Reaction score
He's a transition player at a position of need. Nothing to get excited about one way or 'tother.

Glad to see this board has its share of whining pussies. That always keeps things lively, at least.

I tend to be excited when we make solid, reasonable signings of quality role players that will help do the dirty work needed to win football games. Pardon me.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him starting at some point either. He outproduced both of our starting DE's combined last year.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I tend to be excited when we make solid, reasonable signings of quality role players that will help do the dirty work needed to win football games. Pardon me.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him starting at some point either. He outproduced both of our starting DE's combined last year.

I always sort of liked Coleman. I'm just not excited about him (and I know enough not to compare stats from players on two completely different schemes in two different conferences and draw conclusions from the tackle totals).

But the pussy-thing wasn't directed at you. That was meant for X Dawg.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I always sort of liked Coleman. I'm just not excited about him (and I know enough not to compare stats from players on two completely different schemes in two different conferences and draw conclusions from the tackle totals).

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
band-aids people - band-aids.

Coleman ..... really????

Not hating (hope it works out for us) - merely pointing out that a whopping single digit stat for sacks over a five year period mixed with a previous tenure doesn't get me fired up.

If you think that you would be getting the same type of player in Cullen Jenkins, that he was in Green Bay, then you are deluding yourself. Several factors went into Jenkins being the player that he was last year, including it being a contract year. Jenkins got his ring. He's content. He now wants to get paid. The Redskins offerend him a shitload of money. I don't know how much, and uit doesn't matter. We all know the Redskins. Apparently what the Redskins offered him was not enough and so he wanted more, and the Redskins told him to take a hike. And then they went and overpaid for our backup. And now, the Eagles are paying him the exact same amount that the Redskins are paying Bowens. Do you really think the Eagles are going to get the best out of Jenkins?

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Lol. I got no problem with the term 'hater.' But, to be clear, I don't hate you, X Dawg. You're a fellow Cowboy fan, so it's all good in my book. I just think you're acting like a huge pussy in this thread.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So is Kenyon Colemen

Well he's not going anywhere. He's a Cowboy now. And don't see the sense in sitting up here bitching about it. It's not going to change anything. Seriously. What's the point? Ryan wanted him. He coached him in Cleveland. So, that's all I need to know. I think I will go with Ryan over some messageboard fool. Maybe your name is X (Box) Dawg.

Reaction score

lol

I wasn't even focused on that part of your post. Now, im not jumping off the walls, but im glad we are signing reasonable contracts this offseason to quality players and not feeling the need to go the Dan Snyder route and try and lock up all the overpriced FAs to long term deals. Coleman is a solid player for depth on our DL and could possibly start for us and he came here for next to nothing. We should all be happy about a signing like that.

As for the tackle numbers, it shows me that he's in on alot of plays and around the football alot, which is something i can't say about our DE's from last year.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Kenyon Coleman led all Dline in tackles a few years ago. We run a 2-gap defense. A new one at that, headed by a coordinator who he played for. While not Earth-shattering, this was a very necessary signing.

BulldogJones

Spectator
Reaction score
If you think that you would be getting the same type of player in Cullen Jenkins, that he was in Green Bay, then you are deluding yourself. Several factors went into Jenkins being the player that he was last year, including it being a contract year. Jenkins got his ring. He's content. He now wants to get paid. The Redskins offerend him a shitload of money. I don't know how much, and uit doesn't matter. We all know the Redskins. Apparently what the Redskins offered him was not enough and so he wanted more, and the Redskins told him to take a hike. And then they went and overpaid for our backup. And now, the Eagles are paying him the exact same amount that the Redskins are paying Bowens. Do you really think the Eagles are going to get the best out of Jenkins?

I didn't mention Jenkins

Top Bottom