superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It bears noting (pun intended, I slay me) that it was the Bears who Price was traded to last year, and they cut him before the season.

That could've been because he wasn't ready to return to action. But it seems like IR would be an option there. So maybe Marinelli/Lovie, etc didn't like him.

I just now thought of that.
Sometimes you just can't keep everyone you want to keep.

See Amendola, Danny.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Bears coach Marc Trestman says Rod Marinelli will move on. Translation: Cowboys are the expected landing spot, reuniting with Monte Kiffin.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Question is...isnt melton and ratliff the same player in the 4-3? Who is taking on double teams and sacrificing the sacks?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Uncomfortable thought: If this all works, don't you have to give Jerry credit for it? Because this undoubtedly is all his doing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Marinelli expected to join Kiffin in Dallas

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 17, 2013, 1:28 PM EST

AP
New Bears coach Marc Trestman just mentioned that defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli had chosen to leave the team.

And Marinelli apparently has a destination in mind.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Marinelli is expected to go to Dallas to join the staff of new Cowboys defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

Marinelli was the line coach on Kiffin’s defensive staff in Tampa Bay, and their background should help in their transition from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Uncomfortable thought: If this all works, don't you have to give Jerry credit for it? Because this undoubtedly is all his doing.

Unfortunately, YES, we'd have to give Jerry credit. But hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(I fucking HATE jerry jones)

Reaction score

Jerry has always been more than capable of hiring good coaches. That's why I hate him so much. He knew Jimmy and Parcells would be great. He even admitted it in that video about using Parcells to get the stadium.

He also knows a puppet when he sees one. I think he knew as much as anyone that we were very close after that '06 season, so he decided to take the spotlight back.

It's all ego. Fuck him. What he doesn't understand is that his legacy is sealed at this point.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
who is jlc? And y is there a thread that says he is already dl coach?

Top Bottom