Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Rpund 1

norm is saying he believes we want Brockers and he is a perfect fit.

says brockers is the guy the eagles also want and the team is worried philly jumps ahead of them for brockers.

if they do we will take Barron. Believes Dallas will NOT take decastro.

Brockers will be the pick and coleman will be released.

Round 2

Cowboys like harrison smith, Dallas doesnt believe he will get to him. Norm loves alameda tamu.....Dallas wont take him here because of taking brockers......norm also likes still.....but if we take brockers norm thinks we take a guard here....

Amini Silatolo....(sorry on Spelling) says drafting him puts pressure on costa to hold down a spot.

Norm says if peter konz gets to 45 we will take him but doesnt think he will be.

ROUND 3

CB trumaine johnson....but doesnt believe he gets there...so norm says....corner Casey hayward Vanderbilt.....lots of interception. Not a number 1 corner, eventual free safety. Play in the nickel or dime this year and then start at corner or fs next year.

Round 4
Wr, club needs two wr.....thinks we take ryan broles and likes Joe Adams, loves adams in the slot. Best return man in college football Joe Adams. Says we take one of these two.

marcus fortson? Miami....likes lb beckett, tackle arkansas...

likes tank carder

round 5

CB chris greenwood....alvion state....div 3 good size and speed

Round 6

Tight End george brian north carolina State....big 6"5 265...excellent reciever lost his qb in his senior year...showed himself as a terrific blocker......lots of td catches and plays special teams. Valuable in his role...solid second tight end in future.

so,
brockers, silatolo, trumaine johnson, adams or broyles, chris greenwood, brian

Reaction score
Agree 100% with everything Norman said about the 1st.

And yeah, I agree if we take DL in 1, we don't go DL in two, although we absolutely would be justified in doing so.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was listening and I don't think Norm's reasoning made much sense. Basically, he loves that Brockers is really big and a strong run player. He admits that he doesn't have any pass rush at all.

And how many 2-down 34 DEs are worth a top-15 pick? I can't even think of one.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was listening and I don't think Norm's reasoning made much sense. Basically, he loves that Brockers is really big and a strong run player. He admits that he doesn't have any pass rush at all.

And how many 2-down 34 DEs are worth a top-15 pick? I can't even think of one.

what is weird he said dont expect much from brockers via the pass rush, only about 4 sacks a year.....

so Im like, that is about what we get from spencer, if he can get 4 how is that bad?

now the bigger question.....how does he get 4 if he is stuck in the mud run stopper

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
what is weird he said dont expect much from brockers via the pass rush, only about 4 sacks a year.....

so Im like, that is about what we get from spencer, if he can get 4 how is that bad?

now the bigger question.....how does he get 4 if he is stuck in the mud run stopper

Ya, he wouldn't even be on the field for nickel downs. I'm sure it would be Ratliff, Hatcher, Ware, and Spencer. Even Lissemore would probably be ahead of this guy for pass rushing.

Teams don't take those type 34 DEs early because they just don't offer you enough. That's why the JJ Watts and Justin Smiths are so valuable, because they can do both. Just stopping the run doesn't mean that much anymore.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Update GOOSE gosselin on. These are his condescending thoughts to us morons. he already knows what is going to happen, but will just give us some info...

Goose will not be in ny this year.

he will be at valley ranch...

GM's are still calling him.....personnel directors.

on the cowboys, 20 first rounders and 5 blue chippers....it is a down draft. Draft goes down after 16 or 17...built around needs.

Cox is the best pass rusher in the draft.....barron and decastro will be there...brockers might be there...ingram could be there, upshaw also....not sure who will be there for Dallas. Does tannehill go top 10?

Will the draft be defensive?
goose has no problem with a defensive draft......giants show you big defenses win....cowboys have to upgrade the defense, ware is getting old....need 5 cover guys. we have 3 now. Goose wants quantity on defense.

have you come across player opinions that have suprised you.
The x factor in this draft is poe, unbelievable tools and measurables....he is like JPP two years ago...big hit or big bust.

On mock drafts with poe at 9 or at 25...
poe could be all over the board and there is always a slider.....last year I had prince in the 20s and he slid there.

what is your observation opinion on character flawed guys.
you dont want them, look at the rangers sans hamilton all character guys.....you just dont know. 4th is the character round...money is not big.....not in the 1st or 2nd...

dennard will be a 4th, would u take him.....yes. thats the round to take him if he falls. If you dont feel good about your corner....then you can do this...2nd round value in the 4th.

A new story on the saints....they have denied.
the gm listening in the coaches boothe could mean quite a bit. Nothing surprises us with new orleans now.

saints will get a big draft pick fine if its true.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After reading that, I really have no idea what Gosselin said.

