dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice win, could have been more lopsided with a little more focus there in the 4th qtr. But it was a badly needed win and now they can go into the bye on a high note.

Please, nobody attempt here try to explain why Bernadeau and Parnell are just as good as Leary and Free. Any such effort should result in immediate stupidity banning. There's a pretty significant difference between them and it showed yesterday. Jacksonville isn't a good team but their front 7 has gotten pretty consistent pressure on other teams QB's this yr, and they ran high in sacks. They only got close to Romo a couple times and had only one sack.

Other than couple of misfires downfield, Romo looked pretty good. Had he played vs Arizona, we'd have won and might have won easily. With two weeks till next game, he should hopefully be close to 100% by then.

Refs yesterday were 100% garbage and 100% biased. (Put a sock in it BB, I already know what you are going to say and I don't care)

Almost everyone bemoaned this Anthony Hitchens pick, but he is turning into a pretty good player who seems to have some legit upside. I think they were crediting Eberflus and some scout for getting up on the table over this guy, and he is turning into a nice pick. Looks like a future starter at one of those LB positions, and when McClain is 100% and back at MLB will be interesting to see if Hitchens replaces Carter or Wilbur as a starter at OLB.

One of these fucking years, this coaching staff will figure out that Gavin Escobar REALLY is a pretty good receiving TE, and start using him more.

Totally dominant performance by Dez in 2nd qtr. Took over game.

The not so special teams continue to fuck up every week. Another blocked FG and also a holding call that gave away 2pts. Of all the things that have happened this yr, the fact that the special teams has turned into a a load of cowshit (other than Bailey) is one of the most surprising to me.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Hitchens is legit.
Carter sucks monkey nuts.
Harris can go somewhere else.
Romo seems to be back.
Murray had terrible footing, but still did okay.
The OL absolutely has to stay healthy.
Escobust is still on the team.
Dez is a beast.
Is Terrence Williams still on the team?
Melton is killing it.
Scandrick is easily our best DB.
Carr is the worst.
Moore got exposed a little bit.
Jerry can DIAF.

/synopsis

Reaction score
Beasley told a Cowboys fan to "eat a dick" on twitter after the fan called him out on fumbling.

:lol

Reaction score
this coaching staff will figure out that Gavin Escobar REALLY is a pretty good receiving TE, and start using him more.
It looked to me that Romo threw the ball behind Escobar a bit, but Escobar came up with the nice catch anyway. Had Romo led him a bit, could have been a longer gain.

Yeah, and Hitchens made several plays yesterday. Not bad.

Reaction score
lining up in the shotgun at the 2 The stupidity never stops

They scored but why does this coaching staff refuse to run the ball when on the goal line. It borders on the insane their approach to this scenario time and time again.

I missed that early touchdown and just now read this. So they went shotgun at the 2? Tell me it wasn't an empty backfield.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They scored but why does this coaching staff refuse to run the ball when on the goal line. It borders on the insane their approach to this scenario time and time again.
The Squealers tried it twice from the one... Losing 16 yards overall in the process. Squealer fans are screaming, "PASS in that situation!"

Reaction score
I think what i took away from the game was how bad the Jags are. Bortles doesnt impress me. Jags coaching staff must be on crack...30 seconds in the half and you cover Dez one on one.

Cowboys o-line dominated the game. Randle took advantage of the huge holes they were opening up. Love Murray but guy doesnt have break away speed.

Beasley is trailer trash. Fumbles his only catch of the game. Gets on twitter and trashes fans for being critical.

Garrett has no feel for the game. He left Romo in a series too long. Everyone can feel the flow of the game and knew when it was time...but him!

It was a much needed win by the Cowboys. Now time to rest up and come out and finish strong.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think what i took away from the game was how bad the Jags are. Bortles doesnt impress me. Jags coaching staff must be on crack...30 seconds in the half and you cover Dez one on one.
Yep, they were horrendous. Haven't seen a team that hapless since the Locker-led Titans Week Two.

What barnburners those two division games must be.

And ha, I noticed that, too, bb. Jags fans were probably mad about that, and rightfully so. Still weird to me when I see refs interacting with players like that.

And what did dbair think was one-sided about the officiating anyway? That game was like Alabama vs. UAB or something.

Reaction score
I missed that early touchdown and just now read this. So they went shotgun at the 2? Tell me it wasn't an empty backfield.
Oh yeah, empty backfield on 3rd and goal from the 2. No threat of the run. Romo had to roll to the right to buy time because the Jags dropped 7 in coverage.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, empty backfield on 3rd and goal from the 2. No threat of the run.
No threat of a run and no motion either.... Nothing to bollix the defense up. The play "worked" because it devolved into sandlot almost immediately.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah, empty backfield on 3rd and goal from the 2. No threat of the run. Romo had to roll to the right to buy time because the Jags dropped 7 in coverage.

And they went shotgun on 2nd and goal as well (and passed). We got away with it against the Jags. Good teams will make us pay for our stupidity sooner or later.

Top Bottom