Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure making a few hundred thousand dollars from just about the only team willing to pay you that much plays no part in "battling".

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett has this coaching step-by-step list that he's compiled from all the great coaches he's talked to over the years that he simply won't deviate from or change. Because changing it up would require another round of coach interviews.

HA! So in all those interviews, he's failed to learn the the more prominent aspect: be original.

Garrett is described as being risk averse, yet all the coaches he's interviewed were none of that.

Reaction score
Its sickening how ridiculously conservative he is.

but he did get aggressive in that game that didn't matter last year to close the season vs Washington with the unexpected onside kick, way to go out on a limb there chief.

I would think it drives the wildcatter part of jerri nuts

I'm not sure he is truly conservative.
I think he doesn't know that he doesn't know.
In his mind I'm sure he thinks he is modeling the Brady/Moss offense (because Belichick referred to passing deep on short yardage downs as "aggressive" and almost like clockwork Jason goes 5 wide right after a run of 7 or more yards or when he should be running out the clock), and I think that he refers to his system like its a complete playbook when it's just a bunch of conditions which lead to or gauge the distance of vertical pass patterns. His personnel choices for those coached by Norv or those with high character and great college stats but rather vanilla or feeble NFL level skills still suggests that he has no clue.

The biggest indicator of his immaturity and ignorance is still the game management: he really has not improved. How important is game management? How important is it to desperately manage a series, a score, a quarter, a half and a game to a victory? How important is it that your players repeat your mantras week after week after you have abandoned the ship in the storm when you are supposed to be steering them clear of the storm?

This is not an intentionally conservative coach. This is an idiot. From the Greek root for "one who cannot see beyond himself".

How is an idiot supposed to see many, when his vision is only himself?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly if this stooge is back as HC I might not watch next year, its just not worth it.

All things considered this has to be one of the worst coaching jobs in modern NFL history.

Reaction score
Honestly if this stooge is back as HC I might not watch next year, its just not worth it.

Ive gone from being a die hard fan, to rooting for losses now just so this guy can get shit canned. My fandom has died. But you put a new coach on the same sideline, and I'll be just as big a homer as I've always been.

The fraud head coach disgusts me.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1.) Regardless of how the final month of the season plays out, Jason Garrett's job is safe. Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones has said on multiple occasions that he's been impressed with how the team continues to battle despite the disappointing record. A lot of that credit goes to the head coach.

"I think Jason is a tremendous coach," Jones said Friday afternoon on 105.3 The Fan's Ben and Skin show [KRLD-FM]. "I think he's done a great job with this football team. ... If you watch Jason's football teams, they really play hard for him. We've had some unfortunate breaks in terms of injuries and other things, but Jason, in our mind, is a great football coach and he's going to remain the coach of the Cowboys for many years to come."

Trying to be cautiously optimistic here, but in truth... what would you expect Stephen to say? He wouldn't come out and say, "NO. GARRETT'S GONE AFTER THIS SEASON!". There was still a chance for the Cowboys to make the playoffs.

We all are familiar with the Jones' saying one thing and then doing another. I'm hoping that this is one of those cases. But the truth... the only way Garrett could get fired from the Cowboys would be if he were to harm any of the Jones' children. I cannot see anything outside of that for Garrett to get fired.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only thing that I like about Gruden is it seemed like he took no shit off of Al Davis, Jerry's dad.

It would be about as close to a Bill Parcells hire as you could get, imo.

I think I'd prefer a dead Al Davis to a live Jerry. Al Davis, is memorized as saying, "JUST WIN BABY!" And he meant it. Garrett would have been fired after his second 8-8 season.

Reaction score
mc6xchljxuxox6uxidam.jpg

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Wade got such a shitty deal considering the loyalty the Jones' have shown Garrett.

But yea, Id be shocked if Garrett gets fired with a few games left. If this happens, it's gonna happen when the season is up.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Just signed the fuck to a big new deal, he really can't fire him without signing a HUGE check, can he?

Part of me thinks that buys Garrett at least one more year but the other part thinks Jerry is loaded.. If he wants a change no amount of money will stop him.

Top Bottom