dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still say were in a 5 team at best without Romo

If that's true then he almost has to be league MVP doesn't he?

I don't think Murray will get it after last two games, and its obvious to all that 3 of our 4 losses were directly impacted by Romo's back problem (incl the game he missed)

If Romo had been 100% since day one, it possible this could be a 15-1 or 14-2 team.

Reaction score
If that's true then he almost has to be league MVP doesn't he?

I don't think Murray will get it after last two games, and its obvious to all that 3 of our 4 losses were directly impacted by Romo's back problem (incl the game he missed)

If Romo had been 100% since day one, it possible this could be a 15-1 or 14-2 team.

I'm not saying he won't get it because I don't think he deserves it. I'm saying it because public perception is this is Murray's offense.

Most people, probably voters as well, scoff at Romo.

JJ Watt likely gets it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys make case for Romo MVP

December, 21, 2014
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- After claiming their first division title since 2009, the Dallas Cowboys started making a case for quarterback Tony Romo as the NFL MVP.

"He certainly is in my book," owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Sunday after the Cowboys clinched the NFC East title with a 42-7 rout of the Indianapolis Colts, keyed by Romo completing 18 of 20 passes for 218 yards and four touchdowns. "He is for me.

"Yes, he is, because [DeMarco] Murray has certainly carried his share, but Tony's quarterbacking this year was indispensable. We couldn't have had the team, and we have a team that probably right now is in the top four or five teams in the league. That's pretty good qualification of the vote."

Despite managing a surgically repaired back, Romo leads the league's quarterbacks in completion percentage (70.3), yards per attempt (8.49) and passer rating (114.4). Romo has thrown for 3,406 yards with 32 touchdowns and only eight interceptions, leading the Cowboys to an 11-3 record in games that he has played.

Romo has been at his best during the Cowboys' December drive to the division title. Dallas is 3-0 this month in large part due to Romo completing 79.2 percent of his passes for 688 yards and 10 touchdowns with no interceptions.

On Sunday, he also supplanted Hall of Famer Troy Aikman as the Cowboys' all-time passing yards leader.

That, in the opinion of Jones and Romo's two most prominent pass catchers, is a pretty convincing MVP case.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's been one bad dude this year that is for sure. He said he would be better this year, and he made good on that. Bad back and all.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He absolutely deserves real consideration for it and I think there's a fair chance he wins it. I think we all know he's far more valuable than Murray. It's not even close.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo and Murray are going to cost each other votes. Aaron Rodgers will win.

I actually think its more impressive that we will most likely have 2 of the top 5 vote-getters in MVP voting.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's the best QB in the game right now. Rodgers is great too, but Romo is finally playing without the deck stacked against him. He has protection, good support from the run game, and the defense is not terrible.

Jesus Christ, how many MVP type years have been pissed away by ignoring the offensive line?

Dude should win the award, and this year could be his ticket to the HOF if the team plays their game over the next month+.

Reaction score
He's the best QB in the game right now. Rodgers is great too, but Romo is finally playing without the deck stacked against him. He has protection, good support from the run game, and the defense is not terrible.

Jesus Christ, how many MVP type years have been pissed away by ignoring the offensive line?

Dude should win the award, and this year could be his ticket to the HOF if the team plays their game over the next month+.

I agree :like

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder what this "secret" improvement is he was talking about, says its something they changed after the Thanksgiving game. Last three games we have 41, 38 & 42 pts now.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score

Hes not the best in the game. Hes a great QB but Rodgers is the best in the game. He makes white receivers look dominant

Reaction score
Yeah I think Rogers is still the best in the game, but Romo is pretty fucking incredible. And it's kind of depressing how we've mismanaged and wasted his entire career.

Hope he gets a ring this year because he's too talented and too good of a guy for his legacy to be what it currently is.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hes not the best in the game. Hes a great QB but Rodgers is the best in the game. He makes white receivers look dominant

Ummm, Romo makes midget white receivers look like legit weapons.

Reaction score
Romo is definitely best in the game. Rodgers has an actual talented HC to assist during game days. Romo has been doing it alone since 2007. Some credit def goes to linehan and whoever forced us to rebuild the oline. The protection has been amazing. Defense will likely be our downfall in the playoffs. I could see a team like GB or Seattle dropping 35-40 on us.

Top Bottom