English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ohio State RB/WR Curtis Samuel has declared his intention to enter the 2017 draft. He would instantly make Lucky Whitehead AND Lance Dunbar redundant.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad your here. Wanted your opinion on a player. Harold Landry, 6-3 250, Boston College. 22 TFL this past season. Could be that speedy edge rusher we need and should be available when we pick, although he's climbing the boards. And you have to admit, the name Landry would look good on the back of a Cowboys jersey.

Phil Steele
@philsteele042

DE Harold Landry has decided to return to Boston College & will not enter the 2017 NFL Draft. He led the nation in sacks in 2016 with 16.5.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Phil Steele
@philsteele042

DE Harold Landry has decided to return to Boston College & will not enter the 2017 NFL Draft. He led the nation in sacks in 2016 with 16.5.
Oh well, one for 2018 then. Although I expect him to be a top 15 pick by then, which will probably rule us out.

Reaction score
Here are the notable underclassmen who have already declared their intentions to enter the 2017 NFL draft. Jan. 16 is the deadline to declare.

The draft will be held in Philadelphia on April 27-29.
KD Cannon, WR, Baylor:?"I plan to make the most out of this life-changing opportunity by providing a better lifestyle for my family and ensuring my two beautiful daughters won't have to experience the same struggles in life as I have." Read more.?
James Conner, RB, Pitt: Read more.
Dalvin Cook. RB. Florida State:?"I just want to tell everybody I will be taking my talents to the 2017 NFL draft." Read more.
Jerod Evans, QB; Isaiah Ford, WR; Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech: Read more.
D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas: "I had a wonderful season. I've got to try to strike while the iron's hot." Read more.
Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU: "I want everyone to know that I will forever treasure my experience as a Tiger." Read more.
Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M:?"I will play for any NFL team that gives me a chance and they will get my very best effort." Read more.
Davon Godchaux, DL, LSU: Read more.
Charles Harris, DE, Missouri: Read more.
Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming:?"This has been a dream of mine for a while now, and through hard work and dedication that dream finally has a chance to become a reality." Read more.?
Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State: "Even though my time here didn't start the way I planned, I have gained a love and appreciation for Columbus that is hard to put into words." Read more.
Nazair Jones, DT, North Carolina
Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami:"I have zero worries that The U will indeed be back. No matter who is under center next season, I have no doubt in my mind they will have the platform and the resources around them to bring a major championship back to Coral Gables." Read more.
Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame: "Thank you. NFL-bound." Read more.
Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech:?"After talking with Coach Kingsbury and my family, we feel this is the best decision for me moving forward." Read more.
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford: "Since I was 6 years old, I've wanted to play in the NFL. It's been on every list of goals that I've ever written." Read more.
Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State: "I'm ready to fulfill my childhood dream of playing in the NFL." Read more.
Montae Nicholson, S, Michigan State
David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.)
Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
John Ross, WR, Washington: Read more.
Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M
Damore'ea Stringfellow, WR, Ole Miss: Read more.
Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklahoma State
Eddie Vanderdoes, DL, UCLA
Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma: Read more.
Anthony Walker, LB, Northwestern:?"He's cemented a spot as one of the best players in Northwestern football history." Read more.
T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin:?"Thank you to all of my teammates, coaches and you fans for the incredible memories. Once a Badger, Always a Badger. On Wisconsin!" Read more.
Deshaun Watson, QB; Wayne Gallman, RB; Mike Williams, WR; and Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson: Read more.
Marcus Williams, S, Utah
Stanley "Boom" Williams, RB, Kentucky: Read more.
Joe Yearby, RB, Miami

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Here are the notable underclassmen who have already declared their intentions to enter the 2017 NFL draft. Jan. 16 is the deadline to declare.

