jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know this isn't pertaining to the draft but do you trade Collins. Do you all think it is reasonable to trade him. Smith, Fredericks and Martin will all be commanding roughly 45 million in a couple of years. Factor in Collins and we are looking at roughly 55 million a year for our oline. Is it worth it or do we anticipate the salary cap going up another 10 to 20 million over the next couple of years

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know this isn't pertaining to the draft but do you trade Collins. Do you all think it is reasonable to trade him. Smith, Fredericks and Martin will all be commanding roughly 45 million in a couple of years. Factor in Collins and we are looking at roughly 55 million a year for our oline. Is it worth it or do we anticipate the salary cap going up another 10 to 20 million over the next couple of years
No. If Leary goes, which is likely, we need him.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No. If Leary goes, which is likely, we need him.

Make sense. By the time those contracts kick in the salary cap should be up another 10 million. I read a report that the salary cap may be close to 195 million by 2020. Not certain if sinking ratings for networks may play a part in the salary cap not shooting up as expected. New stadiums as well as football team values going up should aid this upward swing on salary cap

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
CMD34 might get his wish. Tony Pauline saying he keeps hearing the Cowboys have their eye on Justin Evans. No need for Church if that happened. In looking at his tape I see he is in love with shoulder only tackling. Needs to wrap up. Good anticipation though.

Last edited:

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
CMD34 might get his wish. Tony Pauline saying he keeps hearing the Cowboys have their eye on Justin Evans. No need for Church if that happened. In looking at his tape I see he is in love with shoulder only tackling. Needs to wrap up. Good anticipation though.
I remember Evans vividly from the A&M/Tennessee game. He made some plays, but at times seemed completely out of control, as emphasized in this clip when he whiffed on a tackle and took out an official. He is undoubtedly talented, but needs to reign himself in a bit.

https://youtu.be/3GtgNQwCtXM

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hypothetical draft question. McFadden and Dunbar are both free agents and neither is resigned (hopefully)

We have a pick at the end of the 2nd rd and Stanford RB/return guy Christian McCaffrey is on the board, would you take him?

Fills a few roles on the roster for sure, and unlike Dunbar he'd actually be a nice 3rd down back and potentially be a quality KO/PR guy.

He's crafty and they need more playmakers who are options the whole game, so yes. But how fast is McCaffrey?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FWIW, Tony Pauline is reporting Dallas people are really liking this guy and would consider him at 28.

This article is written back at the beginning of the college football season:

NFL executive: Texas A&M's Justin Evans will be top-20 pick

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: Sept. 8, 2016 at 10:51 a.m.
Updated: Sept. 8, 2016 at 11:15 a.m.

Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett gets most of the scouting attention where the Aggies defense is concerned, and rightfully so, but Garrett isn't the only Aggies defender generating buzz in NFL personnel circles.

An executive told NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah that TAMU safety Justin Evans is headed for top-20 status in the 2017 NFL Draft.

"This kid jumps off the tape. He's a better player than (2016 first-round pick) Karl Joseph. He's a ferocious hitter and he can cover a lot of ground. He will be a top-20 pick this spring," the executive told Jeremiah.

Joseph, who also carried a reputation as a fierce hitter, was selected out of West Virginia with the No. 14 overall pick this year by the Oakland Raiders, despite a knee injury that prevented him from working out at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Evans certainly did his part to turns scouts' heads on Saturday. In a season-opening win over UCLA, he made eight tackles, two interceptions, and broke up another pass in overtime to seal the Aggies' 31-24 victory. One of his interceptions was a leaping theft in the final minute of regulation that essentially forced the overtime period. Jeremiah spoke with several NFL executives over the weekend who are intrigued with the senior, and Jeremiah was impressed with his play in reviewing film of the UCLA game.

Evans (6-foot-1, 195 pounds) had only one interception and three pass breakups all of last season. But his performance against Bruins star quarterback Josh Rosen signals a much more productive season is ahead of him when it comes to making plays on the ball.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Reaction score
Our first three rounds net us these players:

1st - Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt
2nd - JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Souther California
3rd - Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama

You're reaction is..........

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our first three rounds net us these players:

1st - Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt
2nd - JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Souther California
3rd - Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama

You're reaction is..........

Dancing.

We just won the draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CMD probably gonna hunt Pauline down

The DA Draft Buzz: February 8th

Tony Pauline
Draft Analyst Writer

Following up on our initial story from the Senior Bowl, I was told yesterday there's been no decision made on whether or not Takkarist McKinley of UCLA will have surgery on his injured shoulder. In fact its still to be determined if surgery is necessary.

I’m told McKinley has full range of motion in his shoulder. As of now he is planning on participating in the combine and I’m told to expect some outstanding testing numbers.

Toledo running back Kareem Hunt could surprise at the combine.

I’m told the he recently ran the forty in hand times of 4.39s and clocked 4.46s laser timed. Both are faster than anyone would expect.

I asked a trusted source at the Green Bay Packers which direction they were moving towards free agency and the draft. His response? “Corners, lots of them.”

Last week I mentioned Carlos Henderson as one of two sleepers at the wide receiver spot few have mentioned. Since then I continue to hear nothing but positive buzz on the Louisiana Tech junior, who some say will not get out of the second round.

There have been questions about his size, specifically his height, but I am told Henderson will measure a shade over 5-feet/11-inches. He is expected to run under 4.4s in the forty at the combine, with some believing he could drop into the 4.35s area.

I’m told Henderson has received high praise from rival coaches in Conference USA. When asked they’ve told league scouts Henderson was impossible to cover.

On the flip side one receiver who seems to be falling is JuJu Smith-Schuster of USC.

Over the past 16 hours separate sources told me they look at Smith-Schuster as a 2nd/3rd round talent. They feel there is nothing special about his game; he’s not a downfield threat, he runs average routes and some contend he does not catch the ball well.

Combine workouts will be critical for Smith-Schuster.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Myles Garrett posted a video asking Jerry Jones to trade Romo for pics so they can use those pics to trade up with Cleveland and take him because he wants to be a Cowboy

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Myles Garrett posted a video asking Jerry Jones to trade Romo for pics so they can use those pics to trade up with Cleveland and take him because he wants to be a Cowboy
Looks like a 'tongue in cheek' comment to me. Besides, I came to terms with the fact that he wasn't going to be a Cowboy months ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would JuJu smith not being anything special really be surprising?

Who was the last USC receiver taken that was a star? Keyshawn?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dancing.

We just won the draft.

We had better have improved the pass rush through free agency then, otherwise we didn't win the draft.

I like Cunningham and Jackson and have seen both play a lot, but we really need pass rushers.

Top Bottom