Save for taking cancers in the 4th.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
After reading that, I really have no idea what Gosselin said.

Save for taking cancers in the 4th.

he didnt say anything....he just simply said You have to tell me who is available before I can tell you who they would take....then he rambled about how smart he is and how we need defensive help.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope I can keep my mythical streak of getting first round picks right. Since 2007 ~cracks knuckles~, perfect score for me.

My buddy Nick got the first 3 rounds right last year. Impressive.

Is somebody Making BBQ right now? I smeeeell it.

Reaction score
That is such a meh draft.

Also, I like how goose threw in another shot at Josh Hamilton while talking NFL draft.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That is such a meh draft.

Also, I like how goose threw in another shot at Josh Hamilton while talking NFL draft.

that is goose for ya, he is a first rate asshole.

He is the guy that stands over your shoulder and when the choices are vanilla or chocolate ice cream and you pick vanilla he lectures you on why chocolate was the better option......and why vanilla was if you pick chocolate......

i have a friend like this.....major pain in the ass.

Reaction score
ImanRoshi recap...

Norm projects Cowboys draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Round … They would love Fletcher Cox, he won’t be there. My pick would be Michael Brockers, a massive human being. 6’5” 322 lbs and makes a perfect 3-4 DE. A big strong ultra strong run stuffer. He’s not a QB pressure guy. He might be a 4-5 sack a year guy, but a monster physical presence. The trouble is that’s who Philly wants also, and they’re one spot behind and they’re an aggressive football team. It’s conceivable they could jump just ahead of the Cowboys. Then your fallback is Barron. I would not pass on DeCastro, but Brockers is not a bad player and a good prospect at a big need. They have Lissemore and Brent as backup caliber players. They don’t have even have a good player on the defensive line as a starter. If they draft Brockers they can release Kenyon Coleman and his $2 million salary and make cap room.

2nd Round .. I don’t think Harrison Smith makes it. I would love to have him in the lockerroom. He’s just a football player. Speaking to other teams, he’s a great guy and a guy other players in the lockerroom get to for advice. I love the nosetackle Ta’amu, but they won’t go DL with back to back after taking Brockers. Same with Devon Still. I’m taking guard Amani Silatolu. I move Bernadeaux to center to compete with Costa. I hear Peter Konz is sliding into the 2nd round. If he’s there, Yahoo. I’ll say he won’t be.

3rd Round .. The run for cornerbacks start in this round. My preference is Trumain Johnson from Montana, but I don’t think he makes it to the Cowboys pick. So my pick with be Casey Hayward. He intercepts the ball, Lord Almighty can you imagine such a thing? He had 15 picks at Vandy and wasn’t playing against WRs that use a walker and cane. He may not be a #1 CB, but he might could play FS. Many peole think that will be his ultimate position. So he plays nickel and dime right away as a rookie, then next year plays #2 CB or move him to FS.

4th Round .. This is my opinion, but I don’t think the Cowboys understand what they lost in Laurant Robinson. He was Romo’s go to receiver by the end of the year. Dez Bryant was the 4th option by the end of the year. He looked for Robinson, Witten and Austin before Bryant when it comes to reliability. For the most WR ready guy you go with Broyles. Broyles will be fine to work out by training camp. Also the tiny slot WR out of Arkansas Joe Adams. He’ll never be a #1 WR, he’s too small. But he could make a tremendous slot WR. He can also return kicks. He’s not as fast as you would think a little guy would be, but he’s slippery. They may pick WR later in the 4th, because they may feel there is a grouping of closely related WRs and that the value is at another position. The other 4th round pick was the hardest for me to project. I’m going Marcus Forston out of Miami as a DL. He declared early and was hurt last year. If he had stayed healthy and stayed another year he would have been a higher pick. I like Jeff Allen, but he won’t be there. Why an OT? I’m not sure on Jeremy Parnell as a backup tackle. I’ll give you one local name, ILB Tank Carder. He only fits inside in a 3-4, and will slide because 4-3 teams will pass on him.

5th round … Another CB. Why another CB? Does this club intend to give Jenkins a big contract extension after signing Carr and Scandrick longterm? Do they put 125 million into one position? Hayward might be a safety next season. I go to Chris Greenwood from Albion State in Div. III. He’s got good speed and size, but raw as just killed meat.

6th Round … 2nd TE. I really like George Bryan from NC State. Big TE, 6’5 265. Excellent receiver early in his career, his Senior Year his QB left and he played with a bad QB and he was relegated to a blocker. He caught 17 TDs in college. And he plays all special teams teams. I think this is a value when you put him in a specific role. He may never be a star TE, but I think he can be a solid backup TE.

Top Bottom