Week 14 matchups

Cowboys @ Bears
Seahawks @ Eagles
Bucs @ Lions
Panthers @ Saints
Chiefs @ Cardinals
Falcons @ Packers

Reaction score
I feel like San Fran losing today basically guarantees us a wildcard spot.

Right? I mean, basically just three teams battling for two spots.

Even if we lose to Philly and Indy, 10-6 ought to get us in.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I feel like San Fran losing today basically guarantees us a wildcard spot.

Right? I mean, basically just three teams battling for two spots.

Even if we lose to Philly and Indy, 10-6 ought to get us in.

No, because Seattle won, it's still a 3-way tie between Dallas, Detroit and Seattle. We really need Seattle and Detroit to lose a couple over the last 3 games. If we end in a 3-way tie with those two, we are out. SF losing has little consequence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No, because Seattle won, it's still a 3-way tie between Dallas, Detroit and Seattle. We really need Seattle and Detroit to lose a couple over the last 3 games. If we end in a 3-way tie with those two, we are out. SF losing has little consequence.

We're not out if we win the division

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
There is literally no realistic way Dallas makes the playoffs.

The only path there would be to win out and win the division. Not. Going. To. Happen.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The team is either go to show up next week and fight or be over-matched like the Thanksgiving game.

The truly frustrating part is the second option should get the coach fired but we seem content with not being 8-8.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I pray to god the last week of the season is a win and in situation. Is the Skins game a Sunday night game?

How priceless would that be? Late game, everything went their way early, all they have to do is beat the shitty skins who whipped that ass last out, then for the 4th straight year they lose a win and in game.

:lol , that would be perfect.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet we win. I can't wait to bet my valuable vcash on it.

But even if we lose, I don't see any way we get run off the field like last time. It'll at least be competitive.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure garrett sticks around if we miss the playoffs...especially if we lose to philly next week..

I also agree w sheik. I don't see any way we make the playoffs

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I bet we win. I can't wait to bet my valuable vcash on it.

But even if we lose, I don't see any way we get run off the field like last time. It'll at least be competitive.

Literally anything is possible week to week with this team. They could lay an egg vs Philly again, or they could blow them out 38-3. I just don't see how Philly is even on par with Dallas, even with Dallas' shitty defense. Kelly is the thing they have going for them, and Mark Sanchez should cancel that shit out.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not so sure garrett sticks around if we miss the playoffs...especially if we lose to philly next week..

I also agree w sheik. I don't see any way we make the playoffs

like Yimmer said in the game thread, they'd have to actually win a home game, and also finish 8-0 on the road. Jesus Christ.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You know, I wouldn't wanna play NYG last game of the year the way Eli and Beckham guy are hooking up right now.

If a Dallas beats Philly, and the Giants want to play spoiler in week 17, it would come down to Dallas beating Washington and getting the bye if they do

Thats one scenario I didn't consider. Of course it all starts with getting even with philly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep if we don't win Sunday night you can stick the fork in us.

Was this always a NBC night game, or did they flex us?

Reaction score
That loss to the Deadskins sure looms large.
That one could be the nail in the coffin.

If we do beat Philly next week, then we'll be a game up on them. If we win out, then we'll win the East. If we lose to Indy, then we would likely tie Philly since they have the Redskins and Giants left. Head to head tiebreaker would be 1-1. Next tiebreaker would be division record. Philly would have one division loss (to us), and we would have two (Redskins and Eagles). We basically can't win the division with another loss.

If we have another loss, then we have to hope for a wild card. The best we can do is 11-5. That should get us in, but right now a three way tie with any combination of Arizona, Detroit and Seattle has us on the outside looking in. A two way tie with Arizona or Detroit puts us out. A two way tie with Seattle, we get in. Basically if Arizona gets one more win, then we can't overtake them without winning out. And with Detroit, they'd have to go 1-2 versus Minnesota, Chicago and Green Bay, for us to get in with another loss.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure we lose to Indy. Luck is so streaky. Did anyone see that game today? He threw INTs, fumbled the ball into his own endzone for a TD, and missed a lot of throws. If Cleveland had a QB who could play a lick, they'd have won easily.

Now granted, our D is miles worse than Cleveland's. And it probably won't help that it'll be basically in a dome like he's used to. But it can happen. He can have a triple INT day in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom