Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
What picture are you looking at?

A still from his crow hop.

I've watched the throw 10-15 times. He didn't put anything on it and still threw it 55 yards or so. He didn't need to do anything but loft it up.

The whole motion looked sound to me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
threw it 55 yards or so.
Entire play covered 68 yards, and Bryant caught the ball at the Rams 20. Tony was standing on his own 35 when he threw, the ball therefore sailed 45 yards in the air.

Here is the moment the ball left his hand. Look at his posture, look at his feet. He is throwing off his back foot and leaning away from the throw.

backfoot.jpg

Let's not start trying to pretend his back is okay. It's not and it is affecting his mechanics. And of course it does - lower disk surgery is a major thing and affects everything you do.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is the moment the ball left his hand. Look at his posture, look at his feet. He is throwing off his back foot and leaning away from the throw.

In that picture? It looks like his back foot is up so not really sure what you are seeing ??

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In that picture? It looks like his back foot is up so not really sure what you are seeing ??
The foot didn't come up until after the ball left his hand.

And he is leaning away from the throw.

Hopefully bbgun will come up with a better shot of this.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Entire play covered 68 yards, and Bryant caught the ball at the Rams 20. Tony was standing on his own 35 when he threw, the ball therefore sailed 45 yards in the air.

View attachment 2507

Let's not start trying to pretend his back is okay. It's not and it is affecting his mechanics. And of course it does - lower disk surgery is a major thing and affects everything you do.

If he's standing on his own 35 when he throws it, I'll suck your dick.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The foot didn't come up until after the ball left his hand.

And he is leaning away from the throw.

Hopefully bbgun will come up with a better shot of this.

His left (forward) foot is planted on the ground. How did it get there so quickly if he threw off his "back foot"?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
nfl_2014_09_21_cowboys_vs_rams_720p_hdtv_x264_ba.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
His left (forward) foot is planted on the ground. How did it get there so quickly if he threw off his "back foot"?
Leaning backwards on the back foot is the definition of "throwing off his back foot." He should be straight up or leaning slightly forward on the throw.

He is using mostly his arm, I believe due to his back problems.

He is getting better very quickly though, which combined with the bad decisions in earlier games and poor performance generally in those games, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on some pain meds of some kind the first two games.

I think he might well be in the other side of it now, improving and re-learning quickly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That non called holding call is much more obvious in those stills.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That non called holding call is much more obvious in those stills.

Yeah it was one of the dozen Fisher baby said the refs missed on Dallas

But no holding calls, tripping calls or push offs were missed on the Rams at all.

Reaction score
Leaning backwards on the back foot is the definition of "throwing off his back foot." He should be straight up or leaning slightly forward on the throw.

He is using mostly his arm, I believe due to his back problems.
Throwing off his back foot would cause his forward foot to be lifted or off the ground. His back foot has the toe pointed to the ground and heel up. That's the definition of throwing off your front foot.

Top Bottom