Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'm comfortable with Josh Brent starting at NT this year. We can always go back to Ratliff should that be a trainwreck.

I doubt it would though. Brent is a big nasty space eater.

Obviously Fat Rob's gonna move these guys all around to get favorable matchups. I'm down with that. But in our base front, Ratliff should be at end.

I like Brent too, but I've always been leery of depending on uncertainties.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1(9th) Tyron Smith T USC - You may have heard I am high on him.
2(40th) Marvin Austin DE North Carolina - Knucklehead but a beast when focused.
3(71st) Dontay Moch OLB Nevada - Anthony Spencer, you are officially on notice.
4(109th) Kris O'Dowd C USC - Homer Alert!
5(140th) Deunta Williams S North Carolina - No way he'll be available here.
6(171st) Cecil Shorts III WR Mt. Union - I'd take him in the 5th.
7a(209th) Mark Herzlich ILB Boston College - Jerra loves a story.
7b(251st) Allen Bradford RB USC - Ridiculous Homer Alert!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No. Ratliff gets worn down because he's not a real 3-4 NT.

And it'll only get worse as he plays the back 9 of his career.

Wrong. He's very much a "real" NT. He may not have the cosmetic look of the recent stereotype NT. It's foolish to make this claim. He's not a real NT and he gets worned down because of the double-teams. He'd still face double teams as a DE.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1(9th) Tyron Smith T USC - You may have heard I am high on him.
2(40th) Marvin Austin DE North Carolina - Knucklehead but a beast when focused.
3(71st) Dontay Moch OLB Nevada - Anthony Spencer, you are officially on notice.
4(109th) Kris O'Dowd C USC - Homer Alert!
5(140th) Deunta Williams S North Carolina - No way he'll be available here.
6(171st) Cecil Shorts III WR Mt. Union - I'd take him in the 5th.
7a(209th) Mark Herzlich ILB Boston College - Jerra loves a story.
7b(251st) Allen Bradford RB USC - Ridiculous Homer Alert!

Decent. Very good. I had considered Austin, but couldn't pass on Cannon. Not sure about Moch, I mean yeah he had a good ombine.

C

Cr122

1 (9) Tyron Smith, OT, USC
2 (40) Kenrick Ellis, DT, Hamton, I may have reached a little here, but he won't make it to the third round.
3 (71) John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
4 (109) Chykie Brown, CB, Texas
5 (140) Robert Sands, S, West Virginia
6 (171) Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
7 (209) Mario Harvey, ILB, Marshall
7 (251) Ronald Johnson, WR/KR, USC

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1 (9) Tyron Smith, OT, USC
2 (40) Kenrick Ellis, DT, Hamton, I may have reached a little here, but he won't make it to the third round.
3 (71) John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
4 (109) Chykie Brown, CB, Texas
5 (140) Robert Sands, S, West Virginia
6 (171) Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
7 (209) Mario Harvey, ILB, Marshall
7 (251) Ronald Johnson, WR/KR, USC

Yeha the Ellis pick is a reach, but that's the thing about this mock in doing it this fashion is that there will be some reaches. Your mock is pretty solid. Could get better value with Deunta Willimas over Sands.

C

Cr122

Yeha the Ellis pick is a reach, but that's the thing about this mock in doing it this fashion is that there will be some reaches. Your mock is pretty solid. Could get better value with Deunta Willimas over Sands.

Yeah, Williams is better than Sands, and believe it or not Ellis is projected to go in the second or third round.

Mike Mayock said he won't make it out of the second round. The guys a beast 346lbs.

sbk92

Reaction score
Wrong. He's very much a "real" NT. He may not have the cosmetic look of the recent stereotype NT. It's foolish to make this claim. He's not a real NT and he gets worned down because of the double-teams. He'd still face double teams as a DE.

He'll face less double teams at end. Far less than he does inside getting the C/G on every snap.

He's not a 3-4 NT. And he'll have a much better 2nd half of his career if we move him back to his natural position in this defense.

C

Cr122

I wouldn't mind Brent at the nose or maybe one of these draft picks, and sliding Ratliff to DE.

It will only make us better on the defensive line. I think Ratliff would have a monster season at DE.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When I think vacation... I think Missouri.

Welcome back.

Come on now, Branson is pretty nice. Some of the nicest people out there. First time here and we are loving it! Thanks for the welcome back

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm telling ya, Branson is good. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for us, it works. We wanted to catch a Cardinals game at the end of the week, but are running out of time....

St. Louis fan?

Right on.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
St. Louis fan?

Right on.

More a baseball fan in general. I respect the Cards. Real good team. I love good baseball, and the Cards play some of the best there is. However, I am a rabid Rangers fan and have been since '72.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
More a baseball fan in general. I respect the Cards. Real good team. I love good baseball, and the Cards play some of the best there is. However, I am a rabid Rangers fan and have been since '72.

Tough break last year in the series. Good luck this year. My Cards aren't starting off with a bang.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tough break last year in the series. Good luck this year. My Cards aren't starting off with a bang.

Thanks and good luck! Give it time, they'll come through....Meanwhile concerning the subject at hand, I would love to get Phil Taylor to anchor the D-Line. I know he will not make it out of the first round. If we trade down and get additional picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd(where we could pick up O-Line help), then it could happen. Move Rat to end, Taylor in the middle, and Bowen( or other draftee) on the other side. I am all for moving down(if the pick is in the teens). Unless, and this is a big unless, we traded New England our 9th for their 28th and 33rd. That would leave them with the 9th and the 17th overall picks--good for them and for us....I know there are numbers assigned to the value of each pick, so I am not sure how the numbers would stack up.

Top Bottom