Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
‏@ProFootballTalk·4 hrs
Giants co-owner calls Michael Sam a "courageous man" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9pqu

-------------

He's courageous for taking dicks up his shitter?

Courageous?

Well what fucking adjective would you use to describe those that stormed the beaches of Normandy, you fucking fuck?

That's still hella more courageous than the umpteenth movie star to come out as being gay.

It's not like coming out among a bunch of other fags. The NFL and football players in general are downright hostile towards gays.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It does take courage to admit you're gay and you're about to be drafted into the NFL.

There's different levels of courage that are understood. Storming beaches while soldiers to your left and right are getting cut in half by bullets and rockets is on a different level.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There's different types and level of courage.

This is like saying a woman who stands up to her abusive spouse doesn't really have courage because soldiers have real courage.

This kid has courage and class. He could have waited until he was drafted and forced a team to deal with it after the fact.

You guys are going to make me let superpunk back here with all of your old man biases. This isn't really as big an issue with younger players. I realize there is still going to be comments and opinions but for the most part, young people around Sam's age don't care about this is much as you do.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Real courage is coming out in a country that stones homosexuals to death, not a Western country where the left-wing MSM has your back and the President and his wife send you nauseating messages of unconditional support.

Reaction score
Yeah, your abused wife standing up to her husband thing falls short. That takes courage because she faces real phyiscal harm.

Coming out - in a day and age of political correctness, where diversity, tolerace, acceptance, etc are all key words.... that doesn't take courage IMO.

The player literally faces zero risk with this move.

There is nothing courageous about admitting to being a homosexual in 2014.

Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious he's going to be a target of more and harsher slurs than he would if he were just a gay man working in a cubicle, just because of the nature of the sport that he plays. It's more courageous than a golfer or tennis player coming out. But yeah, less courageous than actually putting your life on the line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Honest opinion- we draft Sam in the 3rd or 4th round and what are you thinking?

Top Bottom