LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I were Jerry this is one free agent I would pursue.

Imagine him wearing the star.

If Haynesworth got a $100 million, what do you think Asomugha will command? We need to leave these big-name high-priced free agents alone. We need to ditch this Madden Xbox mentality.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know if we don't go after him a team like Washington will.

Let them. That is a dumb way to conduct free agency or any other approach to go get some player because youa re afraid another team will. The guy is 30. We need to get younger. His best years are not in front of him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First, Parcells didn't want Newman. He wanted Kevin Williams. Nobody had Asomugha projected that high. Asante Samuel could have been had too in the first three rounds. Nobody had him that high.

Where's your proof on this? But hey! Parcells also wanted Spears.

Cythim

Reaction score
But Manning didn't really beat the pass rush. 16 total points. An offense can't live on the short passing game.

No corner can shut down half the field. That's the old Deion label that was never true. Even if you don't want to throw at that corner, run him deep, run some underneath route to the side he vacated and you have the entire field open once again. You can scheme around throwing at a CB if that's your worry.

And Nnamdi is no Deion. People keep calling him the best in the league. I think Revis might disagree with you.

Manning beat the pass rush but could not throw to Wayne because Revis had him shut down. When you take away his favorite weapon he is limited on what he can accomplish. The pass rush helped Revis by forcing Manning into quick throws but Revis helped the team win by taking away his favorite target.

I completely agree that we need to fix our pass rush, but we should not overlook the importance of a player like Asomugha and the impact he can have in winning a championship.

Cythim

Reaction score
Here is how I see it: If it comes down to paying Asomugha $90M for 5 years or moving to get Peterson and signing him at $50M for 5 years I am putting my money on the guy who I know can come in here and perform. Our secondary needs help in a bad way.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is how I see it: If it comes down to paying Asomugha $90M for 5 years or moving to get Peterson and signing him at $50M for 5 years I am putting my money on the guy who I know can come in here and perform. Our secondary needs help in a bad way.

WOW! Last year's #9 pick, C.J. Spiller signed a contract for 5 years and $25 million. You are suggesting that Peterson's contract if selected at #9 would be double the amount for the same year? You seem to be forgetting that there will more than likely be a rookie cap in place once a CBA is reached. I don't want Nnamdi for no 5 years and $90 million. Period. I'll take Peterson.

Cythim

Reaction score
WOW! Last year's #9 pick, C.J. Spiller signed a contract for 5 years and $25 million. You are suggesting that Peterson's contract if selected at #9 would be double the amount for the same year? You seem to be forgetting that there will more than likely be a rookie cap in place once a CBA is reached. I don't want Nnamdi for no 5 years and $90 million. Period. I'll take Peterson.
Haden, a CB, was selected #7 and signed $50M for 5 years. I clearly said move up because Peterson will not be there at #9, and as of right now there is no rookie pay scale.

Reaction score
Remember when we ignored the last great CB out of Oakland. Charles Woodson.

I'd say we go after him. We gotta spend that money we will be freeing up on somebody and our secondary is in shambles.

As far as the Skin's, they have a bunch of money tied into their secondary so we won't be bidding against them.

Their secondary isn't really the problem so Shanny won't spend there.

sbk92

Reaction score
Where's your proof on this? But hey! Parcells also wanted Spears.

There were various articles written at the time on it.

I don't need to provide you proof of something 7 years ago. I can only tell you the truth. It's up to you whether to accept it or continue to march on down that ****** path.

sbk92

Reaction score
Manning beat the pass rush but could not throw to Wayne because Revis had him shut down. When you take away his favorite weapon he is limited on what he can accomplish. The pass rush helped Revis by forcing Manning into quick throws but Revis helped the team win by taking away his favorite target.

I completely agree that we need to fix our pass rush, but we should not overlook the importance of a player like Asomugha and the impact he can have in winning a championship.

They didn't take away Wayne with one player. The Jets were playing with extra defensive backs. More so than any game this year. The Colts lacked the run game to make them pay for it.

sbk92

Reaction score

If I was left with that horrrible choice I'd take the young player.

I wouldn't pay the 30 year old CB half that much.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There were various articles written at the time on it.

I don't need to provide you proof of something 7 years ago. I can only tell you the truth. It's up to you whether to accept it or continue to march on down that ****** path.

Sure you do. Because I think you are pulling that crap out of your ass like you often do. WHERE'S THE PROOF? Like you expect people to just take your word for it? I'm not going to accept it on your say so. If what you say is true, then you should be able to provide proof upon demand. So once more---WHERE'S THE PROOF?

sbk92

Reaction score
Sure you do. Because I think you are pulling that crap out of your ass like you often do. WHERE'S THE PROOF? Like you expect people to just take your word for it? I'm not going to accept it on your say so. If what you say is true, then you should be able to provide proof upon demand. So once more---WHERE'S THE PROOF?

Yes. I've saved articles from 7 years ago.

Show me proof I'm wrong.

Wait. SHOW ME PROOF I'm wrong.

sbk92

Reaction score
According to STATS LLC, Asomugha was targeted on just 33 pass attempts this season. He allowed 13 completions for 205 yards and no touchdowns, burnishing his reputation as a shutdown cornerback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak3b5MNCQT9YTYTev7vs52hDubYF?slug=ap-raiders-asomugha

Doesn't mean anything to me. The Raiders were one of the worst run defenses in football and teams made their living that way against their defense.

Adding Nnamdi to this defense does nothing to fix it. If you don't harrass the QB, you lose. Every time.

Top Bottom