ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wish we had a coach half as good as what the Cardinals have.

Did any Cowboys fan ever think they'd ever say that?

Reaction score
The NFC West teams have a lot of games left with each other. They're going to cannibalize themselves out. If one team gets hot, or if AZ beats Seattle and SF once, they're probably only getting the champ in.

We need to beat Philly at home. Really need the next three. Giants, Philly at home, and Chicago. If we're not a couple games clear of Philly or the 7 and 8 spots, those last 3 games could do us in (@ Philly, Indy at home and @ Washington). Can you imagine if we have to win in Week 17 to get in?

Reaction score
NFC west has a lot of games against each other just as the NFC east teams do.

These games against Philly are huge.

It'll be interesting to see what Marinelli cooks up for that offense.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't be, but I'm very wary of this upcoming game against the Giants.

No, I'm the same. They usually play us tough, and they're at home. Eli may be a joke sometimes, but he can get hot at times also. And they came within a few yards of winning against a very good team -- it's not like they got blown out.

Plus it seems like everything went our way yesterday and people are looking at us again as one of the better teams in the conference. Which we are, but this team just does better when it's being doubted, not when everyone's blowing smoke up their skirt.

I think I feel better about the Thanksgiving Day game vs a crappy Sanchez than I do this one.

Reaction score
Yeah you throw the records out with divisional opponents. That said, I'd rather have 5 games with Philly, NYG and Washington versus 5 games in the NFC West. Arizona has two with Seattle and one with San Fran... and one with St Louis, who has beaten SF, Seattle and Denver in recent weeks.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Fucking Atlanta Falcons leading their division at 4-6 just cracks me the hell up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish we had a coach half as good as what the Cardinals have.

Did any Cowboys fan ever think they'd ever say that?

Arians is definitely an excellent football coach. Surprised it took as long as it did for him to get that HC gig.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fucking Atlanta Falcons leading their division at 4-6 just cracks me the hell up.

Teams should be just lining up to get that 5th seed right now.

As well as we play on the road, if I knew our WC round opponent was Atlanta and then we potentially had our next game at Arizona and Drew Stanton, I'd feel pretty good about our chances of getting to the NFC Championship

Reaction score
Thursday is going to be a big day in the playoff race:

Chicago vs 7-4 Detroit

8-3 Philly vs 8-3 Dallas

7-4 San Fran vs 7-4 Seattle

A lot on the line as far as the division and wildcard.

Reaction score
4-7 teams in position to win the NFC South and one of the current 7-4 or better teams is going to miss the playoffs. Smh.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If Dallas beats Philly this week, I think they'll eventually be the #1 seed, which for them will be a huge disadvantage. They're horrible at home.

Reaction score
If Dallas beats Philly this week, I think they'll eventually be the #1 seed, which for them will be a huge disadvantage. They're horrible at home.

Lol @ us being #1 seed.

God some Cowboys fans are so stupid.

Reaction score
The winner of that division could be 6-10.

Unreal.
Under this scenario, the division winner would have 11 losses.

ATLANTA FALCONS (4-7)
vs. Arizona (loss), at Green Bay (loss), vs. Pittsburgh (loss), at New Orleans (11th loss), vs. Carolina (win)

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (4-7)
at Pittsburgh (loss), vs. Carolina (loss), at Chicago (loss), vs. Atlanta (win), at Tampa Bay (11th loss)

CAROLINA PANTHERS (3-7-1)
at Minnesota (loss), at New Orleans (win), vs. Tampa Bay (loss), vs. Cleveland (loss), at Atlanta (11th loss)

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (2-9)
vs. Cincinnati (loss), at Detroit (11th loss), at Carolina (win), vs. Green Bay (win or loss), vs. New Orleans (win)

Reaction score
Back in July, I crunched some numbers and found that only about 1 in 10 division winners have had 9 or fewer wins.

Only three teams in post-merger era have won their division with a .500 record (Browns '85, Chargers '08, Broncos '11).

Only one team has ever won their division with a losing record - In 2010, the 7-9 Seahawks.

So not only is the NFC South bad, it may be historically bad.

Top Bottom