dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So how exactly is Henry doing again?

Has 158 yds and no TD's for the season and doesn't appear to be anywhere near close to beating out Demarco Murray (as many predicted he would easily do)

I think he'd have fared very well here, but he is not as good as Elliott is.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I admit I was for drafting Ramsey in the 1st and Henry in the 2nd

I also admit I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to talent evaluation, I just thought it was a better use of the two picks given all they hype about the O line

Loving Zeke though!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What would Hunter Henry look like in this offense? They passed on him for Jaylon Smith.

Reaction score
Buzz Sawyer 1987.

That was after he walked on the moon, right?

Elliott has been phenomenal. But maybe we can't realistically determine if the pick was justified until several years down the road.

I'm sure in 2012, Redskins fans would've absolutely said RG3 was worth everything they gave up for him.

Reaction score
Yeah... Even if Henry wasn't putting up Elliotts numbers (he wouldn't)... we'd still have a formidable running attack with Morris.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd still take that. I doubt our record would be any different at all right now.

I do. Elliott is the most dominant player on the team.

Ramsey has been ok, but our secondary has been "ok" as well. he wouldn't have made a difference in our record, but Elliott definitely has.

Reaction score
I don't know if I would've wanted Ramsey at four. I don't trust our ability to judge secondary talent anyways.

But he plays in Jacksonville - a team that basically never has the lead in a game, so idk if we can really judge how hes performing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't know if I would've wanted Ramsey at four. I don't trust our ability to judge secondary talent anyways.

But he plays in Jacksonville - a team that basically never has the lead in a game, so idk if we can really judge how hes performing.

Anyone else would have been a reach at 4. Buckner maybe but that's it. Buckner wouldn't have made a bigger difference than Ramsey much less Zeke.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Even Emmitt Smith never had four consecutive 130+ yard games as a Cowboy, that's how good Zeke's been.

And from 91-95 (especially 92-95) the Cowboys had what was considered one of the most dominant OL's in league history. And he had a HOF QB and HOF WR, both in their primes out there as well.

Elliott is doing what he is doing with a rookie 4th rd pick at QB and while the OL is considered the best (or close to the best) in the league now, remember that Lael Collins went down for the yr with an injury after a couple games and that all world LT Tyron Smith missed 2 1/2 games and hasn't been 100% all year either. The teams best WR has missed the last three of Zeke's 130+ yd games.

Elliott's talent and performance almost seem under appreciated by some here, like anyone could do what he's done or that his games are really no big deal.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For further perspective, not only did Emmitt Smith never have 4 consecutive 130+ yd games, but neither did Tony Dorsett, Demarco Murray or Herschel Walker. These 4 guys had the best seasons rushing in team history and are probably universally regarded as the best 4 RB's in our franchise's history as well. Walker might be debatable by some as top-4, but the other 3 are not.

I think Murray has the club record for most consecutive 100+ yard games with 8 (first 8 games of 2014 season, which I think may also be the NFL record for most consecutive 100+ yd games to start a season as well)

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Now Dickerson believes that Zeke can break his rookie rushing record.

He's making believers out of everyone...except for cmd's stubborn ass.

Top Bottom