cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/05/jerry-jones-gets-booed-in-his-own-building/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT

AP
When Cowboys owner Jerry Jones built a state-of-the-art stadium five years ago, he embarked on using it for big events unrelated to the NFL team he owns. And he has; a Super Bowl, multiple college football games, and other activities have kept the building occupied on some of the 355 days per year when the Cowboys aren’t playing there.

On Saturday, the House That Jerry Built is hosting the Final Four. And Jerry is there. And Jerry was shown on the giant drive-in movie screen that hovers over the playing surface.

And Jerry was booed.

While he deserves criticism for the current state of a team that won thee Super Bowls during his first seven years of ownership, folks who live in Texas can attend the Final Four because of Jones’ efforts. For that, he deserves to be applauded.

He may not currently deserve to be applauded for anything related to his football team, but he definitely deserves to be applauded for building a stadium that has attracted to North Texas the Final Four.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
and no he does not "deserve" to be applauded, for anything.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LMAO!!! The last time they tried that at a Cowboy game he got booed twice and they had to pull him off the jumbotron. I love that he can't even show his face on his bigass TV without getting booed, lolololol

Reaction score
Glad to hear there are more intelligent fans than there are Hostiles and Casmiths.

Hurry up and die, Jerry

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is a part of me that feels bad for him just from the business perspective. How many final fours have been in Arlington?

I can understand if you're a Cowboys fan and he's shown in the screen, but I know they weren't all Cowboys fans and none of them would be there if it weren't for Jerry.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, that's great news.

Getting booed again will surely make Jerry change his ways.

Reaction score
Well, that's great news.

Getting booed again will surely make Jerry change his ways.

Change his ways?

Nope. But you have to know that jerry worries too much for someone in his position about what other people think about him. Hence is 20 year quest to earn his peers respect.

Last time he was boo'd on the jumbo tron he told the staff not to show his face the rest of the year.

So this causes him heartache. Which I'm happy about since he's holding my fandom hostage.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jerry didn't bring the Final Four or anything to Texas "for the fans".
Yes,the college basketball fans should enjoy the show,but Jerry's motivation will always be self glorification and money.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
What the fuck do I care about how he feels, or whether or not he thinks he's getting respect.

Does it change how he does things? No?

Ok. ~yawn~

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Change his ways?

Nope. But you have to know that jerry worries too much for someone in his position about what other people think about him. Hence is 20 year quest to earn his peers respect.

Last time he was boo'd on the jumbo tron he told the staff not to show his face the rest of the year.

So this causes him heartache. Which I'm happy about since he's holding my fandom hostage.
Exactly.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BkfcoOtCMAAbUW0.jpg

Reaction score
What the fuck do I care about how he feels, or whether or not he thinks he's getting respect.

Does it change how he does things? No?

Ok. ~yawn~

Yeah well.... Thats like, your opinion, man.

Top Bottom