Reaction score
saints-super-bowl-brees-paytonjpg-a5d76d3a3d8f8661.jpg

lol

C

Cr122

Erik Williams was a bad ass. Damn, I miss those offensive lines from the 90's.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Erik Williams was a bad ass. Damn, I miss those offensive lines from the 90's.

Remember the 95 NFC Championship game when he destroyed John Jurkovic's knee? He dove headfirst and put his helmet right into the back of it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's probably rated lower because he played the majority of his career at guard, while tackles are more highly regarded.

But he was dominant as a tackle when he played, and you could argue that pound for pound, there was not a better lineman in his era.

A case could be made for Randal McDaniel.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys Rankings in the top 100:

#95 Larry Allen (Fan ranking of 88)
#92 Michael Irvin (Fan Ranking of 40)
#80 Troy Aikman (Fan ranking of 25)
#77 Tony Dorsett (Fan Ranking of 37)
#62 Randy White (Fan Ranking of 72)
#46 Roger Staubach (Fan Ranking of 30)
#28 Emmitt Smith (Fan Ranking of 10)
#26 Bob Lilly (Fan Ranking of 97)

Irvin and Emmitt should be ranked higher. The only RB that wqould be and should be ranked higher than Emmitt is Walter Payton. Surprised that there are that many Cowboys even on the top 100.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where was John Hannah ranked on that list?

The discussion of the 3 greatest OL of alltime is meaningless if it doesnt have Allen, Munoz and Hannah on it in some order.

And 95 is way too low for Allen. He wasnt just the best OL of his day, he might have been the best player regardless of position.

Gene Upshaw could be on that list.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Larry Allen was the most dominant offensive lineman I've ever seen. I don't care that he was a G. He played T for a year at a pro bowl level. He could play anywhere.

Still not my favorite OL here. That vote would go to Erik Williams. The nastiest SOB to ever play his position. And the fact that he was a Philly guy just made it extra sweet.

Nobody dominated Reggie White like Erik Williams.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Remember the 95 NFC Championship game when he destroyed John Jurkovic's knee? He dove headfirst and put his helmet right into the back of it.

LOL. I remember. Jerk-ovic shouted back at him that he would be back. LOL

He never returned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I remember him destroying Reggie White time after time more than that

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd put Sanders ahead of Emmitt as well.

I wouldnt...no comparison on overall level of play IMO...yeah Sanders had lots if highlight runs, but he also constrantly led the league in runs for losses, was taken out on GL situations because he was poor at it, had no heart at all, wasnt much of a receiver and was only a marginal blocker...Emmitt was the total package

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rowdy's being a little extreme.

Sanders had plenty of heart.

He did? Is that why his own teammates called him out for crap like that? People like Chris Speilman and Kevin Glover?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remember him destroying Reggie White time after time more than that

Oh yeah. I remember that MNF game againt Green Bay in 1996 - the field goal game - where Reggie threw a big ass fit afterwards about it.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The one Larry Allen game that I remember the most was Gailey's last year when we played the Colts in Indy. Larry just threw that poor defensive lineman all over the place all game long.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you're a black ******, sure.

It gets no more retarded in thinking Parcells is the G.O.A.T, or that Desean Jackson is the best WR in the divison, but the worse is preferring the best punter over the best CB.

But most people with an understanding of football would list McDaniel as one of the best guards to have played the game.

Top Bottom