Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He actually came out and said the back end of our defense is not good and needs lots of help.

Then followed it up with the offense line is young and we are trying to improve there.

So at least he realized the secondary s bad.

He also sounded like they already know they are going to sign Robinson. Said he loves it here, knows his role and likes it.

But he then sad we have alot of competition there with radway, Holmes and harris....talked about it being a big strength.

I got the impression that we are going to be big players in free agency, he spent a bunch of time talking about how you can improve immediately, then it was like he caught himself and said that isn't how I believe you build a team though.....it was like he was throwing that out there just so people don't say that to him

Anyway I got the Impression we will at least have van exciting week or so of free agency.

Reaction score
jerry jones should make his son the GM. at least stephan jones knows what he's talking about.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He actually came out and said the back end of our defense is not good and needs lots of help.

Then followed it up with the offense line is young and we are trying to improve there.

So at least he realized the secondary s bad.

He also sounded like they already know they are going to sign Robinson. Said he loves it here, knows his role and likes it.

But he then sad we have alot of competition there with radway, Holmes and harris....talked about it being a big strength.

I got the impression that we are going to be big players in free agency, he spent a bunch of time talking about how you can improve immediately, then it was like he caught himself and said that isn't how I believe you build a team though.....it was like he was throwing that out there just so people don't say that to him

Anyway I got the Impression we will at least have van exciting week or so of free agency.

I've been saying this.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Get the fuck outta here?

Competition with Radway?

One guy just posted 11 TDs, the other broke his leg months ago.

Hopefully this is just him throwing chum in the water trying to get Robinson's agent to bit at a lower deal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Get the fuck outta here?

Competition with Radway?

One guy just posted 11 TDs, the other broke his leg months ago.

Hopefully this is just him throwing chum in the water trying to get Robinson's agent to bit at a lower deal.

I dont think he meant for Robinson's slot. I think he meant depth overall. There are some talented guys at the 4-5-6 spots, and Radway may be the most physically talented WR on the roster when you take into account just things like size, speed and athletic ability. He would hav definitely made the team as a rookie fi not for the broken leg.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dont think he meant for Robinson's slot. I think he meant depth overall. There are some talented guys at the 4-5-6 spots, and Radway may be the most physically talented WR on the roster when you take into account just things like size, speed and athletic ability. He would hav definitely made the team as a rookie fi not for the broken leg.

No he didn't, he basically made it sound like there was no question we will sign Robinson.

Then he called the position a strength and said we have good competition there with radway who would have made the team plus Harris and Holmes who they like.

By the way, I never posted it but Harris was on the post game show after the eagles game and he said he was sent to the practice squad because the team was not happy about his conditioning and thought he was too thick and they wanted him to go get in better shape.

Hopefully we end up with five guys next year who can really play.

Reaction score
It's funny we get excited when someone in the front office recognizes what most fans have known all year, that the secondary and OL are our biggest needs. It is a good sign but sad that we have to doubt if anyone in management will notice this.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's funny we get excited when someone in the front office recognizes what most fans have known all year, that the secondary and OL are our biggest needs. It is a good sign but sad that we have to doubt if anyone in management will notice this.

What's sad to me is the reason the secondary is so bad is because the front office can not identify talent to save there lives in this area of the team.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Isn't Kosier still under contract? Didn't get just sign a 3 year 9 mil dollar deal? I understand why people want 2 new guards..but I think we will only get 1..

Smith
Kosier
New center
New rg
Free

My guess at our line next yr

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's sad to me is the reason the secondary is so bad is because the front office can not identify talent to save there lives in this area of the team.

wouldnt totally agree with this...T Newman had talent. Mike Jenkins has alot of talent. Scandrick was a late middle round pick but has talent (just no ball skills)

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Not just that, but they have resorted no resources to finding a safety besides signing JAGs there to one-year deals.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
wouldnt totally agree with this...T Newman had talent. Mike Jenkins has alot of talent. Scandrick was a late middle round pick but has talent (just no ball skills)

This group didn't draft Newman.

Jenkins is an enigma. Always hurt and really has only played at a high level down the stretch in 09. Very much a disappointment to me considering where he was drafted. Right there with what Spencer is this year. Simply not a payable guy after next season. Too up and down.

If your first round corners and linebackers are not good enough to resign when there deals are up, you have a serious problem in the front office. Carpenter from the parcells-Ireland-gaine front office, Spencer from the Ireland/ciskowski-gaine-Phillips and now Jenkins from the ciskowski-Phillips brain trust.

And if course Jerry is right in the mix with all of them.

Simply not god enough and a serious problem.

Scandrick is scrappy and plays he way a mid round nickel corner does on almost every team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This group didn't draft Newman.

Jenkins is an enigma. Always hurt and really has only played at a high level down the stretch in 09. Very much a disappointment to me considering where he was drafted. Right there with what Spencer is this year. Simply not a payable guy after next season. Too up and down.

If your first round corners and linebackers are not good enough to resign when there deals are up, you have a serious problem in the front office. Carpenter from the parcells-Ireland-gaine front office, Spencer from the Ireland/ciskowski-gaine-Phillips and now Jenkins from the ciskowski-Phillips brain trust.

And if course Jerry is right in the mix with all of them.

Simply not god enough and a serious problem.

Scandrick is scrappy and plays he way a mid round nickel corner does on almost every team.

Totally disagree with you about Jenkins

Also, if the right person ever gets working with Scandrick he could end up being pretty good. He seems to play with good technqiue and is almost with his guy, he just doesnt play the ball well.

Spencer may or may not get another contract here, we'll have to see

Reaction score
It's telling to me that he comes out and says the back half of our defense is bad, and then says the Oline is "young."

That re-affirms in my mind that the team is justifying our struggling line to youth, and that Arkin, Costa, Kowalski, Nagy, etc will get better as they get older.

Dre Kirkpatrick is our 1st round pick. Get used to it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's telling to me that he comes out and says the back half of our defense is bad, and then says the Oline is "young."

That re-affirms in my mind that the team is justifying our struggling line to youth, and that Arkin, Costa, Kowalski, Nagy, etc will get better as they get older.

Dre Kirkpatrick is our 1st round pick. Get used to it.

I dont know that for sure, but he wouldnt be a bad pick at all. If he runs well though I dont expect him to be there at the 14th pick.

By the way many have compared him quite favorably to Derrelle Revis in their size and style of play. Interestingly enough, Revis was the 14th pick of the 2007 draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

This is generally true you know. That combined with time in real strength training programs plus a natural filling out and they could indeed becomes solid contributors.

I'm not as high on Costa as I am Kowalski or Arkin, but Costa could have a longtime role in the league as a backup swing G/C

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I dont know that for sure, but he wouldnt be a bad pick at all. If he runs well though I dont expect him to be there at the 14th pick.

By the way many have compared him quite favorably to Derrelle Revis in their size and style of play. Interestingly enough, Revis was the 14th pick of the 2007 draft.

Kirkpatrick and Revis are nothing alike. Kirkpatrick is 6"3.

Top Bottom