Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Was listening to the Fan for a while earlier and I think Arnold said it was only a mile or so from where Brent wrecked?

If it were farther west where all that hellish construction is, well, that's hard to negotiate sober. Can't believe there aren't a dozen wrecks a day there.

Ratliff was probably in the process of pouring his 40 out the window, "to all my dead homieOHSHIT...

Reaction score
I love how the National media is ignoring this arrest/story...

Cowboy fans we are finally becoming irrelevant. :towel

Thank you Tim Brown

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He'd have to be on the roster, wouldn't he?

You keep him around just for a fraction of his base salary? No thanks.

If the league suspends him, he'd go on reserve/suspended list or NFI and doesnt count towards the 53 man roster. The Cowboys would get credit back for the salary (prorated if less than a year)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He'd have to be on the roster, wouldn't he?

You keep him around just for a fraction of his base salary? No thanks.

If the league suspends him, he'd go on reserve/suspended list or NFI and doesnt count towards the 53 man roster. The Cowboys would get credit back for the salary (prorated if less than a year)

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I wanted Warmack but this is just getting ridiculous. If they don't address OL and DL in the opening two rounds, we are very screwed.

This is where I'm at @ the moment. Feels like we have even MORE holes than 2 years ago.

Reaction score
Last night news broke that Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Jay Ratliff was arrested early Tuesday on a charge of driving while intoxicated. Today, Grapevine police have released documents and recordings of 911 calls that provide more details concerning the accident on State Highway 114 — and what happened after, when the arresting officer checked to see whether the football player was in fact inebriated.

According to Grapevine Police Officer Eric Barch’s search warrant affidavit, at 12:36 a.m. Tuesday he was dispatched to the 2800 block of E. State Highway 114, where it had been reported that a pick-up truck and 18-wheeler had collided. When he arrived, Barch writes, he found a black Ford F-150 with “major damage to the driver side of the vehicle.” The 31-year-old Ratliff identified himself as the driver of the pick-up.

Another officer showed up to speak to the driver of the 18-wheeler, J.R. Wilson, which left Barch free to talk to Ratliff. And, he writes, at first it didn’t appear the Cowboy was drunk — but that may have been “because I was upwind from him,” says the officer. And, he writes, “Ratliff was not slurring his words and seemed to be moving around quite well given the wreck.” Still, the officer notes, “nighttime wrecks often involve intoxicated motorists.”

He goes on: “Ratliff appeared to be in excellent physical condition. In my experience people who are in good physical condition can mask intoxication very well with regard to speech and balance.” Given all that, the officer “felt I would be remiss in not investigating the possibility of DWI further in Ratliff.”

So they kept talking, and Barch writes that “in speaking with Ratliff a second time I could smell the moderate odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from his breath.” The officer gave Ratliff the once-over and noted that his eyes were indeed “bloodshot and watered.” He asked Ratliff where he’d been. The Cowboy answered: in Arlington, “chillin’ with a homegirl.” He was heading to his Southlake home, he said. Barch was confused: “I did not understand how Ratliff ended up on the Irving/Grapevine border.” Ratliff told him he was just doing what his GPS told him.

At which point Barch decided to give him the three-part Standardized Field Sobriety Test. And he failed all three parts, which is when Barch arrested Ratliff for DWI and took him to the Grapevine jail. Ratliff disputed the findings of the test.

“After arrest Ratliff began complaining of prior injuries that could have affected his ability to perform the Walk and Turn and One Leg Stand portions” of the test, Barch writes. “I neglected to ask Ratliff prior to the test about any pre-existing conditions, but he also neglected to inform me of such.” Besides, says Barch, Ratliff seemed to be moving around just fine at the crash scene.

“At the jail Ratliff’s demeanor changed considerably,” Barch says. “While on scene Ratliff was cooperative and courteous, but upon arrival to the jail Ratliff’s mood shifted from cooperative to verbally abusive several times.”
Barch took Ratliff to the Intoxilyzer Room to test his breath; Ratliff, he says, refused. And he stopped answering the officer’s questions. At that point, Barch went and got search warrant that allowed a blood draw, the results of which won’t be available for a little more than a week.

Ratliff was released from the Grapevine jail after posting $500 bond Tuesday mornin

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think I've heard it an automatic loss of license to refuse the breathalyzer in a couple of states.

Not like it matters for him, I bet they just smiled and said, "give me 10 minutes and be sure to have your arm exposed when I return".

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's in pretty much every state as when you get your license you sign that waiver saying it's a privilege to drive and not a right.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The whole thing sounds like he was drunk. He hit the fucking thing on the drivers side? Guess semi's are hard to miss when you're driving next to one.

He started complaining about injuries fucking up his sobriety test? Sure, Jay. You couldn't recount the alphabet and stand on a single foot because you have injuries but there are reports of you being in the workout room.

Refusing the breath test is basically an admission of guilt.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0.jpg

We down hea' in the Cowboys locker room and Jay Ratliff be done got him a DWI!

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got forced to take the field sobriety test once while on a date in 12 th grade. Jackass officer gave me a really hard time over nothing, said I was swerving, which I wasn't.

I can see how someone can get nervous and say the wrong thing or appear flustered.

I obviously wasn't drinking and the cop was getting to me and accused me of drinking or smoking something, for no reason.

Obviously Ratliff was ripped but I bet lots of people get nervous and then make mistakes

Reaction score
Sooo drunk. I'm sure he had brass balls that night. Reports are saying he was belligerent as hell once they put him into a cell. He was causing all sorts of chaos, and had no idea what was going on initially.

Pretty sure he was lit up lol. We've all been there.

Top Bottom