ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How about 2008 Brad Johnson who couldn't throw the ball 10 yards past the LOS?

Anyway, I couldn't hear the sound very well yesterday. Was there much discussion as to why we didn't just kick the FG instead of going for that 4th down in the first place? I thought we should make it a 1-point game, then hopefully make another FG later to win it. Our O was so out of sync, I didn't think it was very likely we made it all the way to the endzone anyway.

Defense was pretty good, I thought. Or Arizona was just off. The whole first half seemed sleepy on both sides. Just poor execution -- AZ had all those bad drops.

I think with Weeden we should try to spread the field, put him in shotgun, and let him make easy reads, just like in college. But hopefully he doesn't play anyway.

Anyone else shocked Peterson didn't even get close to scoring on that kick block? Thought he had elite speed but he never even got close even after catching that ball with no one around him. And what's wrong with our special teams anyway? That was about the easiest blocked FG in history.

Reaction score
Cowboys are not playing good football right now. Weeden was so bad i would send him packing ASAP. He doesnt belong in the NFL. Id cut Randle. Team chemistry is suffering. They all looked flat against a very good Cardinal team. Dez played probably his worst game. Jags are under rated. Their front 7 is very good. I am betting all my v-cash on the Jags. Cowboys already planning their bye week vacations.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is there any question as to who makes this offense tick?

Best offensive line in football?
Murray?

Nope. It's the QB.
Except, up until yesterday we would get essentially the same performances out of the backups. 300 yard games, and so on.

The difference yesterday was the terrible offensive game plan, which seemed to be "safe mode" rather than attack mode.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
stupid fucking Jerry said Randle's spot on team "not in any jeopardy" and that he'd be on the flight to London

He's doing his oil mogul buddy Boone Pickens a solid by keeping the Ok State trio together. Can't disturb the chemistry ya know.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Any update on McClain or Crawford?

McClain seems to be fine, but Broaddus is reporting an MCL sprain with Crawford. Could be out a month. Could just be through the bye. I can't imagine he comes back before the bye.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Any update on McClain or Crawford?

Thought I read Crawford was confirmed with sprained MCL, the hope is for him to be ready at NYG after the bye. Might be more like at Chicago two weeks later though.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why cant I? Weeden WAS that bad.

We scored fewer points and had far fewer yards than the Cards normally give up, what other adjustments were they going to make?

The QB gave up at least 3 on the first pick (and maybe 7, Beasley was wide open over the middle on what would have been an easier throw) then gave them 7 pts late in the game with another horrible pick.

I guess we could have trotted out someone like Brad Johnson or (insert some other massive failure as a backup) but if we would have had someone like Orton we'd have won that game.

The Cards had a bunch of dropped pases that helped us out. At the end of the day, we were coming off a horrible showing against the Skins with our starting QB so to say that we would have beat the Cards with anyone else is presumptuous, at best. The Cards stacked the box to stop the run from the first play of the game. This is going to be how teams play us from this point forward until we can show that the coaches can adjust and we can beat the pressure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Cards had a bunch of dropped pases that helped us out. At the end of the day, we were coming off a horrible showing against the Skins with our starting QB so to say that we would have beat the Cards with anyone else is presumptuous, at best. The Cards stacked the box to stop the run from the first play of the game. This is going to be how teams play us from this point forward until we can show that the coaches can adjust and we can beat the pressure.

First off, we dropped some passes too. Secondly, the Cards receivers made up for some of those drops by making some unbelievable plays. It evens out.

As for stacking the box, that's fine as long as the QB can play at a competent level, which Weeden clearly didn't. He missed throws and reads badly. Romo (other than the Wash game) has been pretty sensational since the first game of the season. The Cards got nowhere near the pressure on Weeden that the Redskins did on Romo, and if Romo had that sort of protection he'd have picked the Cards apart.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Indy playcalling so far tonight in first half.

27 passes. 4 runs.

And the QB has 1 of the 4 runs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Giants getting rolled tonight. Their next two games are at Seattle and home vs San Fran, decent chance they lose both of those and will be 3-7 going into the game against us. Their season would essentially be over.

Maybe they'll lay down for us that night.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They're dismal looking. Wouldn't be surprised to see Coughlin retire or get fired after this.

Top Bottom