Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have it saved on YouTube. I loved watching him play. They could have made five more of those videos with his highlights.

Reaction score
He's probably rated lower because he played the majority of his career at guard, while tackles are more highly regarded.

But he was dominant as a tackle when he played, and you could argue that pound for pound, there was not a better lineman in his era.

Reaction score
He's probably rated lower because he played the majority of his career at guard, while tackles are more highly regarded.

But he was dominant as a tackle when he played, and you could argue that pound for pound, there was not a better lineman in his era.

This. I think Ogden was in the early 70's on the same list. They gave much more love to tackle.

Reaction score
Cowboys Rankings in the top 100:

#95 Larry Allen (Fan ranking of 88)
#92 Michael Irvin (Fan Ranking of 40)
#80 Troy Aikman (Fan ranking of 25)
#77 Tony Dorsett (Fan Ranking of 37)
#62 Randy White (Fan Ranking of 72)
#46 Roger Staubach (Fan Ranking of 30)
#28 Emmitt Smith (Fan Ranking of 10)
#26 Bob Lilly (Fan Ranking of 97)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Where was John Hannah ranked on that list?

The discussion of the 3 greatest OL of alltime is meaningless if it doesnt have Allen, Munoz and Hannah on it in some order.

And 95 is way too low for Allen. He wasnt just the best OL of his day, he might have been the best player regardless of position.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;DFcWMC9vkZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg[/video]

Typical saints fan with the Santa cap on. I have to deal with them on the road here in NW LA on a daily basis. Bunch of dumb asses who've never won anything.

sbk92

Reaction score
Larry Allen was the most dominant offensive lineman I've ever seen. I don't care that he was a G. He played T for a year at a pro bowl level. He could play anywhere.

Still not my favorite OL here. That vote would go to Erik Williams. The nastiest SOB to ever play his position. And the fact that he was a Philly guy just made it extra sweet.

Reaction score
Larry Allen was the most dominant offensive lineman I've ever seen. I don't care that he was a G. He played T for a year at a pro bowl level. He could play anywhere.

Still not my favorite OL here. That vote would go to Erik Williams. The nastiest SOB to ever play his position. And the fact that he was a Philly guy just made it extra sweet.

Big E was a beast. As was Allen. 1997 All-Pro in his first year at LT.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its scary to think what might have been with an OL of Erik Williams in his prime had their been no car accident, along with Allen all those years. Williams was still pretty good when he returned, but he wasnt as dominant as he was pre-injury.

Reaction score
Typical saints fan with the Santa cap on. I have to deal with them on the road here in NW LA on a daily basis. Bunch of dumb asses who've never won anything.

saints-super-bowl-brees-paytonjpg-a5d76d3a3d8f8661.jpg

Top Bottom