Reaction score
The problem is you're not being realistic. Supporting the players is supporting yourself paying more for the product. If the league's costs go up, yours will too.

I'm sure they'll go up either way, but moreso if the owners take a bath in these negotiations.

I have no respect for the players. Less than none. I root for laundry. Who fills it means nothing to me. When you start talking about having contract talks without the league commissioner and demanding to see all financial records, I'd say you've stepped out of bounds as an NFL player. See ya. Don't need ya. We'll find somebody else to play this game.

That's all well and good.. but you're forgetting who's fault it is that costs have gone up in the first place. Owners are the ones who agree to pay these players more and more ridiculous salaries every year. They set the bar, and they are the reason that salaries keep going up. Now to say, oh the players expect too much?

Well of course they ****ing do, because they know they'll get whatever they ask for because some owner will be greedy at the time and pay whatever it takes but then cry about how they're losing money later. **** that bullshit.

Reaction score
Now there's a language filter on this board? Ehh.. takes alot of the fun out of it. Thought this board was more open.

sbk92

Reaction score
That's all well and good.. but you're forgetting who's fault it is that costs have gone up in the first place. Owners are the ones who agree to pay these players more and more ridiculous salaries every year. They set the bar, and they are the reason that salaries keep going up. Now to say, oh the players expect too much?

Well of course they ****ing do, because they know they'll get whatever they ask for because some owner will be greedy at the time and pay whatever it takes but then cry about how they're losing money later. **** that bullshit.

Even if that's true, what does that mean? That I should hope the players get as much as they can knowing it's gonna cost me in the end? Hell no.

These players are paid way too much. They live lifestyles like kings. They need a reality check and realize how privileged they are.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the owners draw a line in the sand and make an example out of them. Bring on no NFL football for a couple of years. I'll manage without it.

Reaction score
Even if that's true, what does that mean? That I should hope the players get as much as they can knowing it's gonna cost me in the end? Hell no.

These players are paid way too much. They live lifestyles like kings. They need a reality check and realize how privileged they are.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the owners draw a line in the sand and make an example out of them. Bring on no NFL football for a couple of years. I'll manage without it.

No, it means its the owners fault that salaries increase so much and so many ridiculously high contracts are handed out each year, yet you want to somehow blame that on the players, and it makes you sound foolish.

If your boss offered you a much higher salary you would take it in a second not giving any shit at all about how it affected the business overall. So get off your high horse and dive into reality yourself.

The players took what the owners offered, they arn't even asking for more now, the owners are the ones who backed out of their agreement, and now want more and more and are making all these claims of losing money, yet don't want to show any proof of such. They want sympathy from us as fans? lol unreal.

sbk92

Reaction score
No, it means its the owners fault that salaries increase so much and so many ridiculously high contracts are handed out each year, yet you want to somehow blame that on the players, and it makes you sound foolish.

If your boss offered you a much higher salary you would take it in a second not giving any shit at all about how it affected the business overall. So get off your high horse and dive into reality yourself.

The players took what the owners offered, they arn't even asking for more now, the owners are the ones who backed out of their agreement, and now want more and more and are making all these claims of losing money, yet don't want to show any proof of such. They want sympathy from us as fans? lol unreal.

lol Yeah. I sound foolish.

But you....complaining about prices while supporting the side that, if they get what they want, will most undoubtedly mean higher prices....sound like educated and stuff.

That's about the mindset it would take to be dumb enough to support the players.

Reaction score
I wasn't complaining about prices at all.. i believe that was you. I said the reason prices are higher is because the owners have given out ridiculous contracts to players who didn't deserve them, then want to come back later and cry because they are losing money? Its a joke.

I support the players because they arn't the ones asking for more money, and they arn't the ones who backed out of their agreement.

sbk92

Reaction score
I wasn't complaining about prices at all.. i believe that was you. I said the reason prices are higher is because the owners have given out ridiculous contracts to players who didn't deserve them, then want to come back later and cry because they are losing money? Its a joke.

I support the players because they arn't the ones asking for more money, and they arn't the ones who backed out of their agreement.

Oh. Well if you think the prices are in line, by all means....support the players.

I don't. I think it's a f'n joke what it costs to go to games, buy merchandise, buy the Sunday Ticket. It's all way out of line. And I don't see how that doesn't become a worse situation if the owners don't get what they want in the new CBA. I'm not naive enough to think they won't pick through our pockets to make up the difference should the players win.

Plus the owners own the teams. Which is what we root for. Teams. Players come and go. I honestly wouldn't miss a single player in the NFL today should they never play again. Just as long as all the teams do, I'm fine with it.

I find it comical that people think the players have any leverage in these talks. Just shut down the league for a while. Blackball the union leaders, including players. Start back up later with a new set of players and more sanity in the spending. You won't know the difference in ten years and you won't be anal raped financially to enjoy the sport.

You're probably the guy offering words of encouragement on twitter to these players as if you're all on the same side. lol

Reaction score
Again, you're all about yourself in your opinion here, its not necessarily who is right. Im more concerned with how the business is being operated and who's to blame for the fact that i may not have football to watch next season. Honestly merchandise prices arn't any more expensive than those for any other sport, and if you look at the price for going to a baseball game and going to a football game, and you consider how many games each sport has to sell each season, its not that different at all. As long as teams continue to sell out games, the prices won't be going down anytime soon, no matter who "wins" this thing.

So you can either look at it realistically or you can keep cryin lol.

sbk92

Reaction score
Again, you're all about yourself in your opinion here, its not necessarily who is right. Im more concerned with how the business is being operated and who's to blame for the fact that i may not have football to watch next season. Honestly merchandise prices arn't any more expensive than those for any other sport, and if you look at the price for going to a baseball game and going to a football game, and you consider how many games each sport has to sell each season, its not that different at all. As long as teams continue to sell out games, the prices won't be going down anytime soon, no matter who "wins" this thing.

So you can either look at it realistically or you can keep cryin lol.

I'm all about the fans. And 99% of them would agree that they pay too much to follow the NFL.

I'm looking at it very realistically. If the players win, it means worse for the fans. Nothing else matters to me.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
You know what.. they were receiving 60 percent of revenue through the terms of the last CBA THAT THE OWNERS AGREED TO. Now the owners back of of their own deal they agreed to and say they want an extra billion dollars off the top and don't even want to pay the players 50 percent of the total revenue, which IS LESS THAN THEY ALREADY AGREED TO.

The owners signed that knowing they were going to opt out. Hell, everyone knew that. They just wanted to get something done this past season to ensure a football season while the players were being unreasonable. There was no doubt in anyone's mind they were going to opt out, hence the reason that clause was in place to begin with.

Players shouldn't be allowed half of the revenue.. They already get there individual contracts to play the game. They don't need to keep digging into the owners pockets. Its a business... These owners want to make money too. They're not in this just to say they own an NFL team.

Reaction score
So if your employer agrees to a contract with you, it'd be ok for them to just opt out of it and take more money away from you? Please..

The amount the players want isn't unreasonable at all.. look at other CBA's. The NHL CBA for example, the players receiver roughly 53 percent of all revenues. And that is without the owners trying to skim a billion or two off the top.

sbk92

Reaction score
So if your employer agrees to a contract with you, it'd be ok for them to just opt out of it and take more money away from you? Please..

The amount the players want isn't unreasonable at all.. look at other CBA's. The NHL CBA for example, the players receiver roughly 53 percent of all revenues. And that is without the owners trying to skim a billion or two off the top.

I don't care whether the owners screwed the players. It's not my fight. All I care about is what I have to pay for the product.

And, BTW, they simply exercised their opt out clause in the CBA. So to act like they did something underhanded is laughably ignorant to what is going on.

But keep on keeping on defending the side that will cost you more money.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
At best, the only way this shit shakes out is the owners throw a semi good bone to the players. The owners won't lose this battle, IMO.

These players come and go, the teams will always be there. There isn't one player in the league now that is bigger than any team.

I'm with the owners. Holding my nose the whole time, but I'm with them.

Cythim

Reaction score
Oh. Well if you think the prices are in line, by all means....support the players.

I don't. I think it's a f'n joke what it costs to go to games, buy merchandise, buy the Sunday Ticket. It's all way out of line. And I don't see how that doesn't become a worse situation if the owners don't get what they want in the new CBA. I'm not naive enough to think they won't pick through our pockets to make up the difference should the players win.

Plus the owners own the teams. Which is what we root for. Teams. Players come and go. I honestly wouldn't miss a single player in the NFL today should they never play again. Just as long as all the teams do, I'm fine with it.

I find it comical that people think the players have any leverage in these talks. Just shut down the league for a while. Blackball the union leaders, including players. Start back up later with a new set of players and more sanity in the spending. You won't know the difference in ten years and you won't be anal raped financially to enjoy the sport.

You're probably the guy offering words of encouragement on twitter to these players as if you're all on the same side. lol

Your take on this is laughably ignorant. Prices are where they are today because that is what the market dictates. Fans have been proven willing to pay a premium for entertainment and it encompasses all high profile sports, television and movies. Tickets are expensive because people are willing to pay the price. If fans stopped buying tickets the prices would drop. Prices will continue to go up the same as they always have because of inflation and demand. To assume owners would have a heart and take it easy on fans is ridiculous. Owners are willing to screw their employees over to make a buck and do the exact same thing to the fans. I cannot believe how naive you are in thinking siding with the owners will keep prices the same.

sbk92

Reaction score
I think the owners will eventually offer a deal they don't really want to end it before training camp would start. Then you'd have a brief free agency period and maybe a shortened preseason.

I hope I'm wrong. I would enjoy watching the players fold in the fall more than I would watching the games.

sbk92

Reaction score
Your take on this is laughably ignorant. Prices are where they are today because that is what the market dictates. Fans have been proven willing to pay a premium for entertainment and it encompasses all high profile sports, television and movies. Tickets are expensive because people are willing to pay the price. If fans stopped buying tickets the prices would drop. Prices will continue to go up the same as they always have because of inflation and demand. To assume owners would have a heart and take it easy on fans is ridiculous. Owners are willing to screw their employees over to make a buck and do the exact same thing to the fans. I cannot believe how naive you are in thinking siding with the owners will keep prices the same.

Yes. I'm ignorant.

Costs has nothing to do with price.

What else ya got?

sbk92

Reaction score
BTW, I didn't say I think if the owners win the prices will stay the same. People always change your stance when they are on the losing side of an argument.

What I said was it's more likely that prices will increase if the owners lose. Because those same greedy bastard owners everybody's talking about will make their profit one way or the other.

I don't see how anyone can think any differently. If their costs go up, ours go up. It's business 101.

sbk92

Reaction score
Check this out, considering the players' share of the revenue as cost to the owners is simplifying it like a woman.

Top Bottom