JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Damn. I forgot Spencer was even on the team. Romo contract and Spencer money pissed down the drain.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
TE hasn't checked in yet. Guess he is devastated about Jeff Fisher and his Lambs

House-Sad-Head-Nod.gif

Reaction score
Why'd we have so many negative run plays?

I suppose the rams have a very quick dline and shot some
Gaps but our oline really should be top 3 considering the investment.

I want to see more functionality in the offense not so many janky plays

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I blame the OL, if they pick up their blocks, we get positive yardage. Yea, the RB needs to do his part to but makes it easier on the RB with good blocking. Same can be said for the pass blocking.

Rams have a good DL so that has to be factored in as well. The play action yesterday especially on that Dez TD slowed the Rams pass rush down a little.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I blame the OL, if they pick up their blocks, we get positive yardage. Yea, the RB needs to do his part to but makes it easier on the RB with good blocking. Same can be said for the pass blocking.
Of course that's true but the real world deal is, if the hole isn't there they typically just run up the ass of a lineman, making for a sloppy looking short gain or negative play. Or they stop, wondering what to do and get tackled for a loss. The nifty back has the vision to see the hole isn't there and make much quicker adjustment than we see from this bunch.

It's the difference between a Hershel Walker and a Emmitt Smith. Both very goods backs, only one of them nifty.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why'd we have so many negative run plays?

I suppose the rams have a very quick dline and shot some
Gaps but our oline really should be top 3 considering the investment.

I want to see more functionality in the offense not so many janky plays

The Rams watched their own first two games, then watched ours. They loaded the box for most of the game and really did a good job taking the outside stretch plays away.

Doing that though left them vulnerable to the pass, and Romo had his best game so far this yr.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
OLB Keith Smith was released, I would assume he'll move back the PS if he clears waivers.

No announcement on who fills his roster spot. With the problems rushing the passer though, I wonder if signing Boatwright or Sam to the 53 is gonna happen. Guess its also possible they don't fill it this week, then use the spot for Jakar Hamilton after the Saints game.

Also appears Spencer is set to play Sunday vs Aints.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So, that pussy Jeff Fisher was crying (literally) about "refs missed a dozen offensive holding calls on Dallas"

Somebody asked me one time why I hate this guy so much, aside from being massively overrated as a HC, its stuff like this.

I'm sure he saw absolutely nothing wrong with the tripping call they missed that would have negated the fumble Murray had (that his team took advantage of, taking almost certain pts away from us, and they took the ball and score 7). I'm sure he was ok with his mediocre OL getting away with all the holding they did. And I'm quite certain when the refs allowed the Ram WR to get away with that push off on the long TD Claiborne gave up, that was hunky sory for him too.

This guy is a 100% dickweed

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What a great screengrab BBgun! Look at how tony is standing - clearly trying to use his legs and arm only in the throwing motion there, throwing off that back foot and leaning away from the throw. Poor Dez, looking back wondering if he should start slowing down now, or wait to see the duck coming first.

Top Bottom