ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Really mid, Collins' signing affected public money on our Superbowl chances that much? That surprises me if only because it was a guard/tackle, and I wouldn't think the public would be swayed that much by that kind of rookie signing.

And to zero... I still think the pro game comes down mostly to the quarterback, and I'd take Romo over either of those guys. I like Palmer probably more than most, but still not as much as Tony. And I wouldn't trust Newton to beat anyone. Still think Seattle is due to drop off, much like the Niners did after their run. It's too mentally and physically draining when all those playoff games start adding up, plus when you have success players start leaving and egos get too big. I do give GB all the credit in the world and think Rodgers is the best QB in football, maybe by far.

Reaction score
Cowboys are a team that’s a pass rush away from getting to a Championship. The running game might be more explosive without Murray. Cowboys O-line will be able to take a few injuries with its depth. If they can become a 1st or 2nd seed, i like their chances.

Reaction score
I agree about the QBs, but I also think that luck/officiating plays a bigger role than most of us would care to believe. Also, the Cowboys very nearly dropped a playoff game to Matthew Stafford last year.

Anyway, I'd love to see the Cowboys and Romo win a Super Bowl. I really hope it happens.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Being real here...

When I look at our roster, I love our chances this year. Think this year is the year, because I think Romos decline is near.

When I look at our coach, I hate our chances. Bad coaches, regardless of talent, don't win Super Bowls.

Barry Switzer won a super bowl and he was as bad as it gets. Mike Tomlin and Brian Billick won super bowls too, and both of them are mediocre as hell.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The key to this whole equation is romo...he has to stay healthy and he has to avoid declining rapidly...

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The key to this whole equation is romo...he has to stay healthy and he has to avoid declining rapidly...

No doubt. That's the key to everything.

In fact, the title says "two years" but you could make that as long as Romo is well physically. Who knows, maybe that's four years -- which is possible with our OL and the way QBs are protected more than ever.

Reaction score
NFC competition the next 2-3 years is going to be GB, Seattle... I think Carolina and Arizona are threats. Sure I'd take our QB over all of them except GB, but those defenses are tough.

I wouldn't bet my mortgage on us winning a SB... probably ever. But I do like our chances, relatively speaking.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The running game might be more explosive without Murray.

Not sure how you can believe this. I was one of those guys that thought it was the OL and not Emmitt that was the strength of our running game and I was proven wrong. We're going down that same path again. Murray, coupled with Romo's injury, provided us with the opportunity to change our offensive philosophy which benefited both Romo and the defense. We don't have that this year. I do think overall we're a better team considering the additions/improvements on D but I have no confidence in Garrett whatsoever and I think he's still a coaching liability on gameday.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You fags are still crying about Garrett? When we have another winning record, and make the playoffs, will you still be whining?

Reaction score
Not sure how you can believe this. I was one of those guys that thought it was the OL and not Emmitt that was the strength of our running game and I was proven wrong.

Emmitt Smith played on another level in the playoffs. Murray came up small. I am not sure the Cowboys will be able to replace Murray’s leadership or what he was able to do catching the ball, but I do think Randle showed more explosiveness in the open field. He was able to pop 40, 50, 60 yard runs, something Murray was rarely able to do.

Murray, coupled with Romo's injury, provided us with the opportunity to change our offensive philosophy which benefited both Romo and the defense. We don't have that this year. I do think overall we're a better team considering the additions/improvements on D but I have no confidence in Garrett whatsoever and I think he's still a coaching liability on gameday.

I believe Garrett’s philosophy has always been to have a strong running game. Cowboys just didnt have the O-line to do it. I thought Garrett showed improvement last season. He has a great supporting cast and great players. I feel pretty good about next season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom