C

Cr122

Marc Colombo Injures Right Knee, Will Have MRI

7:04
calvinwatkins:
Marc Colombo has been carted off. [via Twitter]Sunday August 15, 2010 7:04 calvinwatkins

7:09
calvinwatkins:
Marc Colombo has right knee injury. He hurt it in afternoon practice. He's getting MRI. [via Twitter]Sunday August 15, 2010 7:09 calvinwatkins

7:11
espn_macmahon:
Marc Colombo has right knee injury. He hurt it in afternoon practice. He's getting MRI. (via @calvinwatkins) [via Twitter]

C

Cr122

Marc Colombo to have MRI on right knee
Posted at 7:31 PM on Sun., Aug. 15, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Marc Colombo is heading to a local hospital for an MRI on his right knee.

Colombo missed the final four series of team drills Sunday afternoon and had his brace off at the end of practice before hopping in a cart. He was limping noticeably. Rookie sixth-round pick Sam Young replaced Colombo at right tackle.

Colombo missed the final seven regular-season games last year with a fractured left fibula and high ankle sprain. He suffered a serious left knee injury in 2002 in Chicago that cost him the 2003 season. He joined the Cowboys in 2005 and has been the starter since 2006, starting 57 straight games before last year's injury.

C

Cr122

He's done, we need to get rid of this bum.

He was okay while it lasted, but his time has come. Too many injuries. Left knee,right knee, high ankle sprain, fractured left fibula.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Gone 2 to 4 weeks after getting scoped.

It's not horrible news, but he hasn't even been acceptable so far in camp.

C

Cr122

Gone 2 to 4 weeks after getting scoped.

It's not horrible news, but he hasn't even been acceptable so far in camp.

I know, that's why I am not so worried about losing him right now.

Maybe Barron when he get's back can play right tackle or we can get Sam Young to play the position for now.

We didn't get to see Barron that much yet, we'll see.

sbk92

Reaction score
Guy's a bum. So it's hard to give a shat about this. We have great depth behind him. No drop off at all. From bum to bum.

C

Cr122

Guy's a bum. So it's hard to give a shat about this. We have great depth behind him. No drop off at all. From bum to bum.

That's why I am saying it's onto Barron or Young that's all we have.

Take your pick.

C

Cr122

Marc Colombo to have MRI on right knee, scope likely
Posted at 7:31 PM on Sun., Aug. 15, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Marc Colombo will return to Dallas for an MRI on his right knee in Dallas and owner and general manager Jerry Jones said the right tackle would likely need arthroscopic surgery.

Colombo missed the final four series of team drills Sunday afternoon and had his brace off at the end of practice before hopping in a cart. He was limping noticeably. Rookie sixth-round pick Sam Young replaced Colombo at right tackle.

Colombo missed the final seven regular-season games last year with a fractured left fibula and high ankle sprain. He suffered a serious left knee injury in 2002 in Chicago that cost him the 2003 season. He joined the Cowboys in 2005 and has been the starter since 2006, starting 57 straight games before last year's injury.

Reaction score
I love the guys in here proclaiming Colombo as a bum. Prior to breaking his leg last year, he had been a good RT for us.

I think his time here is coming to a close. Too many leg injuries. But he's been far from a bum from 2006 through most of last year.

Is there an update on his condition?

Reaction score
Marc Colombo carted from practice

August, 15, 2010 Aug 1510:25PM ET
By Matt Mosley

OXNARD, Calif. -- Cowboys offensive tackle Marc Colombo was carted away from practice Sunday evening when his right knee locked up on him toward the end of team drills. He will return to Dallas and undergo and MRI, but offensive line coach Hudson Houck told reporters that he didn't believe the injury was serious.

Colombo"I think he'll be OK," said Houck. "I don't think it's any major problem. We don't want to miss him."

The injury took place toward the end of practice and Colombo was replaced by rookie Sam Young. Veteran offensive tackle Alex Barron is out with an ankle injury. If Colombo and Barron both miss Saturday's preseason game in San Diego, the Cowboys should probably think about sitting quarterback Tony Romo. He was sacked three times against the Raiders when the starting offensive linemen were on the field, although at least two of them were due to excellent coverage.

