C

Cr122

Now there's a language filter on this board? Ehh.. takes alot of the fun out of it. Thought this board was more open.

Well at least here you can say boob and not get banned. Heck, you can see boobs here if you'd like just go to the Not safe for work boobs thread.

Give me a f u c k i n g break, dude.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't need a rebuttal when you come at me with stupid.

That's right. Dance around it.

Owners are greedy. They want to line their pockets. But the number they have to share to the players has no bearing on the prices to the fans.

Awesome retarded stuff here. That happens all the time in business. Cost goes up, prices stay the same.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Any successful business owner passes the rise in cost right down to his consumer.

It's simple business practice. If it costs me more to supply the product, I'm passing that cost down the line, I'm not eating that cost.

I understand that part of the price hiking is testing the water to see if we'll bite. No question about it. In the end, if the owners take a deal that cuts into their profit, they'll get it back plus some by raising prices on us.

C

Cr122

You guys supporting these players do not see the big picture.

So why don't you go into work tomorrow and ask to speak to the owner about getting 50% of his profits.

I'm sure you'll be fired on the spot.

Cythim

Reaction score
That's right. Dance around it.

Owners are greedy. They want to line their pockets. But the number they have to share to the players has no bearing on the prices to the fans.

Awesome retarded stuff here. That happens all the time in business. Cost goes up, prices stay the same.

You are the ones dancing around it. You fail to acknowledge that prices are going to continue to rise no matter what. Owners are milking every bit of revenue they can and will continue to do so.

Cythim

Reaction score
Any successful business owner passes the rise in cost right down to his consumer.

It's simple business practice. If it costs me more to supply the product, I'm passing that cost down the line, I'm not eating that cost.

I understand that part of the price hiking is testing the water to see if we'll bite. No question about it. In the end, if the owners take a deal that cuts into their profit, they'll get it back plus some by raising prices on us.

The owners were never offered a deal that cuts into their profit, they are trying to create a deal that increases their profit because they know they cannot milk much more revenue from the fans. Anyone who is actually paying attention and knows something about economics will be able to understand this simple fact.

C

Cr122

You are the ones dancing around it. You fail to acknowledge that prices are going to continue to rise no matter what. Owners are milking every bit of revenue they can and will continue to do so.

So what if they do, they own the damn team for Christ sakes.

These players get paid enough in this league. It's ridiculous for them to want 50% of the owners revenue.

Cythim

Reaction score
You guys supporting these players do not see the big picture.

So why don't you go into work tomorrow and ask to speak to the owner about getting 50% of his profits.

I'm sure you'll be fired on the spot.

That is an asinine comment. The sports world works completely different and most leagues pay at least 50% of revenue to the players.

sbk92

Reaction score
If the argument is that prices will always rise, well then I agree. Of course they will. But costs always rise too. It's a direct correlation.

But I believe the owners want to make X and had to opt out of the old CBA to get it. If they don't get it in the new CBA, a price increase is in store for the fans. You can't tell me these are greedy people and then won't pass the buck to the fans should they fail. Doesn't make sense to me.

So no way can I support the players in this. I can't even respect their side, to be honest. I view them as spoiled rotten children.

I mean, look at the guy they have representing them. I wouldn't have him defend me on a parking ticket.

Cythim

Reaction score
So what if they do, they own the damn team for Christ sakes.

These players get paid enough in this league. It's ridiculous for them to want 50% of the owners revenue.

No, it isn't. The players aren't just employees, they are the product on the field as well.

C

Cr122

That is an asinine comment. The sports world works completely different and most leagues pay at least 50% of revenue to the players.

They do? Post an article here that proves it. I don't think they do.

Cythim

Reaction score
If the argument is that prices will always rise, well then I agree. Of course they will. But costs always rise too. It's a direct correlation.

But I believe the owners want to make X and had to opt out of the old CBA to get it. If they don't get it in the new CBA, a price increase is in store for the fans. You can't tell me these are greedy people and then won't pass the buck to the fans should they fail. Doesn't make sense to me.

The question becomes how much of the buck can they pass? If fans allow the owners to increase prices then it is on the fans not the players. Consumers need to be smart and walk away from things they cannot afford.

C

Cr122

I still don't think the players should get 50% of the owners revenue, sorry.

It's bad enough the NBA is gone to shit because of it. It's all about the money and not the love of the game.

I agree they need to get paid but not like that.

Top Bottom