The draft will be held in Philadelphia on April 27-29.
KD Cannon, WR, Baylor:?"I plan to make the most out of this life-changing opportunity by providing a better lifestyle for my family and ensuring my two beautiful daughters won't have to experience the same struggles in life as I have." Read more.?
James Conner, RB, Pitt: Read more.
Dalvin Cook. RB. Florida State:?"I just want to tell everybody I will be taking my talents to the 2017 NFL draft." Read more.
Jerod Evans, QB; Isaiah Ford, WR; Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech: Read more.
D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas: "I had a wonderful season. I've got to try to strike while the iron's hot." Read more.
Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU: "I want everyone to know that I will forever treasure my experience as a Tiger." Read more.
Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M:?"I will play for any NFL team that gives me a chance and they will get my very best effort." Read more.
Davon Godchaux, DL, LSU: Read more.
Charles Harris, DE, Missouri: Read more.
Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming:?"This has been a dream of mine for a while now, and through hard work and dedication that dream finally has a chance to become a reality." Read more.?
Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State: "Even though my time here didn't start the way I planned, I have gained a love and appreciation for Columbus that is hard to put into words." Read more.
Nazair Jones, DT, North Carolina
Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami:"I have zero worries that The U will indeed be back. No matter who is under center next season, I have no doubt in my mind they will have the platform and the resources around them to bring a major championship back to Coral Gables." Read more.
Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame: "Thank you. NFL-bound." Read more.
Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech:?"After talking with Coach Kingsbury and my family, we feel this is the best decision for me moving forward." Read more.
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford: "Since I was 6 years old, I've wanted to play in the NFL. It's been on every list of goals that I've ever written." Read more.
Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State: "I'm ready to fulfill my childhood dream of playing in the NFL." Read more.
Montae Nicholson, S, Michigan State
David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.)
Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
John Ross, WR, Washington: Read more.
Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M
Damore'ea Stringfellow, WR, Ole Miss: Read more.
Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklahoma State
Eddie Vanderdoes, DL, UCLA
Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma: Read more.
Anthony Walker, LB, Northwestern:?"He's cemented a spot as one of the best players in Northwestern football history." Read more.
T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin:?"Thank you to all of my teammates, coaches and you fans for the incredible memories. Once a Badger, Always a Badger. On Wisconsin!" Read more.
Deshaun Watson, QB; Wayne Gallman, RB; Mike Williams, WR; and Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson: Read more.
Marcus Williams, S, Utah
Stanley "Boom" Williams, RB, Kentucky: Read more.
Joe Yearby, RB, Miami
Some of these guys are poorly advised. Either that or they are very desperate for an NFL paycheck.

Reaction score
Nick Saban confirms that Cam Robinson, ArDarius Stewart and Marlon Humphrey are entering the NFL draft

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nick Saban confirms that Cam Robinson, ArDarius Stewart and Marlon Humphrey are entering the NFL draft

There was an article early in the year that said Robinson was an enormous pain in the ass off the field. We'll see just how much in a weak OT draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hypothetical draft question. McFadden and Dunbar are both free agents and neither is resigned (hopefully)

We have a pick at the end of the 2nd rd and Stanford RB/return guy Christian McCaffrey is on the board, would you take him?

Fills a few roles on the roster for sure, and unlike Dunbar he'd actually be a nice 3rd down back and potentially be a quality KO/PR guy.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hypothetical draft question. McFadden and Dunbar are both free agents and neither is resigned (hopefully)

We have a pick at the end of the 2nd rd and Stanford RB/return guy Christian McCaffrey is on the board, would you take him?

Fills a few roles on the roster for sure, and unlike Dunbar he'd actually be a nice 3rd down back and potentially be a quality KO/PR guy.
Wouldn't hate the pick. Either McCaffrey or Curtis Samuel would be good.

Reaction score

Only if Alvin Kamara is off the board.

Reaction score

Only if Alvin Kamara is off the board.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Stud? No.

Grabber and PI machine? Sure.

He was pretty good most of his games CMD. Certainly better than the afterthought many assumed he'd be.

I'm not sure he's a true every week starter going forward, but he definitely has a role as a nickel CB at the least. Has some upside for sure.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was pretty good most of his games CMD. Certainly better than the afterthought many assumed he'd be.

I'm not sure he's a true every week starter going forward, but he definitely has a role as a nickel CB at the least. Has some upside for sure.

Decent 4th CB option? Okay.

Can start for us next year? Fuck no.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think he can start. The kid did fairly well for us at a time when our pass rush was horrible. Many of the top free agent defensive backs in the league aren't high picks. Many are lower round and undrafted free agents. He fits this bill

Top Bottom