cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see the Kirkpatrick/Revis comparison..at all.

Reaction score
It's telling to me that he comes out and says the back half of our defense is bad, and then says the Oline is "young."

That re-affirms in my mind that the team is justifying our struggling line to youth, and that Arkin, Costa, Kowalski, Nagy, etc will get better as they get older.

Dre Kirkpatrick is our 1st round pick. Get used to it.

I'd take Kirkpatrick over Dennard, but I'd prefer DeCastro at this point. But I'm sure we'll take the top rated CB on the board since we are solely fixated on the secondary now.

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jenkins needs to stay on the field, bottom line! He's the most talented CB on the team, he plays the ball well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd take Kirkpatrick over Dennard, but I'd prefer DeCastro at this point. But I'm sure we'll take the top rated CB on the board since we are solely fixated on the secondary now.

First, you have no idea if this is true or not.

Second, it was very arguably the worst part of the team, so they should be fixated on correcting the issues back there. The other two would be getting another pass rusher and upgrading a couple spots on the OL.

Reaction score
First, you have no idea if this is true or not.

Second, it was very arguably the worst part of the team, so they should be fixated on correcting the issues back there. The other two would be getting another pass rusher and upgrading a couple spots on the OL.

It definitely needs to be addressed. I just don't want to see us zero in on one area like we have in the past even to the point of bypassing better talent at other positions.

Reaction score
Our secondary hasn't been the same since Goodrich, Edwards, and Larrimore retired.

Viva la 2000 Cowboys draft.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Kirkpatrick is listed at 6'2, 192

Revis is listed at 5'11, 198

They both play a pretty physical style

lol what? So Kirkpatrick is 3 inches taller and 5 pounds lighter and they play similiar? They really don't at all. Kirkpatrick isn't physical and will get worked at the next level.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I'd rather draft Decastro and sign Finnegan. The CB class this year is deep. Guys like Minnifield and Boykin will be there in the 2nd and are not that far off from Kirky IMO

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol what? So Kirkpatrick is 3 inches taller and 5 pounds lighter and they play similiar? They really don't at all. Kirkpatrick isn't physical and will get worked at the next level.

Almost every game I watch, everyone talks about how physical he is with WR's.

Top Bottom