If the MRI reveals anything floating inside Colombo's knee, he'll likely undergo a scope, according to a league source. That's not something that should force him to miss any regular-season games, but it's something that should be watched since he's had knee problems in the past. Colombo told me at the start of training camp that he'd dropped 10 pounds and was in excellent shape. But he struggled against the Raiders on Thursday and will now have to work through this setback.

The fact that Colombo's returning to Dallas for the MRI has to cause a little extra concern.

Reaction score
Marc Colombo will only miss 2-4 weeks
Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2010 9:45 PM ET
The Cowboys got some good news via the MRI machine on Sunday evening.

Starting right tackle Marc Colombo, who was initially feared to have suffered a serious knee injury, will miss only two-to-four weeks, according to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com.

Per Watkins, Colombo needs surgery -- it presumably will be arthroscopic.

C

Cr122

I love the guys in here proclaiming Colombo as a bum. Prior to breaking his leg last year, he had been a good RT for us.

I think his time here is coming to a close. Too many leg injuries. But he's been far from a bum from 2006 through most of last year.

Is there an update on his condition?

I know he was just so special to our team, especially in that Minnesota game.

Gimme a break. Yeah, I'll admit he was a solid right tackle for us, but he was nothing special just like this entire offensive line isn't. If you can't see the problems on this line, you aren't seeing the big picture.

C

Cr122

You realize he came back too early from a broken leg, right?

Prior to that, he was one of the better right tackles we've had in a long time.

I realize, Wade made the mistake of putting him in instead of letting a healthy Doug Free play the game.

He's already come out publicly and admitted he made a mistake. Colombo killed us that game.

He should of never started that game, regardless. Doug Free was playing right tackle just fine going into that game.

That's what clueless head coaches do sometimes, make dumb decisions.

Reaction score
I realize, Wade made the mistake of putting him in instead of letting a healthy Doug Free play the game.

He's already come out publicly and admitted he made a mistake. Colombo killed us that game.

He should of never started that game, regardless. Doug Free was playing right tackle just fine going into that game.

That's what clueless head coaches do sometimes, make dumb decisions.

It was a mistake. All coaches make them. I remember we had a coach here once who decided to play conservative on offense despite our opponent being so banged up in the secondary that they were starting a guy who was selling insurance the week before in Pete hunter.

Nevertheless, Flozell Adams was injured that game, so Colombo would've been inserted into the game anyway.

sbk92

Reaction score
Parcells held back because he had a green starting QB playing his first playoff game. It was the right decision. Another in his first ballot hall of fame career. Romo was a train wreck in that game. He wasn't ready.

Which shows the difference between the two teams. This Romo is ready, that Romo didn't know what he was doing yet.

C

Cr122

It was a mistake. All coaches make them. I remember we had a coach here once who decided to play conservative on offense despite our opponent being so banged up in the secondary that they were starting a guy who was selling insurance the week before in Pete hunter.

Nevertheless, Flozell Adams was injured that game, so Colombo would've been inserted into the game anyway.

Yeah, your right all coaches do make bad decisions sometimes, but just not as often as Wade.

Wade's a great defensive cordinator but he sucks balls as a head coach. That's my own personal opinion of him.

And I don't want to hear about the 13-3 season, it's championships that makes you a great head coach not the regular season.

sbk92

Reaction score
Having said that, Colombo is a bum. Always was.

It's like he's won over the simpleton fan base for being nasty.

Super, but I'd like a guy who can play. He can't. Too weak to ever be my starting RT.

If we had quality depth, we'd be upgrading the line with this injury.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, your right all coaches do make bad decisions sometimes, but just not as often as Wade.

Wade's a great defensive cordinator but he sucks balls as a head coach. That's my own personal opinion of him.

And I don't want to hear about the 13-3 season, it's championships that makes you a great head coach not the regular season.

He was given Parcells core. He could never ever take a team off the floor and build them to a contender.

He's a fat Barry Switzer to me.

C

Cr122

He was given Parcells core. He could never ever take a team off the floor and build them to a contender.

He's a fat Barry Switzer to me.

Ayuh, if Wade took over in 2003 this team wouldn't be as talented as it is today.

Believe me Jerry learned something from Parcells, because if he was never hired those 5-11 teams would be worse today.

I don't understand why it's so hard for fans to realize this. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Top Bottom