Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love it when we score a TD early in the game and Garrett waves his index finger at the ST unit telling them to go for 1. L-E-A-D-E-R.....

No shit fucknuts.......

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nice play by Wilson. Nobody blocked him, but he showed some good quickness there.

Phenom Lucky Whitehead with the fumble.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Great 3rd and short stuff in backfield by 4th rd pick Wilson

Force punt, nice return and rookie fumbles the damn ball back to SD

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Backup defense needs a lot of work on tackling. The backup safeties of Heath/McCray are God awful

Special teams have been pretty bad.

I'm not sure who is playing C now but whoever it is cannot shotgun snap worth a shit, every one of them is slow and late getting back. Messing up timing of quite a few plays. I think its that Ronald Patrick kid but not sure. If its Bernadeau he needs SERIOUS work on it.

So far I'd say two best rookies are Wilson and Collins

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Any pass rush?

Not much. Jack Crawford had a nice sack/forced fumble and Gregory had one play where he blew by his guy (QB threw it away) but backups haven't done a lot of pressure pocket enough.

The run defense on last series was just putrid. prior to that it had been good. We handled Melvin Gordon pretty well.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure who is playing C now but whoever it is cannot shotgun snap worth a shit, every one of them is slow and late getting back.

noticed that too. by the time he gets the ball, a DE is coming around the corner.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Weems might be ok backing up at RT, but he has had some issues at LT and got beat badly for one sack by a rookie.

Byron Jones moves around really well but he did give up a couple completions.

Gus Johnson runs hard, but not sure he'd scare anyone if he were THE guy at RB.

The Lucky Whitehead kid has obvious quickness and some speed, but he cant fumble the ball like he did earlier.

Vaughan threw the ball really well in first half. Street and Escobar looked good too.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
First half observations.

Liked: Pass defense - not allowing much if any run after catch. Contesting catches.

Like: Whitehead's speed and moves. Protect the football though, kid.

Hated: Run defense - nonexistent.

Hated: special teams coverage - abysmal.

Hated: Backup and 3rd team o-line really sucks. Big dropoff from the starters, indicates lack of depth.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
First half observations.

Liked: Pass defense - not allowing much if any run after catch. Contesting catches.

Like: Whitehead's speed and moves. Protect the football though, kid.

Hated: Run defense - nonexistent.

Hated: special teams coverage - abysmal.

Hated: Backup and 3rd team o-line really sucks. Big dropoff from the starters, indicates lack of depth.

Agreed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Vaughan not getting much help now. Bad dropped pass for easy first down there.

Backup OL is not looking very good. Weems got turnstiled again for what should have been another sack.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another bad series by backup/scrubs on OL, giving up another sack easily. They really need to get Vaughan out of there, he has no help at this point.

And another long return given up by special teams

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good series by D there. Sacks by Lavar Edwards and Gregory and a near pick 6 by backup LB

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just turned it on to see Gregory's sack. Nice movement.

Did Collins play at all?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the absolute #1 concern they will have after looking at this game is the backup OL. Weems was just a disaster and it was Bernadeau who had all the poor shotgun snaps after the initial series. Maybe that's something they can fix with practice but the vast majority of them were poor.

If Chaz Green is gone for the yr (or onto PUP to start season) then it seems likely to me the scouts are going to be looking for another backup swing T. Backup C could also be a concern as well.

Top Bottom