard for Garrett?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, i didn’t know you demanded all your questions to be answered. I think you are looking for something that makes you go “wow!” I don’t think Garrett is that kind of coach. Listen to his press conferences, he doesn’t “wow!” you. It’s very process oriented. Players have to play hard and be consistent. I liked that he was aggressive in the Washington game (onside kick) and he went for it on 4th down against the Lions (the Witten play).

Let me ask you this question. When was the last time you thought the team quit playing hard for Garrett?

Hey XXX, we're all fans and I don't want you to think I'm attacking your opinion. I respect it but I just don't agree with some of it. "Quitting" is a relative term and I'm not sure anyone can really qualify it. I think Spencer admitted he took plays off and quit, as did Ratlif.

You look at some coaches and think "wow!!!" Sean Payton comes to mind. There's no doubt he outschemed and outschooled BP when they played. Bellichick is a tactician on the D side of the ball. He's schemed for opponents and shut them down. Manning would have multiple rings if not for playing a BB coached team. These guys truly rebuilt their teams and give their fan's a consitent winner. It's tough to win a SB. But hey, can the coach at least give us a shot when he has a QB that will own every single passing record in team history. Just saying........

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You didn’t know Callahan called plays a season before? You didn’t know Murray had been injured his previous seasons? It wasn’t sudden, they actually ran better the season before after the Saints game. All this stuff has been talked about, but nobody listens.
Yeah and nobody listens to the fact that the run game has consistently produced a 4.7 to 5.2 average, the last eight years. Only problem was, not running the fucking ball nearly enough. Because Garrett doesn't want to run the ball.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
DING DING DING we have a winner. Been saying this for weeks.

The question now is, with Tony's back ostensibly better, do we return to previous philosophy and go away from 500 rushing attempts? Go back to 500+ dropback passes instead? Is this why they didn't feel the need to draft a RB?

I predicted they wouldn't take one early, and even allowed for a 4th rounder to count as "early." They picked exactly zero. Shocking everyone. Is it because as they say, they think they have a roster full of good backs? Or just that they don't plan on running it as much?

I'm still hoping for a miracle and AP is a cowboy. If not, I believe McFadden will surprise some people. We will miss Murray, no doubt. His ability to not loose yards on plays when nothing was working is invaluable. Ball control is a concern for me. Limiting the time our defense is on the field is critical and solid back end play is important. Pass happy teams will find the weak link.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm still hoping for a miracle and AP is a cowboy. If not, I believe McFadden will surprise some people. We will miss Murray, no doubt. His ability to not loose yards on plays when nothing was working is invaluable. Ball control is a concern for me. Limiting the time our defense is on the field is critical and solid back end play is important. Pass happy teams will find the weak link.
Yep we gotta keep moving the chains and eating clock, can't afford many 3 and outs, and need a good 3rd down conversion percentage to keep the opposing offense off the field as much as possible.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowboys are 17:1 to win the Super Bowl

That's incredible value...I think it was CMD that said he got dallas at 5:1...you got robbed

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What should I give him credit for exactly? It was a good season. Could have been better but it also could have been much worse. I won't anoint him until I see more with a franchise QB.

Romo's not a franchise QB?:awkward

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think he's saying Romo is a franchise QB, and Garrett has had one winning season with him.

Or if you want to go back to when he was OC, had two playoff wins in eight years.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he's saying Romo is a franchise QB, and Garrett has had one winning season with him.

Or if you want to go back to when he was OC, had two playoff wins in eight years.

Exactly. If we don't win a SB, I may never forgive the dolt for wasting away Romo's prime.

Reaction score
The point is that they were more focused on the running game. Not sure what other point you are wanting me to make.

Now you are changing the subject. Everyone knows Garrett has had issues with his game management although last season i think he was better. From what i remember about the GB game was that Romo made a costly sight adjustment.

At very critical times during that game, Romo didn't tell the leagues leading rusher, the fastest player on offense, the third leading receiver and the player responsible for more first downs than most of the players on the roster, to leave the field and go stand on the sidelines so they could run the all too familiar "empty backfield play". 3rd down and 2 in the second quarter and just needed a first down to at least get a FG and they throw to a short arm TWilly. Brilliant. Linehan or not, that is classic and recognizably pure Garrett stupidity.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At very critical times during that game, Romo didn't tell the leagues leading rusher, the fastest player on offense, the third leading receiver and the player responsible for more first downs than most of the players on the roster, to leave the field and go stand on the sidelines so they could run the all too familiar "empty backfield play". 3rd down and 2 in the second quarter and just needed a first down to at least get a FG and they throw to a short arm TWilly. Brilliant. Linehan or not, that is classic and recognizably pure Garrett stupidity.

What you describe is par for course with Garrett.

In the first Redskins' game against the Cowboys, Murray breaks off a 51 yard run to the Redskins' 6 yard line. He follows that up with a 3 yard run. It's 2nd and goal on the 3 yard line.

What does Garrett call in those situations? Two pass plays that result in incompletes, to which we then had to settle for FGs. Murray would have punched that in, and had he been allowed to... Cowboys would have won that game and not had to go to OT where they eventually lost, but even then they could have possibly won that game.

In OT, Murray breaks off an 8-yard run, and it's 2nd and 2. What does Garrett do? TAKES Murray out of the game, and calls three consecutive pass plays and incompletes, Cowboys lose.

Had the Cowboys won that game, they would have had the #1 seed instead of Seattle.

Bottomline this team achieved in spite of Garrett not because of him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's your point David because I'm not sure you have one. Shula had won multiple SB's before Marino and there's no question Coryell was an innovator who heavily influenced Fouts. Quick, name Fout's HC before Coryell? You can't. These coaches gave their QB their best chance to succeed, not wasted their prime years.

I liked Danny White and I won't fault Landry for White not winning the big one even though he went to 3 straight NFC Championship Games. But Garrett is neither an innovator nor an experienced coach at any level, unless a year or so as a QB coach qualifies him to be the heir apparent to the most storied franchise in all of sports with the possible exception of the Yankees.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and another thing. Why would my feelings about Garrett apply to coaches and teams I don't give two shits about?

Top Bottom