cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First, we're nowhere near 10 players away

Second, the odds of getting really excellent players are a much higher % when you draft earlier. Therefore getting one guy who might be a perennial probowler or difference maker would be better than drafting a lesser guy 4 or 5 spots later, along with the likely 3rd rd pick (or whatever) you migth be giving up.

Right now with where we are, quality >>> quantity IMO

pretty close to 10
1 DE
2 S
3 Interior OL (C/G)
4 OLB
5 3rd WR
6 CB
7 OLB
8 P
9 T

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
pretty close to 10
1 DE
2 S
3 Interior OL (C/G)
4 OLB
5 3rd WR
6 CB
7 OLB
8 P
9 T

Dont really see #8 or #9 as a problem at all. CB depth is an issue. But we have our top 3 guys for this year in place. 3rd WR is a concern, but we filled that hole with a walk in off the street after final cutdown guy last yr.

You listed OLB twice genius

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dont really see #8 or #9 as a problem at all. CB depth is an issue. But we have our top 3 guys for this year in place. 3rd WR is a concern, but we filled that hole with a walk in off the street after final cutdown guy last yr.

You listed OLB twice genius

I did, I counted 8 in my head and was wondering why I had 9 there....

Punter : I'm not convinced Chris Jones is a sure thing.
Tackle : We have 3 tackles on the roster and Parnell is unproven. Most teams carry 4.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know why people don't want us to trade up. This team is like sheik is saying, 10 players away from turning us into a contender. So how about we get at least 5 players who aren't shitty in this draft? Sign a few mid-level free agents next year again for depth, and add 5 more players in 2013's draft.

If anyone is expecting more than 2 or 3 players to help us out immediately from this draft, they are kidding themselves.

Just do like I do, already chock up 2012 as a wasted season. Hopefully we've had a culture change around here that makes us more competitive. But we're too behind the 8-ball to be anything but a competitive team that either barely makes the postseason or misses it altogether.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know why people don't want us to trade up. This team is like sheik is saying, 10 players from making us a contender. So how about we get at least 5 players who aren't shitty in this draft? Sign a few mid-level free agents next year again for depth, and add 5 more players in 2013's draft.

If anyone is expecting more than 2 or 3 players to help us out immediately from this draft, they are kidding themselves.

how does trading up help us get more players? I'm all for trading up from 45 back into the 1st but it's going to cost us a 3rd and probably a 4th, 2 players.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
how does trading up help us get more players? I'm all for trading up from 45 back into the 1st but it's going to cost us a 3rd and probably a 4th, 2 players.

Wut? I'm saying improve the quantity of our draft by trading up 1 or 2 times.

That generally means that you're going to end up with less picks than when you started out. But will have better players than you were slotted to draft.

I'm hearing talk of drafting depth. Pff, mid-level free agents are there for that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wut? I'm saying improve the quantity of our draft by trading up 1 or 2 times.

That generally means that you're going to end up with less picks than when you started out. But will have better players than you were slotted to draft.

I'm hearing talk of drafting depth. Pff, mid-level free agents are there for that.

I'm with you as far as moving up and getting better players. I just didn't understand how trading up got us "more" players.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Meh, he still fucked up because my 1st post said nothing about adding more players by trading up.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fuck trading down..up or stay.. This team has proven time after time that when we move down, we fail..

Not interested..

This team is the Roy Williams of safeties.. Good moving forward.. Awful moving backwards

Top Bottom