GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's not just Dallas that they do it against. They neuter stellar offenses like GB and NE (including their undefeated team) and then grind it out to the finish. Eli is not blockbuster, but he can make plays when it counts. Sometimes his teammates bail him out too, but it mostly comes down to their D line in games like that.

Oh, and quit job or not, their coaching is solid. You rarely watch a Giants game and mutter "WTF is Coughlin thinking there??". He's out-coached the great Belichick twice now on the largest of stages, so either he's a good or Belichick is tremendously overhyped. Maybe a little bit of both.

He's def the best coach in the division. That's probably not saying much bc Shanahan is psychotic and Reid manages the clock/timeouts like a 5 year old. I've never personally liked Coughlin or desired him in Dallas, but he's been very effective in New York.

This is fuckin bullshit...pats easily could have won both games. SHOULD HAVE is more like it

Dropped int to seal the game by Samuel in the first game

And welker dropped a ball that probably seals the 2nd game

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Games don't come down to just one play unless you're a bitter fan who recreates events.

what? You just said the giants have the blue print?

They dont. nor do the packers..etc..

The giants in both 07 and 11 were a play or two from not even making the playoffs. in 07 the giants gave up more points than anyone else in the division.

romo threw the game winning td to crayton and the guy stopped running his route on the 3rd down play....no answer for it to this day...he just went outside on a simple run to the back of the end zone because there is no safety. that should have been a huge boom for us and eliminated the giants.

its the way the league is now. the packers in 2010 could have missed the playoffs if the bears were able to punch it in on the goal line but instead kicked a field goal.....

its the way the league is structured....just be good when you get in and take advantage of your breaks.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The giants in both 07 and 11 were a play or two from not even making the playoffs. in 07 the giants gave up more points than anyone else in the division.

romo threw the game winning td to crayton and the guy stopped running his route on the 3rd down play....no answer for it to this day...he just went outside on a simple run to the back of the end zone because there is no safety. that should have been a huge boom for us and eliminated the giants.

its the way the league is now. the packers in 2010 could have missed the playoffs if the bears were able to punch it in on the goal line but instead kicked a field goal.....

its the way the league is structured....just be good when you get in and take advantage of your breaks.

I don't know if they have a "blue print" but they have a much better structured organization than most teams. They have two of the better GM's (Ted Thompson and Jerry Reese) in football and it really shows when you look at their overall roster depth versus ours.

Reaction score

Not in January/February, when it mattered most...

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't know if they have a "blue print" but they have a much better structured organization than most teams. They have two of the better GM's (Ted Thompson and Jerry Reese) in football and it really shows when you look at their overall roster depth versus ours.

Yeah they have good gm's. those guys miss also and they have also put together teams that have struggled. they both deserve credit for there teams not blowing there opportunities like we did. they grabbed ahold of it and won.

I am not so sure the packers dont have depth issues tbh. the giants seem pretty deep.

we had a good enough team to win the superbowl in 06, 07 and 09 but we didnt take advantage of it. lots of teams throughout the history of the game like that.

and if in another year we have a good draft and a good free agent period we will be a pretty deep team. If we do to the offensive and defensive lines what we did to the secondary this year and the linebackers we will be in great shape.

the biggest issue will be what to do with spencer.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah they have good gm's. those guys miss also and they have also put together teams that have struggled. they both deserve credit for there teams not blowing there opportunities like we did. they grabbed ahold of it and won.

I am not so sure the packers dont have depth issues tbh. the giants seem pretty deep.

we had a good enough team to win the superbowl in 06, 07 and 09 but we didnt take advantage of it. lots of teams throughout the history of the game like that.

and if in another year we have a good draft and a good free agent period we will be a pretty deep team. If we do to the offensive and defensive lines what we did to the secondary this year and the linebackers we will be in great shape.

the biggest issue will be what to do with spencer.

I still say accountability or lack of accountability is the biggest issue with our faux General Manager. He can overdraft a guy in the 4th round, let's say a QB who was benched in his senior year or an oft-injured Divison 2 Safety, and if they don't work out, no one holds him accountable. He just looks at merchandise sales, advertising dollars, and stadium revenue and convinces himself he is doing a bang up job. When Ted Thompson sticks his neck out for a player he knows it will get chopped if he keeps drafting busts. We need that here. Someone who knows that the players he drafts, signs, and trades for, better work out or he will no longer be employed.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still say accountability or lack of accountability is the biggest issue with our faux General Manager. He can overdraft a guy in the 4th round, let's say a QB who was benched in his senior year or an oft-injured Divison 2 Safety, and if they don't work out, no one holds him accountable. He just looks at merchandise sales, advertising dollars, and stadium revenue and convinces himself he is doing a bang up job. When Ted Thompson sticks his neck out for a player he knows it will get chopped if he keeps drafting busts. We need that here. Someone who knows that the players he drafts, signs, and trades for, better work out or he will no longer be employed.

your stating the obvious. there is no question to any of that.

we just have to hope we run into a few players who can get us where we want to go and that is what we have had for about 5 years now. We just havent done it.

i agree with you though, I will never understand why when you draft a guy like claiborne you have to immediately turn around and tell the world he is deion sanders ish.....why? Jerry always is selling his shit to the dumb element of this fan base. Trust me, in the stadium every game and I hear things that are beyond comprehension.....

I imagine starting next friday when this team is getting ready for the giants jerry will go on the radio and declare whoever are the mariginal players who the fans are talking about like costa, church, coleman or whatever, he will go on the radio and talk them up......its what he does. I dont listen to anything the guy says anymore, you know really listening...it just doesnt matter.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
all these years later and I am still sick.....somebody hold me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-HFw32xcU

what a lazy lackluster effort. that should have been staubach to tony hill but crayton for no reason stopped.
the safety went with owens in the slot, crayton beats webster and has the endzone to himself...sam hurd is one for one up top running a corner to the back pylon........at the end of the play witten steps out and is all alone. I wonder what would have happened had he dumped it to witten, he could have got to about the 15 about yds short of the first down and got out of bounds.

i wonder if 4th and 3 with about 11 seconds left from the 15 would have given us a shot.

kill me.

if you watch the reaction from the stadium personnel, media and security on the field you can see there reaction...its like what the hell just happened.

true story, I sat in section 122 wich was the other side of the field corner behind the cowboys....diagonally from the play.....when the ball left romos hand i literally jumped on my seat...we were already standing......I thought for sure that was a winner.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
and before that, the backbreaking dropped pass

View attachment 490

he had two drops, a fumbled punt in the fourth quarter costing us precious field position and then the ultimate terrible play in the endzone......

really one of the worst performances ever in a playoff game in this franchises history. And this was the guy who in october told the media if the patriots get to arizona we will see them there.......good lord.

the best part is to this day the incredibly stupid element of the fan base bags on romo for the fourth down interception...

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He missed TO on a couple of big passes in the 3rd and 4th (maybe due to his banged up thumb), but I don't recall many fans bashing Romo for a 4th down desperation pass into the endzone.

Reaction score
You guys are pissed about 1-2 select plays. The "helmet catch" was just one in a series of New England fuck ups in that super bowl, but everyone thinks it came down to that. The Giants still had to score a TD after that. Come on.

I hate Crayton as much as the next guy. He was arrogant and never had the game to back up his talk. Wasn't shocked at all that he dropped that pass.

Did Garrett call a good game that day overall though? Fuck no. He saves his shittiest days for our best opponents. He can't scheme or ADJUST to situations in a game. Part of it might be arrogance, and another part might be inexperience/stupidity. But he's ginger tom landry golden boy, so he gets a pass and we blame it on one select play(er) instead. It's never that simple.

Reaction score
I guess it's just laziness because he wasn't the #1 target on the play. But Jesus man 4th Q in playoffs and that's what you give us?

We get that, his drop, miles running away from the ball last year.

Eli gets a helmet catch and an over the shoulder tip toe catch. The previously mentioned jump ball. A dropped Asante Samuel walk off interception

Not taking anything away from Eli . He's earned his.

But the actually isolated play of only romo and only Eli in these games is very similar. And yet, their results and perception are now wildly different. Pisses me off.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You guys are pissed about 1-2 select plays. The "helmet catch" was just one in a series of New England fuck ups in that super bowl, but everyone thinks it came down to that. The Giants still had to score a TD after that. Come on.

I hate Crayton as much as the next guy. He was arrogant and never had the game to back up his talk. Wasn't shocked at all that he dropped that pass.

Did Garrett call a good game that day overall though? Fuck no. He saves his shittiest days for our best opponents. He can't scheme or ADJUST to situations in a game. Part of it might be arrogance, and another part might be inexperience/stupidity. But he's ginger tom landry golden boy, so he gets a pass and we blame it on one select play(er) instead. It's never that simple.

sorry dude.

Garrett was not bad that day at all...not by any stretch. Player mistakes cost us that game...not coach cupcake, or jessica simpson or jason garrett....the players did.

Top Bottom