MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Its a low tender for restricted free agent safety Jeff Heath. #Cowboys

Clarence Hill

The Cowboys may actually need to add draft picks just to get someone to take his sorry ass off the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eagles apparently trading Murray to Titans

Also trading Maxwell and Alonso to Fish

Purging roster of many of genius Chip's moves

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eagles apparently trading Murray to Titans

Also trading Maxwell and Alonso to Fish

Purging roster of many of genius Chip's moves

They're also trying to trade Ryan Matthews.

The Titans would be really smart to sign Ronald Leary.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The terms of Murrays deal have not been released yet. I'm curious to see what it turns out to be. The did say that DM agreed to restructure to make the deal happen

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised that Jerry hasn't made a splash in free agency yet! I expected him to have a deal blow up by this time

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus saying he is hearing that Kellen Moore as backup might be the plan

Oh goodie

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think they were ever really interested in him. He doesn't fit here.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised that Jerry hasn't made a splash in free agency yet! I expected him to have a deal blow up by this time

I'm not surprised at all. Stephen has been in charge of free agency for a couple years now. He said a couple weeks ago that he doesn't believe in spending big money on other peoples free agents. I believe once Mario Williams said he wanted $10 mil a year he priced himself out of the Cowboys market. They will look for bargains like they thought they had with Hardy last year. They might sign a couple guys late in FA for special teams or backup roles but the days of signing Deion Sanders or any other FA to a record breaking contract are over.

That's why the fact that they expect Kellen Moore back as Romo's primary backup doesn't surprise me either.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They thought 1 year $11.3M was a bargain?

No wonder we suck.

Not that these jackasses will ever figure it out but you know damn well in the past they would have signed Hardy to a 4-5 year deal with shit loads of guaranteed money backing them into a corner for years.

At least they are not locked into him anymore (so far)

I think they need to start structuring contracts so they can burn off most of the guaranteed money in the 1st two years of the contract and then refuse to restructure and kick the can down the road. If they can find a way to do this, it will give them leverage and flexibility in the 3rd year of the contract as well as every remaining year of the contract. It sucks being stuck with a player like Carr because they have trapped themselves with how they structured a players contract.

Top Bottom