sbk92

Reaction score
IMO, LeBron has a little bit of Felix Jones in him. Where he's got a ton of talent, he wants to win, but he has no real burning desire to be the man. He's unselfish to a fault.

The real great players are selfish. Emmitt Smith was extremely selfish. So was Irvin. They demanded the ball early, often, and certainly with the game on the line. LeBron seems content letting someone else do it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
IMO, LeBron has a little bit of Felix Jones in him. Where he's got a ton of talent, he wants to win, but he has no real burning desire to be the man. He's unselfish to a fault.

The real great players are selfish. Emmitt Smith was extremely selfish. So was Irvin. They demanded the ball early, often, and certainly with the game on the line. LeBron seems content letting someone else do it.

Now that sports are 99% business and 1% about the game, I think todays special athlete is found earlier and is catered to way too much. By the time they're on center stage they've been told how great they are a million times. No need to go out and show or prove it.

Sbk mentioned Emmitt and Jordan. Both were told early on that they weren't good enough, they both had a chip on their shoulders for the better part of their careers.

sbk92

Reaction score
I never thought I'd root for Dork, but it was good to see King James fail.

I heard a stat today that Nowitzki out scored LeBron something like 62-18 in the 4th quarter in this series.

So Dirk must be twice as good as Jordan or something.

C

Cr122

I watched this game last night and I was rooting for the Mavs because I can't stand LeBron and the Heat.

Terry was having a good game in the first half to help out Dirk when he was struggling.

Then when Dirk got hot in the second half, it all but sealed the victory for the Mavs. Good game.

And that's what the Heat deserves for faking injuries. Very childish as Dirk put it. I think it's kind of funny how the Heat failed to win this series when they all crowned them champs before the start of the season.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't really hate LeBron. I just didn't like the way he handled leaving Cleveland. The whole TV show nonsense and not even having the decency to inform the Cavs of his decision prior to announcing it to the world. I don't blame him for leaving. I'd leave too. But show a little finesse.

Also, unless my team is one of the haves, I don't want to see a league where 5 or 6 teams have all the best players.

sbk92

Reaction score
I did find the Jordan comparisons ridiculous though.

I don't think he's even as good as Kobe Bryant.

C

Cr122

LeBron is a good player, but better than Jordan? Laughable.

And yeah, he's not even better than Bryant.

If James was a better free throw shooter and a more consistent shooter from game to game, there could be a debate.

I also think James not winning a championship hurts his defense too.

Reaction score
I never thought I'd root for Dork, but it was good to see King James fail.

I heard a stat today that Nowitzki out scored LeBron something like 62-18 in the 4th quarter in this series.

So Dirk must be twice as good as Jordan or something.

Actually Dirk in the 4th for the series scored 62 pts. Lebitch and Dick Wad combined scored 62 pts for the series.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'm no basketball expert. I barely watch it anymore. But it seems to me LeBron has no post up game.

Reaction score
LeBron and Kobes first 10 playoff games are pretty similar.

Hes not Jordan but theres a lot of room to be great under Jordan

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't really hate LeBron. I just didn't like the way he handled leaving Cleveland. The whole TV show nonsense and not even having the decency to inform the Cavs of his decision prior to announcing it to the world. I don't blame him for leaving. I'd leave too. But show a little finesse.
Also, unless my team is one of the haves, I don't want to see a league where 5 or 6 teams have all the best players.

I think the word you're looking for is "tact" you idiot.

Reaction score
LeBron and Kobes first 10 playoff games are pretty similar.

Hes not Jordan but theres a lot of room to be great under Jordan

Kobe is 10 times the player that LeBron will ever be. James may be a better athlete, but he doesn't have the heart to be one of the all time greats.

C

Cr122

I find it hard to compare James to Jordan or Bryant.

For one, Bryant and Jordan are money from the free throw line, James? He's nowheres a near them in that category.

Plus, they're both better shooters than James.

Cythim

Reaction score
James is an isolation player. If he can get a 1 on 1 he will torch his defender nearly every time. The problem with that is this is a team game and Dallas played a good zone.

Reaction score
James is an isolation player. If he can get a 1 on 1 he will torch his defender nearly every time. The problem with that is this is a team game and Dallas played a good zone.

That is the problem, teams arn't going to let you do that to them in the playoffs, and LeBron ended up deferring to the real superstar on that team most of the Finals, D Wade.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Still laughing at the Heat. I rooted for James early on, but he's just not what everyone thought he was. I hate Kobe, but I'll give credit, he's the best player the league has had since Jordan.

So difficult to compare players from generation to generation, but I don't think Kobe is on Jordan's level either.

The Heat tried to buy a Championship. The Celtics pulled it off a few years ago, but this is the biggest fail since the Lakers tried it with adding Malone and Gary Payton. This is worse because all 3 players are in their primes, though.

Miami is fail.

Reaction score
I like James. I don't blame him for leaving Cleveland. But yeah, the way he went about it was all wrong. And I agree, he's not what everyone makes him out to be. Not better than Jordan - not even close.

Might be more talented physically, but doesn't have the drive.

Loved seeing Dallas and Dirk win.

sbk92

Reaction score
Still laughing at the Heat. I rooted for James early on, but he's just not what everyone thought he was. I hate Kobe, but I'll give credit, he's the best player the league has had since Jordan.

So difficult to compare players from generation to generation, but I don't think Kobe is on Jordan's level either.

The Heat tried to buy a Championship. The Celtics pulled it off a few years ago, but this is the biggest fail since the Lakers tried it with adding Malone and Gary Payton. This is worse because all 3 players are in their primes, though.

Miami is fail.

It was their first year together. They could easily go on from here and win several rings.

Top Bottom