bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So, was Boomer Esiason right to slam the Cowboys for this move?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not maybe for him being on the sidelines per se. My biggest issue was how he was acting though; he was standing around yukking it up like he was simply inactive due to some type of injury to himself. Like nothing had happened. I don't think the effects of shock linger that long.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not maybe for him being on the sidelines per se. My biggest issue was how he was acting, he was standing around yukking it up like he was simply inactive due to some type of injury to himself. Like nothing had happened. I don't think the effects of shock linger that long.

Mark this day down, me and Sacamano agree on something.

I was bothered by him appearing to be having such a great time. If he was "mourning" it sure didnt appear that way.

All that said, I was surprised he was allowed out there. I could have understood them putting him up in a box somewhere maybe to watch the game, but on the sideline didnt seem appropriate.

Reaction score
Not sure why he'd want to be there

But phony outrage does nothing for browns family. If they want a payoff, leave them be.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It was ridiculous that they allowed this. He killed someone with his dumbass actions. He should already be removed from the team, but since he isn't we bring him onto the sideline with the rest of the team he let down?

But, really, the bigger issue I have is that a person that just killed a human being would not have the morals to say "You know what, I don't think it's time for me to be walking on that sidelines." He should be ashamed of himself. Not only for killing someone but for also acting like all is cool on national TV.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What makes it weird is that Sean Lee doesn't appear to be standing on the sidelines, yet Josh Brent is? A little weird.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know.

I would have had him in a skybox/suite.

But who knows?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't know.

I would have had him in a skybox/suite.

But who knows?

Ho doesn't even need to be at the training facilities, IMO. Let alone being facilitated at the game. Really bad decision by the organization.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I tend to agree, but I'm kinda whatever on it at this point.

Weird situation with the victim's parents being so supportive of Brent. That has kinda made this a really different situation, IMO.

Reaction score
It didn’t really bother me that much. I thought it was a little soon, but doesn’t bring me outrage or anything.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ho doesn't even need to be at the training facilities, IMO. Let alone being facilitated at the game. Really bad decision by the organization.

I'm not 100% sure, but they may not actually be able to keep him away altogether.

IIRC they were talking to the league office several times last week about what they could and couldnt do with him. The players association would be involved as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Weird situation with the victim's parents being so supportive of Brent. That has kinda made this a really different situation, IMO.

I cant speak about all other situation, but when I was in high school a simialr situation happened to a couple guys a couple years ahead of me. Driver lived but passenger was killed, and they were best friends. The kids parents wanted the other one at the funeral etc etc.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but they may not actually be able to keep him away altogether.

IIRC they were talking to the league office several times last week about what they could and couldnt do with him. The players association would be involved as well.

If they had outright cut him he couldn't have been at the facility or on the sidelines.

I do think the Cowboys did well by keeping an eye on him so he didn't hurt himself, but once that passed, they should have cut ties.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

If the 9ers can suspend Jacobs and 86 him from the club over twitter, I'm sure the Cowboys could do the same with a dumbfuck who killed someone.

Top Bottom