Reaction score
Parcells held back because he had a green starting QB playing his first playoff game. It was the right decision. Another in his first ballot hall of fame career. Romo was a train wreck in that game. He wasn't ready.

Which shows the difference between the two teams. This Romo is ready, that Romo didn't know what he was doing yet.

We lost to an inferior opponent because Parcells was playing scared football. Keep it close, try to win it with a late field goal.

Rex Grossman led the Bears over the Seahawks the following week.

Rex. Grossman.

Reaction score
Ayuh, if Wade took over in 2003 this team wouldn't be as talented as it is today.

Believe me Jerry learned something from Parcells, because if he was never hired those 5-11 teams would be worse today.

I don't understand why it's so hard for fans to realize this. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

No one is disputing the team wouldn't be as good today if it weren't for Parcells.

But it's also pretty obvious to those who lack an agenda that this team would not have accomplished what it has accomplished the past 3 years has Parcells remained the head coach.

Acting like a condescending blow-hard doesn't change that fact.

sbk92

Reaction score
Let's examine what the foam fingered melvin said....

If Parcells remained, it's "pretty obvious" this team wouldn't have accomplished what it has under career loser Wade Phillips.

Now, what exactly has it accomplished, years later with the team matured and in it's prime?

One playoff win.

So does that mean if Romo doesn't drop the chip shot FG snap in Seattle, Parcells accomplishes the same feat with a much less ready team?

Yes, it does. It's actually far more impressive, but in terms of advancing for a championship, it's the same thing.

Pure homeristic idiocy. That's all it can ever be when trying to tell us that Wade Phillips can have more success than Bill Parcells on a football field.

C

Cr122

No one is disputing the team wouldn't be as good today if it weren't for Parcells.

But it's also pretty obvious to those who lack an agenda that this team would not have accomplished what it has accomplished the past 3 years has Parcells remained the head coach.

Acting like a condescending blow-hard doesn't change that fact.

I think that if Parcells stuck around we would of won a Super Bowl already.

I truly believe that, but he didn't because of Jerry. And I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

Reaction score

If Parcells remained, it's "pretty obvious" this team wouldn't have accomplished what it has under career loser Wade Phillips.

Now, what exactly has it accomplished, years later with the team matured and in it's prime?

One playoff win.

So does that mean if Romo doesn't drop the chip shot FG snap in Seattle, Parcells accomplishes the same feat with a much less ready team?

Actually, that's a reach.

Had that happened . . . we would've only had a 2 point lead, with Seattle only needing a field goal to win the game, while having one of the better kickers in the game.

And we all know how Parcells defenses fared late in the game . . .

They came up short, time and time again. We witnessed it time and time again during his tenure here.

Keeping living on "ifs."

Pure homeristic idiocy. That's all it can ever be when trying to tell us that Wade Phillips can have more success than Bill Parcells on a football field.

Parcells in Dallas:

34-30, 0-2 in the playoffs, 0 division titles.

Phillips in Dallas:

33-15, 1-2 in the playoffs, 2 division titles.

Just the facts, ma'am.

Reaction score
I think that if Parcells stuck around we would of won a Super Bowl already.

I truly believe that, but he didn't because of Jerry. And I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

Yes, the guy who was getting outcoached by Detroit would've won us a Super Bowl.

Three problems with that moronic fantasy:

1. This isn't the 1980's.
2. He didn't have Bill Belichick on his staff.
3. He's a quitter, and always has been.

Was Jerry the reason he quit on the Jets and Patriots as well?

Please.

C

Cr122

Yes, the guy who was getting outcoached by Detroit would've won us a Super Bowl.

Three problems with that moronic fantasy:

1. This isn't the 1980's.
2. He didn't have Bill Belichick on his staff.
3. He's a quitter, and always has been.

Was Jerry the reason he quit on the Jets and Patriots as well?

Please.

So, when we don't win a Super Bowl with Wade, I can't wait to hear the excuses why.

C

Cr122

It doesn't matter what is said because we all know the real problem here.

JERRY FUCKING JONES!! THE SO CALLED GM!!

Spare me the bullshit.

Reaction score
So, when we don't win a Super Bowl with Wade, I can't wait to hear the excuses why.

I'd be collosally disappointed if we don't win the Super Bowl in the coming year or next.

What does that have to do with anything?

It doesn't matter what is said because we all know the real problem here.

JERRY FUCKING JONES!! THE SO CALLED GM!!

Spare me the bullshit.

This would make more sense 8 years ago.

As it is, Jerry is doing a very good job as the GM of this team.

But if you're so full of angst . . . I know some guys who are looking to put up a billboard. They just need 100 members to send them $10 each. You in?

C

Cr122

I'd be collosally disappointed if we don't win the Super Bowl in the coming year or next.

It goes to show that no matter what head coach we bring in, their hands are tied.

Jerry makes all the final decisions no matter what. Yeah he get's their input but it doesn't mean he takes it.

That's just how I feel about it.

Reaction score
It goes to show that no matter what head coach we bring in, their hands are tied.

Jerry makes all the final decisions no matter what. Yeah he get's their input but it doesn't mean he takes it.

That's just how I feel about it.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

It'll make this upcoming football season that much less enjoyable for me, knowing this.

But . . . I'd venture to say there are probably a good 25 or so teams who wished they had our Jerry Jones "problem."

C

Cr122

I'm sorry you feel that way.

It'll make this upcoming football season that much less enjoyable for me, knowing this.

But . . . I'd venture to say there are probably a good 25 or so teams who wished they had our Jerry Jones "problem."

Listen I don't hate Jerry as much as some fans do.

I just don't agree with everything he does, that's all.

And I don't find him a good GM, but he's a great salesman.

C

Cr122

One playoff win.

Yes, it does. It's actually far more impressive, but in terms of advancing for a championship, it's the same thing.

I respect your opinion and always have.

But you are one angry SOB sometimes.

Take a chill pill. :thumbsup

sbk92

Reaction score
No team wishes they had our Jerry Jones problem.

Although they might wish they had our post-Parcells situation.

Jerry Jones is why we were a laughing stock for ten years. He played absolutely no part in fixing this team other than the ultimate no brainer of getting Parcells in here. Something he couldn't even do had he owned the Browns or Bengals.

sbk92

Reaction score
I respect your opinion and always have.

But you are one angry SOB sometimes.

Take a chill pill. :thumbsup

I call it like I see it.

Jerry Jones is the single biggest enemy to this team winning. He can't sell me on his bullshat like he can the majority of this fan base. The guy's a fraud.

C

Cr122

I call it like I see it.

Jerry Jones is the single biggest enemy to this team winning. He can't sell me on his bullshat like he can the majority of this fan base. The guy's a fraud.

I don't like the things he does either, but we all know it will never change.

So therefore, we as fans have to live with it for the next several years.

And then we won't know for sure what his son will be really like.

Reaction score
I call it like I see it.

If you call it like you see it, you're vision is skewed terrible.

Jerry Jones is the single biggest enemy to this team winning.

Right. That's why we've won 8 division titles, 13 playoff games, and 3 Super Bowls during his ownership.

Carry on with your schtick though. It's fresh and original.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't like the things he does either, but we all know it will never change.

So therefore, we as fans have to live with it for the next several years.

And then we won't know for sure what his son will be really like.

I disagree.

It will change. Eventually. What is he immortal?

And I will not stick my head in the sand and act like he's a real personnel guy qualified to GM a team simply because he's rich enough to buy his way in.

sbk92

Reaction score
I know what his son will be like.

The same piece of shat power hungry fake GM his Dad is.

I've said it for years. The Jones need the Kennedy treatment.

Top Bottom