C

Cr122

Multi-stop training camps may return
May, 18, 2011 PM CT
By Todd Archer

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- Because of the lockout the Cowboys will hold training camp – if there is one – only in San Antonio. As to the future, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said the team could return to the multi-city camps.

The Cowboys split training camp between the Alamodome and Oxnard, Calif., last year and also played in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, leading many to wonder whether that contributed to the team’s 6-10 season.

“I liked the travel we had,” Jones said. “I think it was good and I think we will have that in the future.”

Why?

“Because we won three world championships traveling all over the world, so it works,” Jones said.

In 1992 the Cowboys traveled to Tokyo for a preseason game against Houston. In 1993, they played a preseason game in London. In 1994 and ’95 they played preseason games in Mexico City and Toronto.

“Without being specific I want to be real clear about something having training camp in different places is not a deterrent or not necessarily the solution to have a successful season,” Jones said. “My experience has been that it can be part of having a Super Bowl team. I read somewhere there is some thought in our mind of not having multiple training camps. That is not correct. It is just the opposite.”

Reaction score
How does traveling for a pre-season game equate to having a traveling training camp?

Ridiculous.

63echo

Reaction score
This article aggravates me more than most. How can splitting camp be any kind of an advantage at all (to anyone outside of the marketing dept, anyway)? And if it's not an advantage, why in the hell do it? You can't tell me the disruption is in any way a good thing when you're trying to run a freaking training camp. And somehow his excuse (which I'm sick to death of hearing) is that it worked for his Superbowl teams...Christ, having Aikman, Jimmy, Smith, whoever is what worked, not moving his f**king team around the country during training time.

This fool just can't stay out of his own way.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
F'ing idiot.

I'm back to hoping this MF'er dies a painful death soon, I'm talking painful. Take and hammer a gutter spike into his pee hole.

Piss blood, you cocksucker.

C

Cr122

F'ing idiot.

I'm back to hoping this MF'er dies a painful death soon, I'm talking painful. Take and hammer a gutter spike into his pee hole.

lol

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

I'm serious. I haven't even commented on this F since he hired Garrett, iirc.

He just finds a way to stick his ugly f-face where you can see it long enough to want to hate it again.

I seriously am back to hoping bad things happen to him. I had cancelled plans of shitting on his grave. Those may be back on. Not sure yet.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Still a jackass who cares less about winning than most Cowboys fans truly believe..

He wants to parade his toy around and make sure everyone knows he's in charge of it. It's all about him. Nothing else matters.

I'll never understand the fans that support this clown and label him a great owner. I mean, there are fans out there that consider him a top GM. WTF?

C

Cr122

I'm serious. I haven't even commented on this F since he hired Garrett, iirc.

He just finds a way to stick his ugly f-face where you can see it long enough to want to hate it again.

I seriously am back to hoping bad things happen to him. I had cancelled plans of shitting on his grave. Those may be back on. Not sure yet.

It's all about fame and fortune for Jerruh. He obviously doesn't care how it effects his players.

sbk92

Reaction score
F'ing idiot.

Back to?

You waffler.

What's good about today is he's one day closer to a dirt nap.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Back to?

You waffler.

What's good about today is he's one day closer to a dirt nap.

Yeah. You know how it is. There for a while it was the only thing I thought about. The man was ruining my enjoyment of the actual team.

I put him out of my mind, then he says this shit.

Back to waiting for that day. It'll be up there with Bin Laden's expiration.

Reaction score
The Cowboys split training camp between the Alamodome and Oxnard, Calif., last year and also played in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, leading many to wonder whether that contributed to the team’s 6-10 season.

“I liked the travel we had,” Jones said. “I think it was good and I think we will have that in the future.”

This blows my mind.

We did all that, and opened out of the gate 1-7.

And Jerry thinks it was good.

That blows my mind.

You do sometihng, and it either directly or indirectly plays a role in your team being ill prepared to start a season, leading to one of the worst years in Cowboys history.

And he likes it. Wants to do it again in the future.

FFS... can you imagine the traveling road show Jerry will have us on if we ever do win a Super Bowl again?

C

Cr122

It's because Jerry is a clueless GM, he doesn't know what's best for the team.

Remember, someone probably told him a lot of traveling is good for the team and he bought it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Gawd this has been eating at me.

WTF did we do to deserve Jerry Jones? Seriously.

Why?

Top Bottom