Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jason Garrett may want to pay attention to the route Pete Carroll took to get to where he is now. Overmatched his 1st go around as head coach, goes to the college ranks for a few years, and then comes back like gangbusters.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Playoffs look like a lock

all they have to do is go 4-0 in the dreaded month of December and finish 8-0 on the road

piece of cake

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Playoffs look like a lock

all they have to do is go 4-0 in the dreaded month of December and finish 8-0 on the road

piece of cake

I understand( it's a god damn freak show), but, how the fuck can they be so terrible at home? The way they play on the road, I have to hand it to them, they play great away. Impressive even.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett has had to be surrounded by former head coaches. He has his defensive coordinator in Marinelli, his run game coordinator in Callahan, and a passing game coordinator and designated play caller in Linehan. So all we have to do his hire another former head coach and put him in charge of home games.

Reaction score
Watching the Pats and Chargers game and seeing what a dominating TE can do. I don't understand still why Jason doesn't play to the strengths that the offense naturally has in Witten, Escobar's height and Hanna's speed. I mean, I do know that he is intent on his offense appearing like it's working so he has to keep the TEs in so that the WRs can run downfield in tandem with their coverage. But in the Eagles game, the 3-4 is vulnerable or not as effective with a pass rush if the OLBs have to cover the TEs. Hanna is faster than most LBs and Escobar is taller and can post up a la Martellus Bennett. In the Thanskgiving game, there was such a flavor of thoughtless vanilla to the offense it seemed like there was almost zero game planning against the Philly defense and more just lining up making decisions in the play, hoping for the best.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of Hannah, has there even been any talk about why he's playing so much? Looks lke he's in there a lot, and we know it's not because he's getting a lot of passes. I know he's an improved as a blocker, but he was still an undersized speed guy coming out, not a blocker. Pretty sad he's starting games ahead of our second rounder.

Reaction score
Speaking of Hannah, has there even been any talk about why he's playing so much? Looks lke he's in there a lot, and we know it's not because he's getting a lot of passes. I know he's an improved as a blocker, but he was still an undersized speed guy coming out, not a blocker. Pretty sad he's starting games ahead of our second rounder.

It's sad yes but it's one of those familiar situations where if Hanna were on a team like the Eagles, Patriots, Chiefs or Steelers, they would find a way to use his speed and the resulting mismatch. Instead he is just a blocker.

Fastest 40 Yard Dash - Freelap USA

James Hanna vs. Oklahoma St. (2010) - YouTube

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'd love to see Atlanta just stomp the asses of Green Bay tonight. Know it won't happen but can always hope.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The 2nd rounder could really help the offense, and he is hardly used.

Love Witten, but at this stage of his career he is not the receiving threat Escobar is. Witten would probably be relegated to 2nd TE duties on most other well coached/well run organizations.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not gunna lie, I checked by wife's phone contacts for a "spray tan" earlier.

Reaction score
Look at the YouTube highlight of. Hanna. On the second play of the highlight, count how many seconds happen from the snap to the release into the throw. Now look at how far downfield Hanna is. This is why Hanna should be used as a receiver!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Look at the YouTube highlight of. Hanna. On the second play of the highlight, count how many seconds happen from the snap to the release into the throw. Now look at how far downfield Hanna is. This is why Hanna should be used as a receiver!
Yeah he's got real "football speed." Runs faster in game play than against the stopwatch.

Top Bottom