Reaction score
Dan Snyder’s radio station fires critic of Dan Snyder’s football team

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 16, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT

Getty Images
With a salary cap, a draft system that rewards the worst and penalizes the best, and rules that strive to create competitive balance, it’s hard to find consistency in the NFL.

That’s why it’s refreshing to know that the team in the nation’s capital is exactly and precisely as functional and focused off the field as on.

Today was supposed to be the debut of “The Man Cave,” on ESPN 980. That’s only interesting because the show was going to be hosted by former Washington Post beat writer Jason Reid, on the station owned by team owner Daniel Snyder.

As is sometimes the case in team-newspaper relationships when the team in question stinks and the newspaper does not, not everyone in the front office was a fan of Reid’s work. Though to the best of our research, he never once got the score of a game wrong, during a stretch when they had exactly one winning season in a seven-year span (40-72).

So this is where it gets interesting.

The show never did go on the air this morning. According to local media blog DCRTV.com, the show was canceled yesterday, and program director Chuck Sapienza (who presumably created the show and hired the talent) was fired as well.

Reid now works at ESPN.com, though his Twitter bio still lists him as the host of that show that never made the air this morning.

According to Dan Steinberg of the Post, a team source said the “widespread perception” was that top team officials “were miffed by the hiring of Reid, a sometimes harsh critic of the team in recent years.”

Because the team has been pretty bad lately, the local talk radio circuit doesn’t have a lot of positive to latch onto. Having done a little radio, let me tell you, there’s only so many times you can rehash that fabled 2005 playoff win, since there hasn’t been another one to go with it since then.

And while no one else has been fired from ESPN 980, it hardly seems coincidental that team president Bruce Allen did an interview on rival station 106.7 The Fan last week.

Perhaps there’s far more to this one than meets the eye.

But boy, on the surface, it sure looks like exactly what it looks like.

Reaction score
The Washington Redskins have lost tight end and special teams ace Niles Paul for the season after the fifth-year veteran fractured and dislocated his left ankle in Thursday night’s preseason opener, Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports.

Paul suffered his injury when Cleveland linebacker Craig Robertson fell on Paul’s ankle and rolled over on it at the end of a first-quarter run play where Paul was blocking.

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but I'm up in VA for the weekend and listening to local sports talk, they're saying RGIII played well (mediocre stats but had a beautiful deep bomb that was just dropped by the receiver that would've been a TD) and that Cousins went 8-8 for 90ish yards and a rushing TD.

Also saying their Dline was winning a lot of individual battles.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a game I'll actually catch part of on NFLN when they replay it. Want to see them as well as Manziel.

I'm already ready for the 2nd and 3rd games when teams put their better players out there enough to actually see something.

Reaction score
I saw the first half. Losing Niles is huge. The Browns have one of the worst rushing defenses in the league last year so not surprised the Skins were able to run on them. RGIII looked good. I thought McCown looked good too. Manziel had some good, some bad. He does look more relaxed in the pocket. I love the Browns jerseys.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but I'm up in VA for the weekend and listening to local sports talk,they're saying RGIII played well (mediocre stats but had a beautiful deep bomb that was just dropped by the receiver that would've been a TD) and that Cousins went 8-8 for 90ish yards and a rushing TD.

Also saying their Dline was winning a lot of individual battles.

No he did not. Not saying that to disparage the Redskins, Cousins was better but against worst competition --- have to keep in perspective. Their Dline... underwhelming. From my observation, the Browns' starters won the match, but don't take my word for it. Yeah, Garcon dropped an easy pass, especially when that pass just hung up there; better teams would not have left him that wide open.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw the first half. Losing Niles is huge. The Browns have one of the worst rushing defenses in the league last year so not surprised the Skins were able to run on them. RGIII looked good. I thought McCown looked good too. Manziel had some good, some bad. He does look more relaxed in the pocket. I love the Browns jerseys.

This says it all. No accounting for taste.

Reaction score
A redskins player could save laz's entire family from a burning building and he still wouldn't say anything nice about him.

Reaction score
The avatar is good, and the beer even better.

The avatar you put together looks like shit. I’m sure the beer is fine and they actually have cool graphics but you butchered it.

You don’t stack text like that. It’s a design no-no. It’s not even spaced correctly. The double blue line is hard on the eyes at that size. The blue isn’t the correct blue and you can see the white halo inside the bull graphic. You didn’t select it properly. The text info is too small, can’t read it and the box around it looks too cut and paste like. The tiny letters should be center spaced, not left justified. The grey background is too dark.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The avatar you put together looks like shit. I’m sure the beer is fine and they actually have cool graphics but you butchered it.

You don’t stack text like that. It’s a design no-no. It’s not even spaced correctly. The double blue line is hard on the eyes at that size. The blue isn’t the correct blue and you can see the white halo inside the bull graphic. You didn’t select it properly. The text info is too small, can’t read it and the box around it looks too cut and paste like. The tiny letters should be center spaced, not left justified. The grey background is too dark.

You the only one that's complained about it.

Look, I'm not trying to sell t-shirts with it. LOL.

But like I said... you like the Browns' unis... nuf said.

Reaction score
All I know is if anyone ever talked shit about my avatar, and I'll cutting throats.

Two things are off limits in my life.... my family, and my avatar.

Reaction score
You the only one that's complained about it.

Look, I'm not trying to sell t-shirts with it. LOL.

But like I said... you like the Browns' unis... nuf said.

And you have no graphic design taste. That was my point you stupid fuck.

Many people like the new Browns jerseys. Two of their players are on the top 10 list.

Cleveland Browns NFL Football Front Page

Just curious. You are misrepresenting what i do for a living. You have done it on multiple occasions. Even so, what is so shameful about printing t-shirts?

What do you do for a living? I know, you won’t say because you’re a fucking loser.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And you have no graphic design taste. That was my point you stupid fuck.

Many people like the new Browns jerseys. Two of their players are on the top 10 list.

Cleveland Browns NFL Football Front Page

Just curious. You are misrepresenting what i do for a living. You have done it on multiple occasions. Even so, what is so shameful about printing t-shirts?

What do you do for a living? I know, you won’t say because you’re a fucking loser.

5 days later...?:awkward

Top Bottom