Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Idk, a sideline pass wouldn't be my idea of support. It's more like a perk, but then again I am just a regular joe poster.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well he was there. That being true there was no reason for him to be morose the entire time. I don't get why people care.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Because it was in poor taste? He had as much right to be there as Prince Bandar.

Taste is subjective. Your focus might be seeing Brent punished while the Cowboys focus might be helping their teammate get through a very tough time in his life by allowing him to come to work. Not actually work, but just be there to have a little escape from the shit he's got himself into.

I understand fans and nascar moms everywhere might have been mortified to see him on the sideline but their opinions aren't really relevant. The people who matter decided that helping Brent is more important than punishing him right now (the punishment will come) so everyone else really ought to just zip it.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
bbgun and iamtdg - "The Taste Arbiters" of things that don't affect them.

It wasn't appropriate. I don't give a damn what Mama Brown asked them to do. He shouldn't have been on the sidelines. It's not only sending a poor message, but it's also supporting him in what he has done. Hell, they might as well come out and say it was okay what he did. Because he's family. He just made a booboo. Oopsie. All forgiven. Welcome back, prodigal son.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
See? You're obsessed with his punishment, rather than support and rehabilitation. I thought it was in excellent taste. Get your priorities straight Goebbels.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
See? You're obsessed with his punishment, rather than support and rehabilitation. I thought it was in excellent taste. Get your priorities straight Goebbels.

His punishment should be apart of his rehabilitation, Stalin.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, but you seem to be under the impression that because it's not happening immediately and in exactly the fashion you desire that this is suddenly offensive (to who, I have no idea...maybe the panty-bunch-brigade) and in poor taste.

He'll be punished. Right now it's good for him to have a support structure, and if everyone who actually matters wanted him there then you'd have to be a moron to argue against it - as though the detached feelings of someone who's never met, interacted with or probably ever even heard of Jerry Brown before he died are more important or relevant or "correct" than the feelings of people who knew and loved him.

gtfover yourselves

Iamtdg

Reaction score
They can support him without putting him on public display like they are condoning his actions. Inappropriate.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
< - REBUTTAL WHERE I JUST IGNORE EVERYTHING YOU SAID AND RESTATE MY POINTLESSLY IDIOTIC OPINION - >

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not trying to single you out. (You're my boy, Blue) But I think people are over reacting to this. (being on the sideline). Yes, what happened was horrible. It was a retarded decision made by both him and Brown to drive in the shape they were in. But like I said above, it is a retarded decision many of us have made in the past. The only difference being, we were lucky enough not to have this happen to us.

I don't think him being on the sideline was wrong. He was a friend and team mate, and they are only trying to show support. Show him that while what happened was horrible, they are still there for him. The same support I'd imagine our friends would try show us if the same had happened to us.

People are acting like this was a premeditated, planned killing. Not even close. Him and his best friend went out for a good time, made a terrible decision, and a tragedy happened as the result. But there was no malicious intent.

~fist bump~

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Taste is subjective.

Indeed, and the convention wisdom is that it was inappropriate.

Your focus might be seeing Brent punished while the Cowboys focus might be helping their teammate get through a very tough time in his life by allowing him to come to work. Not actually work, but just be there to have a little escape from the shit he's got himself into.

They can do that on Monday through Saturday, not in front of a national TV audience. He served no purpose being there. He was enjoying himself, not coaching his teammates or offering "insight."

I understand fans and nascar moms everywhere might have been mortified to see him on the sideline but their opinions aren't really relevant.

?

So unless we're in a position of power in the Cowboy organization, we shouldn't offer opinions? Bizarre.

The people who matter decided that helping Brent is more important than punishing him right now (the punishment will come) so everyone else really ought to just zip it.

So whatever they say goes? Their actions can't be questioned or second guessed? Did I wake up in a fascist dictatorship or something?

I don't give a shit if Mama Brown is cool with this, and I seriously doubt that she envisioned him on the sideline yukking it up while her son decomposes. Jerry sent a terrible message.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"My feelings are more important than people who are actually involved in the tragedy and knew/loved/were related to Jerry Brown"

Just type that next time.

Reaction score
lol

Be real. It's all good bc he killed a PS player that no one ever even heard of.

Would everyone be cool with him rehabilitating with his "family" on the sideline if he had killed Romo or Ware?

I do enjoy Garrett celebrating the incident and promoting it to secure his job though. Classier than sabotaging Wade to get the job in the first place.

Reaction score
Just curious. Have you ever driven after drinking? Ridden with someone who had been drinking? I have.

Indeed I'm sure we've all gotten buzzed and jumped a harley over cop cars in our time, but didn't he already have a DUI? Also, when you've driven drunk, I'm sure you didn't try to emulate a race car driver.

Either way, these guys live by a completely different set of rules. They have car services and even groupie fans who would happily get them home. I'm sure that every team got bitched out after the Stallworth incident, so these players know what to do if they're planning on getting hammered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom